Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

The First Wizarding War

“Elphie? Wake up, wake up!” I heard Professor McGonagall shout from my sleep. She was tugging on my blankets, and she almost made me fall off the bed.

“What, grandma?” I yawned, looking up at her, seeing a fuzzy figure. I was so tired I could not see straight, I hate going to school so early in the mornings.

“The other students will be arriving very shortly! You and Susan need to head to the Great Hall, you don't want to be late!” Professor McGonagall explained, she was looking at her watch on her wrist. Professor McGonagall is my father's mother and my grandmother; she took me in after she had won custody from my muggle grandmother who lives in America. Lord Voldemort killed my parents during their involvement in the Order of the Phoenix. In my mother's secret will it was instructed that I live with her mother or my muggle grandmother, who lived within England.

Within this will she instructed that my grandmother and I must leave the country in order for her to gain full custody. My grandmother moved us to America to avoid the wizarding world within England, which was my mother's intention. I was told that during the start of the First Wizarding War and the rise of Lord Voldemort my mother began to fear the wizarding world. My grandmother told me that my mother had wished I were born a muggle; she believed that I would be the safest without magic. After being raised in a muggle world, Professor McGonagall decided to fight for custody when I turned eleven. She wanted me to become a witch and start my education at Hogwarts so I could continue the Urquart bloodline of witches.

“Alright, I’m getting up!” I promised her and got up from my bed.

“I will see you and Susan in the Great Hall in twenty minutes tops,” Professor McGonagall called out. I nodded and continued looking for my uniform to wear under my robe. Once I was fully dressed in my uniform I found Susan waiting for me, she was sitting on the common room couch half asleep. Susan Bones became my best friend after being sorted into the same house, Hufflepuff, and learning that we have much in common. Our parents were colleagues and friends; they worked together in the Order of the Phoenix and were defeated by Lord Voldemort. Since I live with my grandmother, Professor McGonagall, I am always at Hogwarts whenever she is. McGonagall always arrives weeks before the first day to make sure everything is in order. So a day before school started I invited Susan over for a sleepover, so I would have something to do while my grandmother prepares her schedule. When we arrived at the Great Hall, I noticed a few students that were early and had seated within their house. Susan and I decided to sit in our usual spot, which was in the middle of the Hufflepuff table. The Hogwart's Express had not yet arrived so Susan and I started talking to pass time.

“Susan, are you still dating Seamus Finnegan?” I asked her. Last I heard she was dating him, however, I also heard they had problems last year because of infidelity.

“Yeah, but Hannah told me over the summer that a few other girls have told her that Lavender Brown is keeping her eyes out for us to break up,” Susan replied. I guess Lavender could be the real reason her relationship has gone south, because she will steal any guy she can get her hands on. Whenever Lavender has a crush on a guy she is relentless and never gives up until she gets at least one date out of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #1: Professor McGonagall and her granddaughter Elphie Urquart live in a cottage within Hogsmeade, Scotland. Which has a secret passageway located somewhere within the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.