American Boys

If you're a bird, I'm a bird.

After Emily drops me off, I quickly head inside and get changed out of my dress before letting our pure black German Shepherd puppy, Anubis, outside. Once he’s done doing his business, we head back inside. I grab my big Georgia Bulldog blanket and curl up on the couch to watch a movie on Netflix. Anubis curls up next to me as the beginning of The Notebook starts. I’m not into too many chick flicks but this is my guilty pleasure. Even Aaron loves it, even if he doesn’t want to admit it.

Maybe ten minutes later, I hear the door open. Anubis jumps off the couch, running to go greet Aaron. Seconds later, I hear Aaron laughing as Anubis happily barks at him; happy to see daddy home. Aaron walks into the living room and see The Notebook on the TV screen,

“No wonder Anubis is happy to see me, he wants me to save him from chick flicks.” Aaron laughs as he walks over to me, leaning over to give me a quick kiss on the lips.

“Get changed and come curl up and watch the movie with me,” I pout, “I need cuddle time with you and Anubis before you leave for camp.”

“Your wish is my command, m’lady.” He smiles before leaning down and giving me a longer kiss before heading towards our room to get changed. Minutes later, he comes back wearing only a pair of his gym shorts. He curls up under the blanket, prompting Anubis to jump on top of us. His head is on me while everything else is lounged out over Aaron. I laugh as I pull out my cellphone, taking a picture of the three of us to put on Instagram. Captioning it spending the night with my boys and Netflix @aaronmurray11 #realmenwatchTheNotebook, knowing it’ll get some comments from back home. It’ll mostly being the boys laughing at Aaron for putting up with The Notebook.

“I live for nights like this.” I say as the movie ends and we begin our nightly binge watching of Breaking Bad. “You, me, the pup, just hanging out and binge watching TV shows about making meth.”

“So do I,” Aaron states, pulling me closer to him. “If I could, I would pause time and just live in moments like this. I don’t need the NFL or the fame. I just need you and my family; that’s it.” I roll over, earning a protest from the puppy that’s curled up on me, and kiss Aaron.

“With you being away all the time, it just makes moments like these even more special.” I smile. He smiles before kissing me one more time as the next episode of Breaking Bad begins to play. I wrap my arms around Aaron’s torso and nuzzle my face in his neck; completely enjoying this moment.

**

Pistol Annies play as Emily and I catch while the boys man the grill. We decided to have a cookout together to celebrate the draft. It’s also nice to hang out with each other because we honestly don’t know how much we can hang now that they aren’t on the same team anymore. Plus it’s also a beautiful day out. Perfect day for cutoff shorts, a crop top and my favorite cowboy boots.

“So you made Aaron watch chick flicks last night?” Emily laughs, “I can’t even get Arthur to do that without whining.”

“Aaron won’t admit it but he loves The Notebook.” I giggle. “Plus I honestly don’t think he cares what we watch at this point. Right now we’re just enjoying what time we have together before he heads off to camp and I head off to various games to interview various football players.”

“It’s cute though,” Emily notes. “He’s willing to do anything to make you happy. You got yourself a keeper there.”

“I do, don’t I?” I smile as I look at Aaron. He’s dressed in a UGA polo and a nice pair of jeans. He’s smiling and laughing, which is my kryptonite. He’s sweet, kind and has such a big heart; he’s basically perfect.

“You guys are going to make it,” Emily says with confidence. “You guys are made for each other.”

“So are you and Arthur,” I smile. “The NFL is just an obstacle we have to tackle, no pun intended.” I laugh causing Emily to let out a giggle. I turn my attention to our boys laughing about something; most likely Anubis. Everything is so perfect right now. Amazing friends, good food and beer; life truly can’t get any better at this point.
♠ ♠ ♠
Movie Night
Cook Out

Anubis

comment&subscribe?