American Boys

My Boys

Sawyer

“Will you stop,” I chuckle softly as I put a hand on Aaron’s shaking knee. He instantly stops doing what he was doing and looks at me, forcing a smile onto his lips. “You have no reason to be nervous. Any team would be lucky to have you. You proved that all those years playing for Georgia.”

“You have to say those things,” he tells me, “it’s in the girlfriend contract.”

I just roll my eyes before leaning over and pecking his lips, “I’m also a writer for a sports magazine. I’m not just being biased here.”

“Just a little bit biased.” He smirks. I’m about to say something when I hear his name being called. All the air gets sucked back into my lungs as I grab a hand of his hands, squeezing them tight. This waiting is for the birds, hopefully when I cover this next year it’s not going to be so stressful! But the moment they say Kansas City Chiefs my heart skips a beat as I all but tackle Aaron, kissing him a couple times.

While I’m celebrating Aaron’s future, another name I was waiting on gets called. The moment I hear my cousin’s name, AJ McCarron, followed by Cincinnati Bengals my excitement grows. Both of my boys got drafted, I can’t help but to be happy. I give Aaron one more kiss before running off to find my cousin to congratulate him.

It wasn’t hard to find AJ. A smile appears on my lips as I run and jump on his back, “congrats cousin of mine.” I jump down and pulled into a hug immediately.

“Thanks Sawyer,” he smiles, “Tell Aaron I said congrats. And to make sure he doesn’t hurt you or I’ll break him.”

“You still aren’t happy that I’m dating a Bulldog, are you?” I chuckle, “It’s been like fours, give it a break.”

“I’ll never let it go.” He laughs before giving me a hug and a kiss on the top of my head. “Go celebrate with your boyfriend. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Love ya, AJ.” I say before heading off to find my boyfriend in the sea of people.

It’s not hard to find Aaron. He’s standing around, talking to Arthur and Emily. A proud smiles appears as I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso. “I’m so proud of you baby.” I tell him, “see you worried for nothing.”

“Yea, yea, yea.” He says pulling away from me so he can turn around and wrap his arms around me. “I should listen to you more often, huh?”

“You should.” I chuckle as Aaron places a kiss on my lips.

“Where did you run off to?” Emily asks, “I figure you wouldn’t leave Aaron’s side.”

“My cousin just got drafted too,” I reply, “or did all of your forget that my cousin is AJ McCarron?” The group just laughs.

“I think after all this waiting, we all deserve a drink stronger than champagne.” Arthur announces, “Aaron want to come to the bar with me.” The boys kiss Emily and I goodbye before disappearing off towards the bar.

“Our boys made it,” Emily smiles as we link arms and walk towards an open couch. “I’m so proud of them.”

“They’ve worked so hard for this and now here they are: NFL players.”

“Now the real work begins.”

“They’re not playing in Georgia anymore,” I agree, “they’re going to have to re-memorize plays and ques and all that. It’s going to be stressful for them. And we’re gonna have to be more supportive than ever.”

“But it’ll be worth,” Emily smiles. “They’ve dreamed of this. They deserve this.”

“That they do.” I smile but deep down, I’m wondering if I can truly handle my boyfriend being so far away all the time...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sawyer

comment&subscribe?