Status: In Process

Chicago Is so Two Years Ago

Cedric Diggory

“Really? I'm so sorry; I hope that's not true!"

“So, enough about me! Does Cedric Diggory know that you like him, have you told him yet?” Susan whispered, looking at me. I turned my head to glance over at her while she smiled; I guess she just really wanted to know if my crush liked me.

“Unfortunately, Cedric doesn’t know that I have a crush on him."

“Well, I heard a rumor!"

"What rumor?" I asked.

"I heard Cedric totally likes you. Last year when you joined the Quidditch team you two became inseparable, you guys were always hanging out together. You two were the power couple last year, everyone figured something was going on between the two of you," Susan explained. However, I have never heard this rumor and no one has ever asked me about our relationship. I just figured Cedric liked me as best friends and nothing like a girlfriend.

“I know for a fact that Cedric doesn't like me. He has a girlfriend, her name is Cho Chang, and she's from Ravenclaw. They got together sometime over the summer after bumping into each other at the Exmoor Quidditch Stadium, he told me over a letter."

"Really, he told you over a letter?"

“Hello ev'ryone! I gotta message tha' the Hogwart's Express has arrived, I will receive the res' of the lot an' we will join yeh all very soon,” Professor Hagrid announced, calling out at all of us so we could hear him. Within a few minutes the rest of the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Gryffindor came through the door to meet up with everyone else who did not travel by the Hogwart's Express.

“Of course, Cho is holding hands with Cedric!” I sighed looking over at them, frowning at the idea of their relationship. I was a little jealous; okay, I was a lot jealous. I kept looking over at Cedric and Cho; they were talking as they were walking in between the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables. I turned around and tried to get his attention, I have not seen him since the end of my third year. We never got the chance to meet up and see each other over the summer.

“I gotta go,” Cedric told Cho, he looked at her and left very quickly without saying goodbye. When he was walking towards me, he noticed me and smiled very happily. I quickly jumped up and hugged onto him tightly, we missed each other very much. Over the summer it is very hard to see each other because Cedric lives in Devon, London while I live in Hogsmeade, Scotland which has a ten-hour distance drive in between or one-hour by flight car. I never usually see my friends from Hogwarts, because none of them live near me and can afford to travel, I only write them letters by owl.

“Cedric, oh my god, I've missed you!"

"I missed you too!" Cedric repeated, sitting down next to the open spot besides me.

As Cedric and I continued to talk the first years began to be sorted into their own houses. My grandmother, Professor McGonagall, called out to the first years standing in front of the Great Hall, "When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses… Lorens Arnie!"

"Well, how was your summer?” I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact #2: Over the summer Cedric and Cho ran into each other at the Exmoor Quidditch Stadium located within Cedric's hometown of Devon, London. The Pride of Portree was playing against the English National team, scoring 14-284.