Status: Active

Poisonous

Poisonous

“Sophie!” a rough voice thick with a Finnish accent said a few minutes later. She turned to see Mige setting some bags down to the floor. She smiled and jumped up, hugging the man that kept his hair long. Sophie laughed, rubbing his beard with her hands.

“Hey Mige!” she said happily..

“Have you been nice?” he asked, with a smile of his own.

Sophie scoffed and shook her head. “Fuck no. Not to Bam at least. He doesn't deserve my kindness.”

"Come," he said, "Let's go get a drink."

"Are you sure the drinks aren't poisoned?" Mige chuckled and shook his head, guiding her with his right hand at the small of her back outside.

"The only drink poisonous is you, love."

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, understandably confused. Mige liked to speak in riddles, or so she thought. .

"It's... tough to explain," he added, then rambled off something in Finnish, explaining it in his native tongue.

"Would you not do that? It sounds cool but I don't know a damn thing you're saying," she told him with a gentle laugh. “All I know how to say is hello, goodbye, and fuck.”

"Sorry," he said with a brisk chuckle himself. Mige motioned to the backyard, asking Sophie if she cared to join him. Reluctantly, she nodded and followed him out to the backyard, stopping at a cooler to fish some beers out of one of the many around the lawn. Bam's usual lawn decorations were out as well; four wheelers, go carts, damaged cars, and everything in between, maybe even a naked girl in the bushes enjoying herself. Sophie wasn't sure about that but the one thing she did know was that she was forced into coming here. After all, she didn't know where they were going, the two men only hinted that they were going out, and as a rouse to get her to join them, blackmailed with food.

"You've got to be shitting me," she said, seeing Bam's camera crew follow him out of the house. "Is he still doing this crap?" It wasn't looking too good for Sophie, when she was in the same vicinity as Bam, he liked to play tricks on her in particular. The same held even truer if the camera crew was out. For all the hate the two held for each other, she could never figure out why he wouldn’t just leave her alone. "If he tries something on me," she told Mige, speaking out of the corner of her mouth, "I'm going to fuck him up so don't stop me."

Mige laughed and took a drink of his beer, "I'll try not to."

Sophie watched Bam closely. Currently, he was talking with another man, a producer or something or the other, she thought. It wasn't until then that she caught the eye of one Ville Valo, a tall thin man she had become very good friends with in the past few years or so. He took her out for her first legal drink and even gave her the gift of pornography from his father's shop in Finland on her twenty second birthday. The man was kind and soft spoken, a hopeless romantic, or so he made it out to seem. To her, he was one of her closest friends and to him, she was a funny woman who needed more girlfriends in her life.

A flash of blonde ran past Sophie's view as she waved Ville over, the woman she knew as Jenn Rivell, Bam's current flame – and fiancé. To her surprise they had been going steady for a very long while but Sophie knew there was a crazy streak in that woman. One day she was not only going to break Bam's heart (not that she would care too much) but she was going to take it to the extreme and cause Bam a lot of pain and heartache. Sophie glanced over as she saw Jenn and Bam arguing, something that wasn’t uncommon.

"Hei," Ville said, taking Sophie out of her stupor, "You look nice. I like the black. It's different from the blue."

Accepting the hug from Ville, a smile found its way on Sophie's face. A genuine smile. She was glad to see her friend again. "Ville," she said as she pulled away from the hug. "It's so good to see you. You're looking pretty good yourself."

"Did you miss me?" the Finnish man asked, pushing his hands into the pockets of his dark jeans. A black beanie was on his head, covering the greasy hair of traveling and a dark grey, thin scarf adorned his neck tightly over his faded black 69 Eyes t-shirt.

"Well no," Sophie joked. Ville feigned heartache, placing his hand over his 'bleeding' heart. "I'm joking, of course I did."

"What'd it take to get you here?" Ville laughed.

"Fucking food," she said, looking over just in time to see Bam throw Jenn into the pool. It wasn't the movement that caught her eye, it was the splash.

"Why are you paying so much attention to him?" Ville asked, following her gaze.

"I'm making sure he doesn't try something," she said as she took a drink from her bottle of Heineken. "Every time those cameras are around he eventually does something to piss me off."

"Jenn's here, I don't think his attention will be on you," Mige told her sincerely. "He’ll be too busy fighting with her."

"I doubt it," Sophie told him with a sigh. "I swear that man just loves to piss me off."

