Night Changes

Twenty One

Joanna’s POV- Late September 2014
My eyes opened and I tried to adjust to the light that was hitting me right in the face. Damn you little crack that was left opened last night. I felt pressure on half of my body and I turned a little to feel something press up against my cheek. I then remembered Sidney had spent the night and that his cold nose was pressed against my cheek because we had fallen asleep cuddling. He was using my arm as a pillow and by the way it was positioned it was certain that I fell asleep playing his hair.

I looked at the ceiling as I heard his deep breathing against my cheek and ear. I had given him a sleeping pill last night because he was exhausted but his mind was not. I suffered of insomnia occasionally so my doctor has prescribed me some. I didn’t want to give him one but he looked downright exhausted that I couldn’t say no. He had a long week, his grandma passing away being something that obviously hurt him a lot. I didn’t have any living grandparents anymore, my paternal grandma being the last to pass away when I was 15. I never met my maternal grandparents because they passed away before I was born. My paternal grandpa had passed away when I was two years old. I was never close with my grandma like Sidney said he was, so I get why it really hurt him.

The day his grandma passed away he called me on his way to the airport telling me we had to postpone our date. I told him I was fine with it and to be with his family. I also asked him to keep me updated and he did. He was with his family for a couple of days and mourned the death of her. He had then texted me asking me if I could pick him up from the airport. I agreed and he said there would be a date night as soon as he got back. I also agreed to stay the night because he asked me to. How could I say no to his voice that asked so nicely.

When I picked him up he was quiet and just still. He looked exhausted when I spotted him making his way over. We had hugged and he kissed me in front of a lot of people who failed to recognize who he was. We then made our way over to my car with his suitcase. He had put his suitcase in the boot of my car and then turned to me. He had hugged me for a bit and thanked me for being there for him. I drove to his house and while he showered I set up his bed. When he got out of the shower we just cuddled and talked. He told me how it hurt that his grandma had passed but he was 27 and he should get used to it. I just nodded, he was barely experiencing losses at this age. I had been experiencing loss since I was five years old. I understood though, no matter how easy it is to understand that you will never see this person again it’s hard to understand how normal it is. I just held his hand and after a bit he asked me if I had sleeping pills. I had some in my duffle bag so I handed him one.

He had taken the pill and I let him pull me closer to him. I let him fall asleep and when I was certain he was asleep I myself went to sleep. Now I could feel his light breathing against my neck since I think my movement had caused his head to fall a little. I turned my face and took a deep breath taking in his scent. He did have a distinct smell and no it wasn’t a gross smell. He had this musky smell and I absolutely loved it. I was obsessed.

His hand was lightly holding my right hand as he slept making me smile because that meant we didn’t move at all in our sleep. I slowly let go of his hand and his hand limply stayed on my stomach. His hand was huge and so well kept. I admit his hand was calloused and rough but he was so gentle with it as well that it kind of contradicted him.

I moved my arm under his head making him open his eyes a little. He mumbled something and I took the time to move my arm under him and replace it with a pillow. He took the time however to lift his leg up to my waist and fall back asleep. I turned on my side and unlocked my phone. I replied to the text from my boss and my dad.

I didn’t work tomorrow so I didn’t have a problem with being around Sidney. I did however need to work on some sketches but I had a few days till the deadline. I glanced up at the time and saw it was still pretty early 9:30 to be exact. I moved back a little and took a look at Sidney’s face. He looked relaxed, then again I did give him one of his sleeping pills. He should be asleep for another hour or so.

I carefully made my way out of his grip and gently tucked him in. I made my way out of his room and looked around. I let out a deep breath and leaned back on the wall. His parents really wanted to meet me, meaning he talked about me to them.

I made my way to his kitchen and my phone began ringing.

“Hello” I said.

“Hey girl!”

I smiled when I recognized that Aussie accent. I looked around before grinning.

“Hey whore” I replied.

She squeaked and I smiled as I sat on a chair.

“How have you been?”

“I’ve been good, work takes most of my time” I told her.

“I bet, how’s my hot engineer best friend?”

“She is really tired” I admitted.

“Taking your vitamins?”

“Yes, I got them 3 days ago. Thanks by the way” I told her.

She was in Pharmacy school so she would get me the medicine and vitamins I need because she understood that.

“You should gain some weight with that”

“Thanks I need it” I told her.

“I know! I was seeing that picture you posted the other day your insta and those dresses did not fit you”

“I know, that is horrible isn’t it. They didn’t fit me at all and now they fit me” I said sighing and shaking my head.

She hummed and laughed.

“Why didn’t you tell me that everything was settled already?”

She was talking about my brother’s best friend Christian.

“Yes, the got it settled a few days ago. Sorry I’ve been busy” I told her.

“I’ll let it slide”

I hummed and stood up. I began making myself some coffee and she spoke up.

“So…let me tell you about my day”

I gasped lightly. She had a guy at the apartment.

“You whore tell me” I said.

“Remember Matty?”

I nodded slowly and laughed.

“Yea I do” I said laughing.

“How could I forget, you slept with his brother”

“We don’t talk about that” I said making her laugh.

I ended up losing my virginity when I was 19 to Jared, his twin. I lost it in the back of a car…very romantic especially when we were both drunk as fuck.

”Well…we went out last night”

“He’s living in SF?” I asked.

“He’s from here Jo”

I shrugged.

“I wouldn’t know, I didn’t go to school with them” I said making her laugh.

They played Volleyball at her University when she was an undergrad.

“Well Jared is in Vancouver, felt you should know. He’s in Law school”

“Fancy” I said.

“Yup, so…he’s asleep in my room”

“How good is he?” I asked her.

“Jo, I’ve never had an orgasm like that in my life!”

I laughed and shook my head. Gen would say that.

“God, he is like the perfect man. It’s a shame he’s going back”

“Where?” I asked.

“Overseas, he works in Spain”

“Wow” I said.

“Yup, god he was hot then. He looks sculpted now”

I snorted and covered my mouth.

“So attractive”

I rolled my eyes.

“Yea yea” I said making her laugh.

I grabbed my coffee and made my way to the living room. I opened up a folder and let out a deep breath.

“Continue” I told her as I grabbed a pencil and began sketching.

She told me how he had taken her out last night and how they ended up at her place.

“I still need a roommate”

I smiled a little.

“You’ve had time to look for one” I told her.

“I guess you’re not coming back then?”

I laughed.

“No, I’m kinda locked in” I said looking around and smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will be out of my place until about 6pm which is great because i really need some girl time. The Kings won last night and the game before Toffoli had a hattie. I love him so much and I'm still so pissed that my brother almost met him. Anyways it is too early to be up on a sunday (I'm a firm believer the day starts at 11).

Bye! Tell me what you guys think!