Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

Perfectly Unexpected

Natasha and Fury needed to rest as we would meet together in an hour to discuss our next move. I sat in the room by myself as I closed my eyes.

Natasha's POV

It was a simple yet beautiful ring I suppose. The metal was cold in my fingers as I studied it further. One lone diamond in the center the metal wrapped around it like a vine creating the ring. It was hanging by a chain. Rogers cracks me up sometimes.

"I knew you would have it." I heard him say, I didn't bother to look up.

"So when were you planning on purposing to her?" I asked him as I stared him in the eyes and watched his demeanor.

"I was going to ask her but as you can see everything just got in the way." Roger said as he took it out of my hands.

"I would do it soon Steve, with us all almost dying a couple of hours ago. I say there is no better time." I smirked as he left.

Lana's POV

I opened my eyes as the bed shifted. I stared at Steve as he laid next to me. I hugged him as I let my left leg rest over his. His arm wrapped tightly around me as I got comfortable.

"You are very comfy." I whispered as he laughed gently

"You look tired." He commented

"I almost died, my adrenaline rush is gone. I need a nap." I told him as he smiled down at me. My hand rested on the center of his chest as it gently went up and down.

I hope my brother and Pepper will be okay. I need to protect him, like he has done for me all these years. Bucky killed my parents, I honestly don't know how he expects me to be humane around this person. If I'd see him, I rip him in half. I frowned knowing I have to understand he has probably been brainwashed...

I need to reevaluate these things. I looked up toward Steve as his pale blue eyes were set in a concentration like trance as he kept thinking.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" I asked him

"When I was running through SHIELD, I thought about what was going to happen if I didn't reach you fast enough. It made me extremely anxious but then I remembered that you are stronger than me. Heck you took on Thor once from what he has told me. I know you could protect yourself and others while I'm away. I met you and you never treated me different. I really love you and I want you to marry me." He said staring at me as I nodded before shaking my head and sitting up.

"Wait what?" I asked to see if I was hearing correctly.

"I want you to marry me." He repeated as a big smile over took my face and I kissed him.

"Yes, holy... Wow. Yes!" I tried to say a proper sentence as he pulled me closer kissing me as I climbed on top of his lap. I could feel his hands trail down as I felt a squeeze on my hips. I giggled and felt him slip a ring over and left ring finger.

"Wow." I cannot talk today? I looked at the ring as I smiled widely.

I sat back as I stared at it with complete interest. I looked at him as I pretended to punch as he gently blocked me.

"Steve do you really want to marry me?" I asked

"I really do." He told me as I grinned

"I honestly never thought I hear those words." I said

well again...

I smiled as I kissed him gently. He was just so warm all the time, I was cold. Honestly my hands are always cold. My hands rested on his chest as I leaned in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat in the conference room as I retrieve my suit earlier. It was different a new gift from Tony. It was black body armor with deep red around the waist. I could feel my black gloves Protect my hands and my new ring.

"So what I am getting from all of this is that we need three chips that will override the Helicarriers' systems." I asked as I rubbed my face.

I'm getting to old for this

"You got it." Natasha said I looked at Natasha as she stared at the screen.

Steve was angry and order that SHIELD and HYDRA be shut down. I could see the pain in Fury's eyes as he agreed and we listened closely. After the debriefing, I grabbed Steve's hand and led him outside. I walked out to the bridge as I hopped over and sat on the railing. Steve wrapped his arms around me as he was in deep thought. Sam came over as we talked and Steve looked at me.

"I need a favor." He looked at me

"Say no more."I kissed him as I left flying as fast as I could to the Smithsonian. I snuck in and stole Steve's original costume. I flew back as I grinned handing his clothes to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We broke into the main speaker room as Steve began to announcers every SHIELD agent that Pierce, Strike team and HYDRA took over SHIELD. He warned them about the hellicarriers killing people and that we could prevent it.

"Did you write that down first? Or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked as I laughed. My black mask was adjusted over my eyes as my hair was tightly tied up.

We looked out as the alarms sounded loudly we looked at each other as we ran out of the building leaving Maria inside to guide us.

"They're initiating launch." Maria told us as I flew off with Sam and Steve. I could see the guns being fire as I dodged and tried to destroy them as best as I could. I swooped down low as I began to fight off different members of HYDRA. I threw, punch and kicked my way threw the men and women as I broke and and used their own weapons. Hell I hope Natasha is safe. I flew up as I could see the big artillery being fire at me. I moved as fast as I could swung the jet to the floor.

I flew to one jet as I began to clear the way for Steve. I looked behind me as 10 little missiles were trailing behind me I flew so fast out of the way I broke the sound barrier. I diverted the missiles away as I went inside the hellicarriers and cleaned it out before heading out. I could see a flash of silver as I swooped down and landed creating a crater.

"Oh I am going to enjoy this." I grinned as I punched him sending him tumbling to the floor. I kicked his ribs as he was sent back I heard Steve call.

"Lana I'm going to need a ride." Steve called as I saw him fall down toward the floor. I flew down and caught him as I threw him on the last hellicarrier. Sam followed close behind as we walked side by side with Steve. Before we knew it Bucky threw Steve off as he ripped Sam's wing off and I tried to get Steve as I I felt a metal arm swing me back.

"Fuck off!" I snapped as he disappeared and Steve was in the main room of the control system.

"Cove the hellicarrier Lana." Maria called as I grew and killed HYDRA agents off the entrance.

"Please be safe." I muttered thinking of Steve as threw an agent off the side.

I punched one agent as I felt a high voltage baton hit my back. I screamed as I punched him breaking his jaw.

"Cap, Lana get out of there." Maria called as I fought off the remaining agents.

"Do it now." Steve called

"But Steve, lana tell him." Maria asked

"Do it Maria." I called as I opened the door to an ear piercing scream. I ran to Steve as my eyes watered.

"No, no." I whispered trying to apply pressure to his abdomen.

"Please help Bucky." Steve begged as I groaned

"Lana please." He winced as I looked at the beam crushing him. I walked over and lifted the beam with ease. Bucky got out as I dropped the beam to the floor.

"You know me." Steve said as Bucky punched me with his metal arm sending me head first into a beam Knocking me out. I could see my vision barley come to as I saw Steve falling I flew to Bucky hitting his face with a strong force as his back hit a beam. I flew down and as I pulled Steve out. I could feel someone watching as I turned to see no one. I cried as I called out for an EMT over the channel.

"Please be okay." I cried looking at him as he didn't wake up.