Night Changes

Two

Sidney’s POV- Summer 2014
Matt looked at me as he sat on my bed as I packed. I was going to miss sunny LA.

“So, you’re not going to tell her who you are?”

I looked at him and sighed.

“Its better this way, she has no clue who I am and I like it” I told him.

“Don’t you want more with her though? She’s a real smart and beautiful girl”

I looked at him and sighed. I shook my head and folded my shirt.

“I do, I really do but she’s not going to pack everything and move to Pittsburgh for me” I said looking at him.

He looked at me.

“Maybe she might”

“We haven’t defined what we are so you know at the end of the week I’m just going to say we should stay friends. I’ll give her my actual phone number, and I’ll continue my life” I said.

He shook his head.

“Come on Sid, what if she finds out who you really are?”

“Then she will, I’m sure she won’t be that mad” I said looking down at my phone.

“Dude, you changed for her. Just ask her out and if things you know last then she may actually be Mrs. Crosby in a couple of years”

I looked at him and shook my head.

“I don’t want to drag her into my life. It was nice while it lasted” I said.

The doorbell rung and Matt looked at me.

“That’s her”

He got up and left the room. I heard the front door open followed by a “Hey!” come from Joanna. Light footsteps were heard and I looked down at my phone. Beau was asking if I wanted to go to dinner with him and his girlfriend, Aria. I declined and told him I had to pack. Aria then texted me that as soon as I arrived in Pittsburgh I would be going to her apartment for dinner or brunch or whatever mealtime it was. I agreed because she was a stubborn girl and would probably use something like a guilt act to get me to do something for her. I put my phone away and made my way to the living room where I saw Matt and Joanna looking at a tray. He looked up and smiled.

“Look Sid, she brought us food”

She gave me a smile and I made my way over. She gave me a side hug and looked at Matt.

“You guys hardly have food in the fridge besides protein shakes and some veggies. A teenager Nathan’s age needs actual food”

“What do I need?”

She looked up and smiled at him.

“Real food”

He laughed and walked over.

“It smells great, did you make it?”

She nodded.

“Yea, sorry if the sauce is a little spicy. That’s my bad but other then that it has chicken, spinach, cheese, and onion”

Nate nodded and reached for a plate.

“Let’s see if it tastes as good as it smells”

She smiled and he took a bite of it. He closed his eyes and nodded.

“This is delicious”

She thanked him and looked at me.

“Can we talk?”

I nodded at her and looked at Matt who gave me a nod and a smile. I followed her to my bedroom and she turned to me.

“So what are we?”

I looked at her; I was expecting this from her.

“I mean, we’ve been sleeping with each other but I don’t call you my boyfriend. It may seem childish but”

I nodded.

“I get you, how about we begin this again as friends” I told her.

She looked at me and nodded.

“Ok, if that’s what you want”

I smiled, she understood.

“So friend, you said you were going to give me your actual phone number”

I nodded and she handed me her phone. I tapped in my phone number on her iPhone and she smiled when I handed it back to her.

“I just came to drop the food, I actually have dinner with my friend”

I nodded at her and thanked her.

“I’ll walk you to your car” I told her.

She shook her head.

“Nonsense, you stay and eat. It’s going to get cold and I parked right out front so don’t you worry”

I nodded at her and she laughed.

“Now give me a hug, I’m going to miss you”

I hugged her and she leaned on my shoulder.

“Have a safe flight”

I nodded and pulled away to look at her. I was able to read Aria, but I couldn’t read Joanna. She gave my bicep a squeeze as she stepped back.

“I will, I’ll text you” I told her.

She laughed and nodded.

“Definitely, but Sidney do yourself a favor and get a better phone. What kind of businessman has a flip phone? Get a blackberry or iPhone”

I nodded and smiled.

“I will” I told her.

I pecked her lips and she looked at me a little surprised.

“Sorry” I told her.

“It’s fine, well I have to get going”

I nodded and I followed her out of the room. She walked over to Matt who pulled her into a hug.

“If you need a good rec give me a call”

He smiled at her and looked at me. He shook his head at me slowly and Nate was glaring at me.

“And Nathan have fun at school. They’re the best years of your life because you’re in the in between”

He laughed and nodded.

“I’ll try”

He got up and hugged her.

“When I happen to be in LA I’ll give you a call”

“For sure”

I led her to the door and as soon as she left Nathan threw his shoe at me.

“What the fuck man!”

I ignored him and made my way over to the table as he went to get his shoe.

“Dude why didn’t you tell her!”

I looked at him.

“I suggested we stay as friends and she agreed” I told them.

Their jaws dropped and Matt smacked my hand as I reached for some food.

“No! No food for you for being an idiot”

Nathan nodded agreeing and I looked at them.

“Guys, she thinks I’m a business man” I said.

“Why didn’t you correct her? The only reason I didn’t tell her I play hockey for a living was because of you!”

I ignored them and got some food.

“Whatever, it’s too late. She didn’t seem phased by any of it” I told them.

“That’s cause she’s a girl! A smart one as well! Dude she was the whole package!”

I ignored them and continued eating. We were meant to be friends, maybe have some sex here and there but nothing more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've got class till 5 tomorrow. Yay -_- Peace out guys and tell me what you think!