Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Halos and Battle Scars

Chapter Three War

Chapter Three
War
~Damian~

I walked towards her as she blacked out, scooping her into my arms I held her close to me breathing her in. I had waited so long for this moment. Now our souls sang in harmony with one another. An angelic chiming that sounded like wind chimes triggering a memory of an old farm house and singing wind chimes. A hot summer day sitting on a porch with her as a child and I was a child too. The rare memory shattered as someone spoke from behind me.

“Get up slowly and step away from my friend”.
I looked back over my shoulder at the purple haired girl who stood there. She was tattooed as well. Standing with her in my arms I turned towards the girl.
“I can’t do that. She needs me now more than ever”.

I walked towards the white horse that I knew was hers and draped her over its back. The horse nuzzled me for a moment before I turned back to the dead body of the 14 year old girl. It truly was dead. There was no soul nothing of life left within it. And it was done without any form of physical force. It was all spiritual force. Her blank white eyes let me know that she was indeed without a soul now. I picked her up over my shoulder and turned to the purple haired girl who gaped at me.

“Please, lead the way”.
I said in a flat tone taking the reins of the white horse and leading it after her as she rode her black horse in front of me. As we returned to the school grounds I saw a mob of people coming towards us. The purple haired girl jumped off her horse and ran towards a blond girl that hugged her tight tears in her eyes. A teacher came towards me taking the horses back to the stables once I was holding my souls singer in my arms. Another teacher came towards me looking down at me.

“She was hit in the head”.
I explained. The girl nodded to me.
“Madam Rosa”.
She called over her shoulder to a woman dressed like a world war II nurse came towards us she began barking orders to the medical staff and she was taken from my arms. My instinct was to follow but the teacher who approached me took my arm.

“Wait, we need to know what’s going on. What’s happening”.
I looked at her. My only responsibility was to my soul singer. But I knew by the look in that woman’s eyes that she was desperate for information. I followed her inside as she walked beside two very tall men. One of them had dark hair and the other had light. We entered what I could only assume was the headmasters office. The light haired man sat behind the desk letting me know he was in charge. While the dark haired man stood nearby with the woman.

“What happened out there?”
The headmaster asked looking concerned more than angry.
“War is coming, the souls of this world are in grave danger. I am to protect my soul’s singer and aid her in her destiny to stop the immortal soul feeders”.
The men looked at me not knowing what I was talking about but the woman knew, she knew I was telling the truth. She stepped forwards.
“He’s come a long way to be with her”.

The woman began, the dark haired man looked scared as he took her in his arms supporting her now as the woman’s eyes began to glow.
“He tells the truth, he was chosen for her long ago. Powerful forces, impossible forces have tried to separate them. But it couldn’t be done. He must protect her, Kellan is our salvation. Kellan is the only one with the power to kill an immortal”.
The headmaster stood as the woman looked pale and faint. She held to the man that was supporting her now. Looking at me with a stunned expression but she didn’t speak a word. She showed no signs of telling anyone what she had just witnessed in her mind’s eye. She straightened up looking between the two men.
“He should be taken to the infirmary. Kellan needs him even if she doesn’t know it yet”.

The Headmaster rose to his feet.
“Valentine, take Lady Night to her office to rest. I will escort this young man to the infirmary”.
I followed after him from the office. He looked at me as we walked across the grounds.
“What is your name young man?”
I shoved my hands in my pockets.
“Damian, my name is Damian”.
It was the first name that came to mind when I woke up to the ashes and cinders that I found myself in. I looked over at him as he went on about school and enrollment and such. I was beyond the schooling age, judging from the body I possessed.

“You are of course over the schooling age. But if you want any training or to learn more about whatever powers you possess I can set you up with a friend of mine that could train you”.
I shook my head, grateful as I was for his kind offer. I didn’t need training. I had knowledge and information that no one could possibly have without years of combat training. But I could feel it within me. Any weapon, any fighting style. I knew it like a professional assassin. We arrived at the infirmary and the headmaster spoke to the purple haired girl and the blonde girl telling them they should get back to their classes. Both girls looked ready to argue as I passed them sitting by the bed side of the girl. My soul singer.

As the two girls filed out of the room I took her hand in mine closing my eyes listening to the sound of our harmonious souls singing together. I was sent back to that small country house sitting on the porch with her. Hearing her laugh watching the way the suns light reflected off of her cherry red hair. This place felt so familiar. The only memory I had ever experienced. I wanted it to continue but her hand slipped from mine and I opened my eyes as the memory shattered. She gaped up at me her cheeks flushed with color. I had wondered during my travels what I would say when I finally came face to face with her. The only thing I could thing of was.
“Hello”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3