Status: In transition...

Midnight

Prologue.

She appreciated nights like this. Nights where she could just curl up on her couch, read a good book while the rain fell outside and hit her window in just the right way, causing her to forget the world. She breathed in, a content feeling swallowed her as she flipped the page of her book. It was of course in that moment on serenity that she heard a tapping that she knew very well wasn't the rain. She didn't hesitate to look over to the window which sat not too far from her. Although she had curtains covering it, blocking the outside world out, she knew without thought what was making the noise. She moved from her seat, sitting the book down pages first in order not to lose her place. Once at the window she pushed back the curtain to see and quickly opened the window.

"You know it's raining, right?" She asked solemnly as she stepped aside letting the now drenched boy in.

"Thanks for pointing that out." He grumbled as he pulled off his coat, water hitting her newly swept hardwood floors.

"I'll get a towel for you and my floor."

He rolled his eyes, brushing back his dark locks as he watched her escape to the bathroom and return within minutes. He still thanked her once she returned even though the scolding continued.

"So what do I owe this visit to, Harry?" She asked eyeing the boy as she resumed her spot on the couch. Harry moved into the apartment above hers several months ago. She caught him smoking on the fire escape in front of her window not even days after he moved in and the rest was history. They became friends she guess you could say. Although they only saw each other during the night and when one of them needed company. It was strictly platonic which she had grown to appreciate and although he had yet to say it, she believed he did too.

"Remember that girl I told you about?" He asked, falling beside her, not hesitating in digging his hand in the popcorn that she had made and sat on the coffee table about an hour ago.

"Which one? Sorry if I forget your current conquest. There are a few of them."

Harry shot her a look before deciding to just continue.

"Savannah."

"Oh right, yes, go on."

"She's crazy."

"Didn't see that coming." She replied, a sarcastic tone in her voice that he knew very well now.

"Well, she's upstairs..."

"And you are here."

"Right, because I need her to leave."

"And you think by waiting it out here she will?"

"It's worked before."

She sighed as she reached over and picked up the remote, "Here you go."

He flashed a smile, the one she liked simply because it showed off his dimples. She knew without asking that he used that to his advantage.

"Have I ever told you that you are my favorite neighbor, Londyn?" He asked, his bright eyes focused on the television screen as he flipped through channels so fast she wasn't sure if he even knew what as on them.

"Well no, but everyone else around us hates you so I just assumed."

He let out a laugh, his free hand brushing his hair back from his face, "Well, I guess you are right about that. Which means they probably don't like you either."

"And why is that?"

"Guilty by association."

She couldn't help but chuckle as she pulled the blanket closer to her.

"And here I am just trying to help the less fortunate. It's a sad world we live in."

Harry shook his head, laughter leaving his mouth once again, "You're a different type of girl, you know that?"

"Shut up, and turn the volume up."

"You get ill the later it gets. Do you realize this?"

"Shut up, Harry."

"It's only midnight, old lady."

"Shut up, Harry."

He chuckled before doing as told and the room grew quiet except for the show they were watching.

"No worries, I'll carry you to bed like always."

She rolled her eyes as she relaxed her head against his shoulder. Their understanding and respect for each other is what she appreciated the most.

She supposed it was why she never turned him away from the window no matter what time it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, it literally feels like years since I've written anything and for some reason I was hit with inspiration (a little bit from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, if you've seen that movie then you will pick up on that.) and hopefully it's back and here to stay!

So here is an introduction to something I've been brainstorming. Why Harry Styles I'm not sure, he was just the first one to pop in my head for what I have planned! Hope you enjoy! :)