Status: New story. Enjoy!

Dead Nightingale

Chapter 3: Troll

I was eating my dinner happily when the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher came running in screaming about trolls in the dungeon.

Dumbledore told us to go back to our common rooms. And Rose left with the teachers to face the troll.

But I have one question.

Why in Hell's name are the Slytherins going to their common room which are in the dungeons when there is a damn troll in the same dungeons?

I left the group wondering to the girl's bathroom where I heard crying.

"Excuse me?" I said

A stall opened to reveal a crying Gryffindor girl with brown bushy hair.

"Are you ok?" I asked

She nodded. Then she looked at me, her eyes got big. I sighed.

"I am not going to hurt you." I said

Then I heard a grunt behind me. I slowly turned around. And standing before me was a very ugly troll.

"I see you left the dungeons." I told

He growled...yelled...yeah whatever. I pushed the girl back into the stall before dodging his club that took off the tops of the stalls.

Two boys ran in. One was Harry Potter, the other was his red haired friend.

"Hermione MOVE!' Harry yelled

She moved. I took my chance to jump on the club, kicking it out of his hands. He grabbed my ankle throwing me. I hit the floor. He had his club in his hand once more.

I must have blacked out because now the troll had Harry by his foot and was trying to swing the club at him. And I am pretty sure there is a wand in the ugly thing's nose. Eww.

The red haired boy said the spell we learned in charms and now the club hanged above his head. Then it fell knocking him out. As the boys sad something the girl ran to me and helped me up.

"Thanks." I said.

She held out her hand. "Hermione Granger."

I shook it. "Lucinia Muerte."

McGonagall, Snape with a bleeding leg, and Rose rushed in. Well I am so dead.

Hermione explained that she went looking for the troll. I was using the bathroom when she ran in followed by the troll. And if it wasn't for me and the boys she would be dead. And thanks to her i wasn't. I was starting to like this girl. I got five points for sheer dumb luck. Works for me.

Rose didn't buy it. Once we got back to our room she demanded the truth.

"I thought it was stupid that we were going to the very place the troll was. I went to the bathroom to find Hermione crying. The troll came in. And I did push her into a stall to save her." I said

Rose smiled. "So you do have some kindness."

"I only hate people that give me a reason too." I said

"Your parents?" she said trying to get something out of me about their deaths

"They gave me many reasons." I simple said
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder what her parents did? She kinda got a friend! Sort of.....