What have I done wrong? (A Jake Bugg Fan Fiction)

The first lesson

Ashley sat down to my bed and I unpacked the guitar from my case. Then I sat down right next to her and I tried to show her how she should hold the guitar properly. Then I placed my fingers on the strings and played the easiest chord. She watched me carefully, so I smiled and asked:

,,Do you dare to repeat it after me?"

,,Well.. yes!" She answered yeomanly taking the guitar from me. Then she went across the strings and she really didn´t know how to play it. I didn´t wonder because I knew she was just a beginner but I hoped she can play this chord at least. I think we should really start from the very beginning.

,,Oh, Ashley? Put your fingers like this and try to feel it! Only mild move.... " I said and put her fingers on the guitar in the right way. After few minutes later, it was already good, so I was about to try something more difficult. To my surprise, Ashley suddenly refused more practising.

,,Oh, I think it´s much for today..."

,,Are you giving it up already?"

,,No, I just... I want to practise step by step, you know... slowly but surely.." Ashley smiled and I just accepted her wish.

,,Oh okay... maybe you´re right... so... " I agreed but I didn´t know what to tell her more...

*Ashley´s POV*

Oh, Jake tried to teach me something more but I just refused his offer. I liked how he had taught me but this way, I wouldn´t know him more...

It seems he had no words to say, so I think I should to find out what was wrong with him this morning. Maybe he just didn´t sleep well and .... why do I actually care?? We didn´t argue or anything... but he faced little bit strage in the morning... I just can´t define what kind of feeling he felt..

,,Oh.. how are you by the way?" I asked random question, just not to look suspiciously.

,,Fine and what about you? You looked happy this morning... " Jake answered smiling at me. He faced fine.... maybe it all just seemed to me....

,,Oh yes. I was.... My brother finally came home. We didn´t see each other quite long. He´s a musician just like you, you know? He just doesn´t play the guitar...."

,,Really?? And what does he play? Or is he a singer?" Jake asked me delighted. It really caught his attention, I guess.

,,He plays the drums...." I responded calmly.

*Jake´s POV*

So that unknown guy was her brother. Oh, thanks god! Wait! Why do I actually care? ... but for some reason, I felt very happy... delighted....

,,Drmus? So he has a band, I guess..." I added.

,,Yes.. actually no... I think he came home because his band broke up, but I am not sure. He keeps it in a secret. But you should know him.... I think you both would be very good friends.." Ashley announced and then she giggled.

,,Oh okay... maybe sometime... "

,,Alright. And what are we gonna do now? Don´t you wanna go out and play?"

,,Play? How?" I asked misunderstood.

,,You know.. with snow.... "

,,Aren´t we too old for playing with snow?"

,,Oh Jake, come on! It´ll be fun. You should never let die that little child inside of you... you know?" Ashley told me and her smile became brighter. She persuaded me in the end... I had no other plans to do, so why not?