Status: incomplete

The Best Mistake

Chapter 19

Austin’s POV

Time lapse to like two weeks ahead…….

I watched Alan as he changed from his pajamas to normal clothes. Earlier in the week a local music store agreed to hire Alan as a guitar lesson teacher, luckily Alan is really good at guitar so there won’t be any problems. I examined his stomach as he pulled his shirt off. He is around three months along and the doctor said the baby has been doing fine. Alan suddenly snaps me back from my daze.

“Austin, you know it isn’t nice to stare.” He says with a playful grin as he slips on some random shirt and pants before climbing back in bed and cuddling against me.

“Come on kitten, I will walk you to work.” I say and he whines, wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Austin, can we please cuddle for a few minutes?” He begs giving me puppy dog eyes and I sigh. I really would love to let this boy just relax all day but we are starting to get kinda low on money, I don’t make enough to support the both of us.

“As much as I would love that I don’t want you to miss your first day teaching kids how to play guitar.” I say as I grab his guitar case from the corner of our room. Last week Alan and I had gone to his moms after he got the job because he preferred to use his own guitar. I can still hear her calling my beautiful ginger and his baby disgusting freaks, I should have punched her when I had the chance.

Alan and I walk to the shop where he works, hand in hand. We get quite a few odd looks but we learned to ignore them knowing the looks would get worse the further along Alan gets. We spend the walk to the old shop in silence and when we walk in I’m completely surprised.

“Aaron?” I ask in surprise, looking at the man behind the counter.

“Fuck no! Austin? Austin fucking Carlile?” He asks and I nod before going over and giving him a hug. Aaron has helped me through so much shit that I had to deal with I can never repay him.

“Hey Aaron, where do you want me to set up?” Alan asks quietly. Once Aaron shows Alan everything he needs to do we talk about everything that’s happened since high school and I can’t lie. I wish those times were still here.