Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Halos and Battle Scars

Chapter Two Out of this world

Chapter Two
Out of this world
~Kellan~

It had been such a busy week with meetings and giving the blessings of the new moon. I thought my head was going to explode. Thankful for this break I had been given even if it was a spare period at school. I didn’t often get them. But I was so far ahead in my divination class, the other students needed to catch up to where I was. My professor Lady Night, who was my favorite teacher told me I could take some time to myself. So I headed out to the school stables. I had riding class during the day as my P.E. class. But the stables were open at all hours and I wanted more than anything to see my horse which I had named Unicorn. She was white with a Maine so beautiful that it shimmered in the moons light.

“You’re so lucky Kellan”.
Lucy said as she and Amaya walked across the grounds with me. Amaya was the monarch of the dark blood line. Dark bloods are Fairies, Vampires, Demons, and Bane. She was a Fairy and a powerful one at that. She was the strongest of her kind just like Lucy and I were. Because we were the monarchs we were out casts. From the minute we started school the other kids turned their noses up at us because they were jealous that we would be ruling things one day and that none of them not even if they rallied together and combined their powers would ever be as strong as the three of us were. So we stuck together and have been that way ever since.

“Well if you didn’t slack off during Angel studies you could go riding with us”.
Amaya smirked nudging Lucy who growled pouting now. I smiled at Amaya.
“Are you and Midnight joining me?”
Amaya nodded.
“Yeah, Fairy studies is all caught up so I have a free period today too”

Lucy groaned.
“Why do I have to go back while you two get to go riding? Angelica will need some exorcise too!”
We stopped in front of the stable doors. I hugged Lucy tightly.
“We’ll go riding together this weekend if you want, the three of us can head up to the bluffs and have a picnic”.
Lucy blushed looking away from me.
“Actually I can’t, this weekend is the anniversary of the first time Aiden and I held hands. We’re going to the movies”.

Amaya rolled her eyes and shot me a look that I knew was accompanied by a snarky remark she was keeping to herself. Lucy hugged us both before reluctantly heading back to the school.
“If I started wanting to celebrate every little milestone Ethan and I came to during our time together. He would so break up with me. I don’t how Aiden does it”.
I smiled at her as I got Unicorn ready to ride.
“Aiden loves her Amaya, I really don’t think he minds or he’d change her if he could”.

Amaya smiled to herself looking back at me.
“Your right, they are obviously very serious about each other”.
Amaya climbed up onto Midnight looking back at me.
“So are we taking the wooded path or going off the grounds”?
I climbed up onto Unicorn and smiled at her.
“We could take the path that goes off the grounds, but we’ve only got a half hour before self-defense starts and we have to be there”.

Amaya rolled her eyes at the reminder and we started out of the stables, galloping across the grounds the wind rushing through my hair as I laughed holding on tight to Unicorn who was loving the exercise. It didn’t take Amaya long to catch up to us with Midnight. Amaya often joked that we were going to be horse in-laws because Midnight had a thing for Unicorn.

We reached the edge of the wooded path and both horses were content to keep going. I pet the side of Unicorn’s face and smiled at her.
“Come on girl. I promise you, I’ll come back this weekend and we’ll go on a nice long ride”.
She made her happy horse sound which let me know she was agreeing to this. Amaya looked over at me and smiled.

“Sounds like she’s looking forward to it”.
I laughed turning Unicorn to face the school grounds which at this point was nothing but dots of flickering distant light. That was when it happened. A scream of pain so horrifying and so terrible that it shot through me like I was the one in pain broke the silence. Amaya and I whirled our horses around without hesitation we took off towards the screaming.

Unicorn galloped hard breathing hard through her nose as she did. Midnight keeping pace with us while Amaya and I hunched forwards holding the rains of our horses for dear life. The pain pulsed through my chest but I couldn’t stop. I needed to find the person in danger. Rounding a sharp corner Amaya and I saw the horrific scene. A man stood holding out his arms and drawing a rippling silver energy from a girl no older than 14 and she was a witch. I jumped down off of Unicorn despite her loud horse sounding protests. Running at the man I threw himself on top of him breaking his hold on the girl. She hit the ground hard laying in a heap her eyes were blank white as of the very soul had been drawn out from her body.

“No”.
I cried looking to the guy I had pinned down.
“What did you do to her?”
I roared feeling my magic boiling inside me. But before I could act the man took a rock and hit me upside the head with it drawing blood. I fell off of him holding the side of my head wet hot blood coding my fingers.
“Get away from her!”
Amaya roared throwing out her hands sending one of her more powerful energy based attacks at him. But the man blocked the attack sending it back at Amaya knocking her off her feet. Amaya hit the ground hard and remained unmoving.

“Amaya!”
I cried. The man smirked licking his lips as he approached me.
“I’ve already had a full meal, but your soul is so powerful, so tempting. I can’t say no”.
He raised his hands ready to draw the very soul out of me when a blast of destructive energy flew at him with such power that it reduced the man to nothing but ashes. I gaped at the now empty space where the man had been. My eyes darted from the space to fix on him as he stepped into the light of the moon. He had an appearance that was beyond Greek god good looking. He was otherworldly in his amazing good looks. And I felt in that brief moment our eyes locked that I had seen him before. My vision began to blur and I got light headed before blacking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3