Stalked

Chapter 23

Alexa takes amy to her bedroom to show her the medals she has won. As amy follows her, she gasps at the sight of her room.

"Wow!" Amy mutters as she looks over at the cabinet full of shiny medals.

"Yeah. My mom likes me competing. A lot." Alexa admits as she stands beside, looking at her achievements.

"So how are you french?" Alexa asks in a child like voice.

"Well I was born in France. My dad worked between France and New York. We traveled back and forth, quite a lot."

"Wouldn't you rather live in France? It must be so exotic."

"Exotic?" Amy asks as she laughs under her breath. "No huni, it's not exotic. It's just like any other place. It rains there too.."

"How do you know my brother? Are you his girlfriend? Cause he said friend. I don't believe him." Alexa folds her arms across her chest as she quizzes amy.

"You're very observant, Alexa." Amy notices. Waiting for Amy to tell her the truth, Amy sighs. Not believing shes having to explain herself to sixteen year old, she sits on her bed.

"He's helping me out. That's all. I'm not his girlfriend. Ok?" Amy says, pointing.

"Hm. Fine." Alexa gives up. Someone knocks on the bedroom door And theo walks in.

"What're you two up to?" He asks as he also eyes the shiny medals.

"Just talking.." Alexa says.

"Mom wants you." Theo tells Alexa. Sighing, Alexa stands and leaves the room.

Amy watches as theo focuses on the medals.

"Very busy life she leads." Amy says as she glances round the room.

"Yeah. I guess. I was the same. Mom had me going to every class there was."

"Where are your medals?" Amy asks.

"Probably in the attic or the basement." He answers. Hearing his phone ringing, he answers it.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Theo its Paul. Do you have Amy with you?"

"Yeah she's here with me.. Why?" He asks as he shrugs his shoulders, Amy watching him.

"We've picked up a guy hanging around her house. Better bring her in."

"We'll be right there."

"We gotta go." Theo puts his phone in his pocket.

"What's going on?" Amy asks, rushing behind theo.

"Some guy was caught at your house. That's all I know."

As they reach the livingroom they pick up their coats.

"Alexa we need to leave. We'll see you tomorrow!" Theo kisses her cheek.

"Bye!" Amy quickly shouts as she rushes out the door to the car.

Amy can't help but feel a sinking feeling. What if it's all over? What if she has to leave the apartment and live on her own again? She shrugs off the feeling. She can't stay with theo forever. When they arrive theo is walking so fast that Amy can't keep up. As she practically jogs beside him she quickly glances at his face. He had his work face on, she thinks.

In the elevator, theo watches as Amy fidgets. She does this when she nervous, he thinks.

"You ok?" He asks.

"Mmhmm." She mumbles.

The elevator doors open. Amy follows as they enter a room.

"What's going on?" Theo asks as Andrews stands with a file. Amy notices a large window looking into a dark green room with a table and chair.

"We're just about to question him."

Suddenly the door opens in the dark green room and a man is led in by guards. He sits at the table, wearing a black hoodie.

"Max?" Amy whispers.

"That's max? Your ex?" Theo asks. "I searched through his file, I didn't find anything suspicious.." Theo says, feeling annoyed with himself.

"You missed something." Paul says, hiding his smirk. "His ex girlfriend had to have a restraining order against him."

"What?" Theo asks, grabbing the file from Andrews. Amy watches as Theo searches the file. He looks angry, she thinks.

"Come on. We have to question him. I suggest you get your badge." Andrews commands him.

Turning, Amy can see the look on Theo's face. She follows as theo heads for the office.

"Are you ok?" She asks concerned. He opens his drawer and pulls out a spare badge.

"I should have seen that.. How did I miss it?" He asks furiously.

"It happens.." Amy says, trying to make him feel better.

"I can't afford to miss things like that in this job. I'm such an idiot!" He curses, ignoring amy as he leads her back to the room.

"You can listen from the room." He points to the room they were just in. Doing as he says, Amy stands at the window, watching max. She watches as theo and Andrews enter the room, introducing themselves to Max.

"So, Max." Theo starts. "Care to explain why you were at Amy Williams house?" He asks, crossing his hands together.

"I didn't know it was her house. I was waiting for a friend." He lies.

"Max.. Don't lie. Don't make it worse for yourself. We know that you and Amy were in a relationship together, around three or four months ago. So I'll ask again. Why were you there?" Theo asks again.

Max hesitates.

"I just wanted to see her, that's all."

"Just how often do you want to see her, max?" Andrews asks.

Max looks down at his sweaty hands and shrugs.

"How many times have you been back at that house?" Theo asks, leaning forward.

"A few." Max whispers.

"Have you ever broken in?" Andrews asks max.

"I think I would like my lawyer now." Max says worryingly.

"You'll get your lawyer. He's on his way. Just answer the question." Andrews pushes.

"Only one time. I only stole a picture and.." He stops.

Theo glares at him.

"You stole the picture and her underwear." Theo says. He remembers Amy telling him her picture was missing and some of her underwear.

Max looks up, shocked that Theo knows.

"That was you, wasn't it?" He asks.

Max nods, ashamed. Unsure if max is capable of attacking amy, he and Andrews leaves the room to talk.

"What do you think?" Andrews asks.

"I don't think it's him. Do you?" Theo asks.

"Could be. We should search his house."

"Yeah." Theo agrees. "Do you think he knows who it is? If he has been watching amy, then surely he would have seen the attacker at one point?" Andrews asks.

"Once we know he's innocent, we'll find that out." He tells Andrews.

Theo goes to the room where amy is waiting. As he goes in he sees her staring aimlessly into the window at max.

"We're going to go to Max's house. Check for clues. You should head home. I'll get the driver." Amy nods, without saying a word.

After sending Amy home theo, Andrews and the team drive to Max's house.

Once in, they check everywhere for evidence.

"I don't see any roses.. Can't find a receipt." Andrews says as he opens a drawer. "Hmm.. Well at least we found the underwear!" Andrews jokes, holding up a pair of pink lacy panties. "Sexy." Andrews smirks. Theo grabs them from him, and places them back in the drawer.

"This isn't the time or place, Andrews!" Theo snaps. Ignoring him, Andrews continues to search.