American Boys

Draft.

Arthur took and kept his hands nervously placed in front of him as we took and watched the draft. I could tell by his face he was nervous as hell. I took and gave him an encouraging smile as I stayed beside of Sawyer as she laced our arms together. I smiled over at her best I could taking a breath. “Arthur Lynch.” I heard them say his name as I took and looked up at him. I could see how nervous he was as I took and smiled at him.

I watched as they done what they had and heard them say he’d be drafted to Miami Dolphins. I took and clapped for him smiling as he took and returned back to his seat. I smiled to myself glad he got one of the teams he’d been talking about since he’d been in college. I smiled as he stepped away and headed for the back with the guys who’d been drafted. I smiled at Sawyer as I hugged her getting up.

I headed to the back as Arthur turned as I hugged to him as I felt his arms tightly around me. “I am so proud of you babe.” I whispered to him.

I pulled back seeing the grin he had on his lips as I smiled at him, “Thanks babe.” He replied softly to me.

I smiled nodding my head. No matter what I would always be by his side, and would always support him. I lent up and pecked his lips as I smiled. “Sawyer is getting antsy like I was.” I smiled at him holding to his hand now as we watched.

“I hope he gets the team he’s been talking about.” Arthur says as I nod to his statement.

“Me too.” I replied softly. Leaning into his side I listen to the other men and all getting drafted. I take and zone out a little thinking about everything. I took and smiled listing to Arthur go on and on about how excited he was. I smiled up at him cupping his cheek, “I am happy too.” I replied softly kissing his lips. I smiled telling him I’d be outside for a minute.

I walked through the small crowd and headed outside. I took and smiled grabbing my phone and calling my parents. My mom had insisted on me calling her once Arthur had gotten the news. I took and smiled hearing my mom on the other end. “So…” She said extremely excited.

I knew Arthur’s parents had to be there with them. “He got drafted to Miami Dolphins.” I said.

I could hear them cheering in the background for it and everything. I let a soft giggle escape my lips and smiled. “Yeah he’s excited.” I replied.

“What about Aaron?” My mom asked.

“I have no idea; they haven’t gotten to him yet.” I said.

“I hope he gets his team as well. Call me when you two lovebirds are home.” She said as we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I slid my phone into my purse heading back inside of the building. I took and walked over to where Arthur as I sat down beside of him. I took and lent into him as his arm went around me. I smiled at him as I kissed his lips lightly holding to his free hand. I took and listened and watched on the big screen TV. So far everyone had gotten a team they had talked about. She just hoped the same for her best friend’s boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this! Comments are appreciated.

Emily