Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Six Seb

Chapter Six
Seb
P.O.V. Brian

Krissi and I drove about five miles out of town before we found one of the underground camps. It looked like a group of supernatural people and humans who had been freed from the spell huddling together to do whatever it took to pull through and survive the forces that were hunting them. When we arrived at the camp people kept their distance from us.

“I guess everyone knows Violet is out to get me”.
Krissi said as she sat down next to me that night at the campfire. Everyone else had gone to bed. Krissi leaning back on her hands watching the campfire crackling.
“Why do you think she’s after you? I mean it’s obvious she knows something about you that you don’t”.

Krissi shook her head lightly.
“I couldn’t tell you, my father was an angel so we never met. Mom didn’t want the responsibility of raising me so we don’t talk. Her family hates me by the way”.
I looked at her.
“Maybe you should look into this, find out what is going on and why Violet is out to kill you”.
“Sounds like a quest of self-discovery”.
Someone said from behind us. Krissi jumped to her feet at the sight of the stranger.

“Seb?”
I stood turning towards him. He looked like some punk kid with a sugar skull painted on his face he hugged Krissi looking at me over her shoulder smirking as he did.
“Who’s the human?”
I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Who’s the street punk?”
I retorted. Krissi laughed.
“This is Brian, Brian this is Seb, he was part of my clan. He’s on the theatrical side of things”.

Seb smirked at her.
“Oh come on Krissi, there’s nothing wrong with being theatrical. It gives people what they are looking for. A back story. A show. Fireworks”.
He grinned looking at me. I had spent enough time in the C.I.A to know a suspicious character when I saw one. There was definitely something wrong with this kid. But I couldn’t put my finger on it. He draped his arm around Krissi’s shoulders.
“Alora and Lyger are going to be thrilled I found you”.
Seb said with a smile. Krissi shook her head lightly.
“You can’t tell them. Seb, I sort of broke the code”.
Seb threw his head back laughing loud.
“No fucking way! You? Miss By the book?”
I crossed my arms looking at Krissi who blushed modestly as she shook her head.
“Don’t start on me Seb, I had to do it. Brian’s life was at stake”.
Seb smirked looking at me.
“Well, we can’t have one random human dying can we?”

I narrowed my eyes at him slightly. If I had to guess he’d let humans die before, he’d probably even killed some.
“Well, sounds like you’re going on a quest, mind if I tag along?”
I opened my mouth to say something but Krissi beat me too it.
“Of course not”.
She smiled at him truing back to me.
“You don’t mind right Brian? Seb is a friend and he could be useful”.
Seb grinned that unnerving grin of his. This kid had issues, I could feel it in the pit of my stomach. Making a mental note to keep close watch on him and make sure Krissi was never alone with him I nodded.
“Sure, it’s your quest”.

She smiled at me.
“Thanks Brian, it will feel good having someone else with us”.
I watched as Seb led Krissi away from me his arm resting against her back, he looked back over his shoulder grinning at me. I narrowed my eyes slightly. It seemed like I had my work cut out for me if I had to protect her from this street punk.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3