Status: Updates every other Wednesday :) (On short Hiatus!)

Change Your Ticket

008

“Parker you have to get up,” Josylne persisted, shaking me to wake up. I groaned rolling over to find Josylne standing over me. “The boys are going to be here soon.” 

I was so content in my bed that I completely forgot that Coach had wrangled the boys and I into helping him coach a Saturday practice. All I really wanted to was be home but that wasn’t going to happen. Reluctantly I got out of bed, trudging to the bathroom to get myself ready. When I finally descended the stairs I was met with the faces of the boys in my living room. 

“Good morning princess,” Jayden joked. 

“Why couldn’t we have all met at the stadium?” I groaned, still a bit exhausted. 

“‘Cause we’re bonding!” Josylne said. 

The seven of us piled into Aaron’s van, stopping briefly to get breakfast before arriving at the field. The car ride over reminded me of the countless bus trips we had taken to away games, only this was better. While we all joked around on the ride over I studied Josylne. Unlike last night she looked relaxed, happy as ever. I could tell how much she missed us all. Max had the same expression on his face too. 

Coach was already on the field when we got there. He briefly told each of us what he wanted us to do as the team trickled into the stadium. Most of them looked exhausted, clearly from partying last night after homecoming. I found myself sympathizing with them, remembering how much I hated Saturday practices. 

I spent most of the day with Asher since he was the new quarterback. Lucky for me Asher and I already knew each other since he was Jason’s brother. Josylne spent most of the practice with Aaron, which didn’t bother me too much. Not all of us were that lucky though. Jayden was struggling to help Chase complete passes. From the looks of it the boy really was as stubborn as everyone said he was.

Coach called for a much needed break an hour into practice. Everyone collapsed onto the field but soon migrated to their proper group of friends. Never had I seen a team so divided before, especially this team. The boys and I found ourselves on the forty yard line, Max and Josylne sat with us.

“Damn that Chase kid is a piece of work,” Jayden complained.

“I know.”

“What’s his deal? If he hates the team so much why doesn’t he quit?” Jared asked.

Jared wasn’t trying to start a fight, he was just generally curious. When Chase walked up to us I could see Josylne’s face freeze. This wasn’t going to end well. Chase managed to find his way to the center of the circle we had absentmindedly created. He stood over us, a scowl etched onto his face.

“What do you want?” Max questioned.

“I just find it amusing that you guys have nothing better to do than make comments about me.”

“Maybe you’d complete passes if you had a better attitude,” I said.

“I don’t think I’ll be taking advice from a second string alternate. Looks like your high school days were your glory days.”

Without thinking I jumped to my feet. Chase may have looked tough but his confidence faltered as I had a good five inches on him. I tried not to let my anger our with violence but something told me this kid needed to be punched. Josylne wasn’t fast enough to stop me. By the time she jumped up, Chase was already on the ground.

“You better take a good look at this field ‘cause you’re not going to see it anymore.”

“Oh fuck off.”

* * *


When we got home later that afternoon the living room had been transformed. Four mattresses lied in place of the couch, the coffee table was lost under the miscellaneous snacks and pizza boxes. A stack of movies sat in the corner waiting to be watched.

“Since we missed our annual campout this year, I figured we’d have it now,” Miranda said.

The four of us found our respective beds and began pigging out. Jayden and I let the girls pick the movie this year, which we soon regretted. Half an hour into The Fault in Our Stars and Miranda was already crying. She had abounded her mattress in exchange for Jayden’s. When the movie ended Miranda had cried herself dry. Fearing we were going to make fun of her she excused herself to the bathroom, Jayden followed shortly after.

“You okay?” I asked.

“Can you believe how different this year is from last?”

I didn’t need any clarification, I knew exactly what Josylne was talking about. Last year the two of us spent the whole night bickering. That night was when I got the brilliant idea to call truce with her. It was the first time she slept in my arms too.

“Thank you thunderstorms,” I teased, which earned a slap from Josylne.

It wasn’t long before Josylne ended up on my bed. When Miranda and Jayden returned we put on another movie. Truthfully, I wasn’t paying much attention to it. I was too focused on how perfectly Josylne fit with me. How her body folded into mine as if we were meant to be. Josylne and I had shared the bed many times but it never grew old. I loved the way her head fit under my head, her hair sprawled out around her, tickling my chess every time she moves. I didn’t mind when my arm went numb from holding her waist, pulling her closer to me.

“You know how much I love you?” I whispered, trying not to wake Miranda and Jayden who had fallen asleep.

“Enough to fly all the way home risking your football career,” she commented. She stirred under me, turning so she could see my face. A wave of anxiety rushed over my as I looked at her stern face. “As much as I loved seeing you, you can’t ditch school to fly out here.”

“How many times do I have to tell you, you’re worth more to me than school and football,” I sighed.

Josylne opened her mouth to speak but I cut her off, my lips crashing against hers. My intentions were only to stop her from interjecting but as our lips moved in unison things escalated. Suddenly Josylne and I were in a heated make out session while our siblings slept beside us.

“Get a room.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter really sucks. I wouldn't be posting it if I didn't owe you guys a chapter. I am so sorry this wasn't out on Wednesday and I am so sorry its so horrible and boring. I got really busy with school stuff this week and was having difficulties with a writing project that has seemed to put me in a rut with all my writing. For now this chapter will stand, but I might take it down and rewrite it next week, I'm not sure yet. Sorry lovelies.