Bam looked around, spotting Ville and Mige with Sophie. He didn't know why but it irked him that his best friend would rather be talking to Sophie than him. Common sense tried telling him otherwise but Bam hardly ever listened to common sense. The career he had been making for himself proved that. He knew the pair were friends and that he had the whole car ride from the airport with the man, but somewhere inside he was jealous. He attributed the feeling to wanting his friend to himself after so long of not seeing him rather than anything else. Bam looked down at his fiance to see her cussing and spurting out water while trying to swim to the edge to get out of the pool.

"Bam, I swear to God I'm going to kill you, I fucking hate you," she said. Bam smiled, mission accomplished. Ignoring her, he took off toward his friend. “Peace, bitch,” he said to her while walking away.

"What up, Valo, hanging with the reject?" he asked with a smile.

"Obviously he's not," Sophie told him, anger rolling in, "because he's not hanging out with you."

Bam's attention turned to the black haired woman. "Did you know that in just the right light you look slightly female?"

"Bam, that's cruel," Mige said as he tried to contain his laughter.

"Yeah, Bam," Sophie said, a patronizing tone toying at the edge of her words. Crossing her arms, she popped her hip as she took a defensive stance. "Why you gotta be a dick?"

Bam and Sophie locked eyes, each with a hostile expression on their face. Bam Margera squinted his eyes as he crossed his arms as well, standing with his legs apart in his own defensive stance.

"I gotta be a dick because I wouldn't be me if I wasn't, now would I?" he started, thinking through his retaliation.

Sophie's brother Jason walked up behind her, noticing the hostility occurring between the two. He sipped on a beer, watching the situation carefully. With his hand in his pocket and the other holding his beer, Jason smiled to himself. He knew Sophie hated Bam but he bribed her into coming because he knew Ville was going to be here and it would make her happy. The added fact of the feud between the two only added to his entertainment. He prepared himself to pull the two apart from each other if the situation headed that direction, but hopped he wouldn’t have to.

The disgust for Bam was boiling in Sophie. "Here's how I see it," she started, changing her position. She now stood with her hands in her back pockets and looked up at him coyly. "If you gotta be a dick, go act like one somewhere else. I'm sure there's a pussy somewhere around here that you can stick yourself in... But from what I'm guessing you prefer assholes to pussies."

"Oh, that's where you're going, huh?" Bam responded, slightly amused but not showing it. Sophie nodded, a smirk on her lips. "In that case I'm sure there's a pussy you can stick your dick into too. The only problem is you would need a tub or so of lube 'cause not even you can get any pussy wet enough."

As soon as the words left his lips Sophie's fist made contact with Bam's face. “What the fuck, Noland?!” Jenn shrieked as Bam stumbled back from the impact. Not even spilling a single drop of her beer, Sophie was satisfied. She shook out her hand as Bam looked over to her, surprised and even a little bit impressed. The girl hit hard, he thought.

"Really?" Jason asked with an amused chuckle. Sophie looked over to her brother and nodded. Bam readied to lunge himself at her. If she was going to hit like a man, he thought, there should be no reason not to retaliate. Jason saw Bam about to hit his sister and quickly pulled her out of his reach. "Dude, what the fuck? You don't hit women!" Jason wasn't happy, in fact he was seriously upset. Sophie may not act like your average girl but she was still one.

"Bam, no," Midge said, looking at his friend. Ville watched on. Knowing Bam, he wasn't going to let this go.

Pulling his friend away more from Sophie, Ville said, "That's not right and you know it."

"If she wants to act like one of the boys then let her!" Bam said, anger boiling. Sophie looked around, the cameras watching. Her theory was still holding up.

"Yeah, let him go. If he wants a fight I'll give him one," she said.

“Though it would be amusing, I’m not going to let you two fight,” Jason told his sister gruffly, and began pulling her away. Immediately Sophie broke the grasp and pushed him off, a glare returning to Bam Margera. She spat at his feet, a serious sign of disrespect.

“I don’t know what it is exactly you have against me but I have my own reasons to fucking hate you,” Sophie snarled, composing herself. “You always have to give me shit and mess with me and I’m fucking sick of it. I can handle myself,” she told her brother, seeing him tense. Her attention turned back to Bam, his eyes narrowed. “We went to the same school, were in the same grade and you have always, no matter what, treated me like shit, so fuck you, fuck your show and fuck your bitch. I’m done.” Sophie began to turn away but had to stop when he started to respond. She kept her back to him but couldn’t tear herself away from having to hear what he said.

