This Is The Last Night

This House Is Not A Home

I needed to get home ASAP. I needed to think with my music on. What was Davey going to do to me? Was he going to kiss me? God this is going to kill me. I walked home just thinking about it. Does that mean he likes me? I’d be super happy if he did. Too bad I’ll probably never know. It didn’t feel like 25 minutes to me when I got home it felt like 10 minutes at least. No One was home again. I ran up to my room and shut the door. I dropped my bags by my bed and then walked over to the radio, and turned it on. I put a couple CD’s in and just listened for the CD’s to get settled and waited for the music to start. Once the music started I walked over to my bed and laid down for a few minutes. I was listening to the used and singing along for a bit. Now my mind was open to think and wander with today’s events. This was just….wow! Could he have kissed me? Did he believe the lie I told him? When he looked in my eyes I felt like he knew it was a lie but didn’t push it. I would’ve told him if I wasn’t so hell bent on pretending my family was perfect. I hate it I just want to scream out for someone to help me and pull me away from this hell. I closed my eyes trying to keep the image of Davey touching me in my head. There was something there I know it, but maybe that’s just all me and not him at all. I thought on this a bit more and then started on my homework. By the time I finished my homework the used CD was over. I kept my music going and went downstairs to get something to eat. I just grabbed some small snacks and went back up to my room. I shut my door and locked it like usual then laid down on my bed and started eating, staring up at the white ceiling. I started to grow tired, as I finished off eating my snacks, my eyes started to close. The next thing I know I wake up and I look at my clock, midnight, Damn. I quickly got off the bed and turned off my music and cleaned off my bed and got undressed and turned off the lights, and then crawled underneath my nice warm blankets and went back to sleep. Hopefully there won’t be any weirdness between me and Davey tomorrow.
I woke up at the normal time and did the usual. When I got to school I had more time to spare so I stayed at my locker a bit longer. I went to 1st block and the next thing I know its 4th block. Today went by fast. I took my time going to 4th block cause I didn’t want to really see Davey today. Lucky for me he wasn’t here today. We did the same thing as yesterday; we watched a movie on the planets. I was about to text Davey and ask where he was but I didn’t know if he was in school or wasn’t or if he was just ditching this class. I looked at my phone there was one new message and so I looked at it.

D- So what’s the next hint?

I didn’t know what to do should I just tell him I don’t want him to know or nothing at all.

S- Um…I’m not popular

That’s all I could think of and I wasn’t really in the mood to talk. Today it hit me real hard Davey saw my bruise, he probably doesn’t believe what I said. I’m scared he’s going to figure out what actually goes on in my home. That would kill me. He would look at me differently.
The bell rang pulling me out of my thoughts. I gathered my things and walked out the door. Maybe he’ll believe it and not think anything of it. I walked home as usual. When I got home I was alone again. I grabbed some snacks and ate them and then went up to my room. I did my homework, and then watched the sun go down out my window. After the moon and stars were in the sky then I went to bed.

FWD>>>4th block the next day

Davey was here today, but lucky for me we didn’t have to do anything with partners. Of course he had text me and I text him back with a hint.

S- I’m in one of your classes.

When he received that text and read it he started looking around the room, since I was staring at him. When he got to me our eyes locked, I quickly moved my eyes to look down so I couldn’t see those blue eyes of his. The bell rang unexpectedly and I started to pack up my things when someone placed a paper on my desk. I looked up to see Davey.

“What’s this?” I asked grabbing it

“That’s my new poem, read it and tell me what you think.” He said

“Ok thanks.” I said and put it in my backpack. We ended up walking out of the room together.

“You want a ride home?” he asked, I thought about it for a second and then answered.

“Yea, that’d be great, thanks!” I smiled and followed him to his car. I got in and he started the car and drove off. With my directions we arrived at my house 10 minutes later. When he pulled into the driveway I almost died. There in the driveway was my foster parents walking into the house. Bill looked at Davey then at me.

“Um… Thanks for the ride, Bye.” I said getting out of the car.

“Your welcome, Bye Sarah” he said and I shut the door with a smile and then he left. Right when he got out of the driveway my smile fell, now I was in for it.