Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

Strength

I watched the hospital bed for the second day. Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man" soundtrack played as Sam slept in the chair to Steve's left and I on his right. I held his hand and rubbed my thumb over his hand. My tears ran out on the first night. They couldn't wake him up and it bothered me, usually we take only hours to get better. I rested my head on the bar as I listened to the music softly fill the room.

"I'm going to get us coffee." Sam told me as I thanked him. I looked up at the iPhone as it kept playing. I wiped a tear from my eye as I stared at the wedding ring.

"How's my girl doing?" I heard a raspy voice ask, my head snapped around to the bed. I saw Steve's eyes for the first time in a while as I softly hugged him. I pushed his hair back as he smiled.

"I missed my Brookyln baby." I smiled as I kissed him

"How do you feel Hun?" I asked him, his eye was discolored.

"I have had better days." He told me as I got him water. I looked at his monitors as I called the doctor in. He checked over Steve and saw he was healing well. He removed some monitors and left the room. I sat down next to him on the bed and held me as I breathed out contently.

"You worried me so much when you wouldn't wake up or respond to us. I was so scared of losing you." I told him as he held me.

"I need to find him." He told me.

"I know Steve. We could call in a favor from Natasha when she gets back from her hearing." I whispered

"She could have connections to the get the files that I need." Steve sat up to get comfortable. He began to get out of bed as I shot out to the other side to stop him.

"Steve, hell take it easy. You just fell like over 60 stories from the hellicarrier!" I sat him down with force as he swatted my hand away.

"Steven Rogers don't you care test me." I said with my hands on my hips

A smile played on to his lips as he pulled me in and rested his head on my stomach. I could fell him kiss me as little goosebumps appeared on my arms. I kissed the top of his head as he looked up. I smiled as Sam came in.

"Oh sorry for interrupting." He laughed as I grinned taking my coffee. I took a sip as he looked at Steve.

"How are you holding up?" Sam asked Steve

"I'm doing better." Steve responded as he began to remove the IV needle.

"Hey man you should take it easy." Sam told him as I nodded in agreement.

"As soon as the information leaks that Bucky killed your parents... Nothing is going to stop Tony." Steve told me as I wanted to nod but sighed nodding.

"I know my brother can be very...forward with his emotions but I guess we have to act quickly." I told them as we nodded. I went to go to check Steve out as he changed. I signed all the papers and walked back to his room.

We later arrived at a temporary home Tony got me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked to the car and drove off to the cemetery. We were silent as we drove to see no one present. We walked up to the tombstone and looked at Fury's name.

"So you've experienced this thing before?" Fury said as he carried a conversation on asking them to join him.

We turned to see Natasha as she looked at us. Steve walked toward her with me in tow. She handed Steve a file before congratulating us on the engagement.

"I want you there for the wedding. Whether as Natasha Romanoff or Natalie Rushman." I grinned as she smiled softly

"If you can find me." She offered

"Oh trust me Nat, with Tony's technology and my enhanced ability, you better clear you calendar." I grinned hugging her tightly.

Nat soon left in search of a new identity and to hide from society for a while. I heard Sam walk behind us as we studied Bucky's old file. I looked at an old picture of him as Steve picked it up and looked at it.

"So are we going to look for him?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Aside from this story I might plan on a prequels from when Lana was on the not so bright side of the Law. When she was in love with another person.