“Same shit, different day, huh Noland?” Bam said. He was just as angry, not uncommon. “You say this shit every time you’re here and you disrespect me every time you’re here so why the fucking hell do you come?”

“Like I knew I was coming here,” Sophie said with a scoff, turning around.

“I knew she’d want to see Ville and the guys,” Jason said.

“She wasn’t even invited!” Bam exclaimed, telling his friend. Naturally, his arm extended to help make his point. Everyone was silent for a minute, but Bam continued after a pause. “Usually people just show up at my house anyway without an invite, I get that, okay? But… it’s Sophie.”

“Fine, I’m gone,” Sophie said without a second thought. Sophie turned on her heel and started walking toward the end of the driveway, pulling her pack of cigarettes out of her pocket. Lighting one she took a deep drag and sighed. With a free hand, Sophie grabbed her grey flip phone from her back pocket and dialed a familiar face, her father.

“Hey kid,” Kenneth Noland said, a man of 50 years old.

“Just give her some space man,” Jason told Chris, seeing he was going to chase after Sophie. “She wants to leave, then let her. We tried.”

Chris turned around after stopping for a moment. His eyes set their gaze on Bam. “Why are you such a dick to her anyway, man?”

Bam shrugged. Sophie’s reason for hating him was because of the way Bam treated her, but Bam couldn’t form a reason in his mind why he was so cruel to the woman. Their feud started when they were teenagers, they had gotten along at first for the most part, then Bam signed to skateboarding sponsors and as his fame grew so did the dislike of Sophie. He started to yell at her, pick on her, call her names and treat her like one of the boys and she started hating him for it.

Sophie was used to being treated like a boy because of her older brothers but she didn’t want to be treated like a boy from Bam. She actually used to like him before his became such an awful person toward her. Before Bam started bullying Sophie she had more feelings than she should’ve for him, but once the ill treatment began, all feelings for the boy vanished and they hadn’t made their way back since.

“Because it’s fun,” Bam said. “She makes such a big deal about it but get’s really pissed off and that makes me pissed off. She needs to learn to take a fucking joke and just calm the hell down.”

“You call her a dude, bro,” Jason said, “it’s like her or anyone else calling you a chick, you wouldn’t like it either.”

Bam pointed towards where Sophie walked off to and said, “Because she does! Have you seen your sister lately?! She doesn’t take care of herself, like a dude, she doesn’t care how she looks, like a dude, she plays video games, like a dude, and I have never seen a chick who can drink so much damn beer.”

“So?” Jason asked. “Just because she’s got a whole lot of her brothers in her doesn’t mean she is one. C’mon, man, we didn’t grow up with a mom. Sophie doesn’t know what being a girl is.”

Bam fell silent, knowing the story fully well. Even though he didn’t like Sophie, he knew it wasn’t right to bash on her mother. “Whatever,” he said, walking away toward his house. “You guys coming or not?”

Ville walked toward the house but made a last minute decision which took him towards Sophie. Upon looking at her sitting in the gravel, cigarette in hand he felt slightly bad for her. Though he knew about the feud and didn’t approve of it, he didn’t think it was much of his place to interfere. Ville watched as Sophie ran her hand through her hair, breathed a puff of smoke out and looked at him. Her lipped tugged up into a smile as he sat down next to her.

“Do you want to come back in?” he asked her, taking a pack of cigarettes out of his own pocket.

“My dad is on his way to get me,” she said.

Ville nodded and breathed in. “Sorry about Bam.”

“Why? He’s always been this way to me. I’ve gotten used to it.”

“No one should be treated like that.”

Sophie shrugged and stamped the end of her cigarette out, just to light another. “I treat him the same way back. I know you’re trying to be sympathetic and I appreciate it but it’s just best if Margera and I stay our own separate ways.”

Ville sighed and wrapped his free arm around her, giving her a slight squeeze.

“Valo! Get your ass in here and leave the enemy alone!” the pair heard yelling from the house.

“I’m my own person,” Ville said with a laugh. “Will I get to see you before we start our tour?”

“When is that?”

“Monday,” he answered.

“I deejay tonight if you want to come. The club that I’m at tonight is called Rumor, in Philly if you want to come.”

“I’ll see if we can sneak out,” he said with grin, bumping her before standing, the same time a back Mazda pulled in the drive. Sophie stood as well and gave Ville a parting hug.

“Maybe I’ll see you tonight,” she said with a light grin.