So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 46

Will mentioning the baby was for me to hear but be it jetlag or an acute sense of hearing from my mom, her head swiveled up.

I watched in somewhat surprise at her almost horrified expression she tried to hide while looking between me and my stomach.

It was almost entertaining as she attempted to compose herself and pretend nothing happened, clearing her throat.

"Sweetie, I don't mean to pry or insult but... you're not pregnant are you?" My mom asked hesitantly.

I sighed, tugging down my shirt.

"Yeah, I'm pregnant."

The color drained from dad's face and went into my moms, making her look almost like she was glowing.

"My baby's gonna have a baby!" She squealed breathlessly, jumping up to give me a tight hug, pulling me away from William.

I gasped, trying to refill my lungs with air from the impact of her hug.

Matt was still watching, just waiting to see how I might react with their reactions.

My dad seemed obviously shaken though I couldn't blame him.

When you haven't seen your daughter in four years and she shows up out of the blue knocked up... well, we were lucky he hadn't had a heart attack or went looking for his gun.

My mom finally pulled away from me, just now noticing Will.

"Sweetheart you never introduced me to your friend here." She nudged coyly.

Biting my lip, I grabbed his hand.

"Mom, this is Will, my uh... he's the father."

She raised an eyebrow, which Will took as his cue to put his arm back around me and pull me close.

Both my parents opened their mouths at the same time but were cut off by my sister, forsaking the TV and pushing her way past them.

"No fucking way... you're William Beckett." She breathed, staring at him.

Nervously he blushed and ran his and through his hair. "Yeah... you must be Lilly's sister... Madeline right?"

She stuck on her flirtiest smile and replied. "It's Madi actually."

I rolled my eyes at her blatant flirting and hoped Will would realize she was a TAI fangirl, the equivalent to a Black Widow.

My mom pushed Madi behind her and turned to him. "So, does that mean you're famous?"

Will awkwardly shuffled from side to side on his feet. "Uh..."

I sighed and cut into the conversation.

"Yeah, he's a musician, I've done some articles on his band for AP. So yeah he's famous, and no Madi, don't ask for an autograph."

My sister, who I should add was eighteen, still at home, and a spoiled brat, rolled her eyes and breezed out of the room in a huff.

"Well she hasn't changed much." I muttered, taking her abandoned spot on the couch.

My younger brother Jake looked at me, waiting for a reaction.

A slow small smile appeared on my face as I tackled him onto the couch.

"I missed you baby brother!" I laughed, hugging him.

He hugged me for a quick second before letting go. "Ewwwww, sister cooties!"

Despite what he said I couldn't help but notice the little smile on his face as I sat down next to him, pulling Will down on my opposite side.

When I looked back around everyone was sitting down, looking at us.

"Wow this is awkward." I muttered, pulling a pillow in front of me.

My mother laughed and began going into a whirlwind of words that a barely caught half of.

As she finished something I assumed was a summary of what had happened since I was gone, I sat there blinking.

"Well gee... that... that's an eye opener." I said blankly.

She giggled (giggled!) and sat back seeming content, resting her hands on her knee.

"And what about you sweetheart. You never said why you just showed up."

I shrugged. "Matt called me up and invited me down to see my niece. I figured it was about time I visited. And with a kid of my own on the way I couldn't really say no."

My dad, now seeming to find a gap between my mom's ramblings, finally said something.

"It's wonderful to see you again sweetheart." My dad murmured.

The warmth from his few words made the mouthful my mother had filled the air with shrink into almost nothing.

Smiling, I got up off the couch and walked over to the chair he was sitting in.

In one of those awkward moment hugs, I leaned forward and did just that.

"I missed you daddy."

He grinned and patted my back. "I missed you too."

If my mother had been glowing before, she was a beam of sunlight now as I sat down.

Will intertwined his fingers with mine, something I was sure everyone in the room noticed.

"Lilly honey, do you and William here have any plans for where you're staying?"

That feeling you got when you've forgotten something like your homework hit me like a lemon wrapped around a gold brick.

"Uh no..."

Mom's grin widened.

"That's perfect, you and William can stay here in you're old room!" She exclaimed.

My dad obviously wasn't fond of the idea, and honestly neither was I, though we both had different reasons.

In my defense I was already pregnant; there weren't many other shenanigans I could get into, especially with Will.

My dad still wasn't giving up just yet.

"Sweetheart are you sure that's a good idea? I don't feel too good about-"

My mom cut my dad off, waving her hand like what he was saying was the silliest thing.

"Oh please, they're getting married and having a baby, you're going to have to accept it eventually."

Will and I exchanged glances at the word 'marriage' and my mom's absurd assumption.

I was about to correct her when my conscience as well as her stopped me.

"And how long are you staying?" My mom had to ask, interrupting everything.

I turned to Will who replied. "I'm still on tour, and I've got two days off till the next show. But the show is here actually so I've got a three to four day window before I'm back on a tour bus."

My mom turned to me. "And you? I don't suppose your boss is letting you run around the country for as long as you like."

I rolled my eyes like I had done so many times when I was younger.

"I'm working on an article, and I should probably fly back around the same time as Will."

My mom sighed and my dad nodded, sending us off to bed, though not without another hug.

I won't lie, I quickly dragged Will to my room that was somewhat cut off from the other bedrooms just to put as much space as I could between my parents.

Shutting the door behind me I realized it was just me and him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay well I think this chapter sucks so I'm gonna post after it to make up for it.
I think after the next one someone might try to hack my computer to get the part after it.
But yeah it's been a long night... and thanks again Liz for the journal comment.
I'm listening to The Hoosiers right now cause of my other Liz and they're REALLY good.
Go out and watch their Cop and Robbers video, they sound like a mix of Queen and The Beatles.