Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Thirteen New Sister?

Chapter Thirteen
New Sister?

I couldn’t believe these things were happening. What was worse the girls couldn’t be involved. I had to isolate myself from them. Because I loved them all so much, Raven said he’d kill everyone I loved, if I kept my distance from the girls and everyone else they’d all be safe. Of course Jimmy wasn’t letting me avoid him in the slightest. I spent most of my time with my horse during school and thankfully this weekend we were all allowed to visit our parents. I made my way up the drive way of the house mom and dad had been given.

“Mom! Dad!”
I cried flinging my arms around them both crying happily at the sight of them. They both hugged me and they were crying too. Dad stopped noticing the busing on my neck. Before he could ask what happened shooting a narrowed gaze at Night and Jimmy.
“You forgetting someone Baby doll?”
I gasped tears building in my eyes as I saw my grandmother emerge from the house.

“Grandma!”
I sobbed happily running and hugging her tight. She squeezed me like she always did and I smiled through my tears.
“Oh wow! You’re here too?”
Grandma smiled down at me looking at my mark.
“Oh, my little priestess you always were an extraordinary girl. Nyx would smile upon you”.
She ushered me inside and I smiled at her.
“I can’t believe you came”.
Grandma smiled as we walked into the living room. She had the photo albums out.
“You come from a long line of Alchemist’s my girl on my side of the family anyway”.
We sat together.
“Wow I didn’t know that”.
Grandma nodded to me as she showed me the photo albums of the alchemist’s from her side of the family. All my power came from my father’s family which made sense.
“How come I didn’t know about all this?”

Grams smiled at me.
“Because we take an oath after we complete school that we will not speak of what we learned with an outsider”.
Mom came into the room and smiled at us.
“Lunch is ready”.
I jumped up.
“Smells like cheese pizza”.
I sang prancing from the room.
“Oh I brought gifts!”
I remembered rushing back to the car. That was when I heard the voices.

“You are a disgrace and disappointment!”
A man roared. It sounded like it was coming from behind the fence and if it wasn’t for the sound of a girl crying I wouldn’t have peeked through the spaces. I saw Harlyn holding her cheek looking at her very well dressed parents.
“It’s bad enough we have to leave our lives behind for our freak show of a kid, but now you aren’t even the most gifted student and you still don’t have a vampire consort! What kind of damn freak are you?”

The woman snapped at her.
“I’m sorry!”
Harlyn cried hanging her head as she sniffed. I frowned narrowing my eyes at her parents.
“I can’t believe this! I am calling that high priestess of yours and getting answers! You young lady belong locked up in your damn room so we don’t have to look at you!”
I watched her father roughly grab her and narrowed my eyes. No one deserved this not even someone as awful to me as Harlyn.

“Air, come to me”.
I whispered watching them.
“Make him let her go, guide Harlyn to a safe place”.
I watched as her father was knocked clean backwards away from her and Harlyn broke into a run but she was coming towards me. Or my house. I backed up fast grabbing the gifts from the car and racing for the steps when I heard her.

“You?”
She said looking at me as I stood on the porch. I turned looking back at Harlyn.
“Why the fuck would you help me?”
I looked away from her giving a shrug.
“Because, no one deserves to be treated that way”.
Harlyn sighed looking as uncomfortable as I felt she looked back over her shoulder before starting up the walk way.

“Fine. Not my fault you’re too stupid to know I hate you”.
She said in a hotly tone on her way by me. I rolled my eyes cursing my compassion. It always got me into trouble. I introduced Harlyn to my parents and grandma. She took a seat on the other side of Night which was kind of strange. I expected her to sit on the other side of Jimmy and flirt with him in front of me. We ate and Harlyn actually didn’t seem all that bad. I showed her upstairs to my room and gave her some PJ’s to change into.
Harlyn sighed as she sat down on my bed looking around my room.
“Well, at least your taste in music doesn’t suck”.
She said looking at my Iron Maiden poster. I looked back at her and smirked.
“No way, you like Maiden too?”

Harlyen nodded crossing her arms.
“What’s your favorite song?”
“Power slave”.
I gaped at her.
“No flipping way! Me too!”
Harlyen gave a genuine smile as she shook her head.
“That is just scary”.
I sat down on the other side of her.
“How come? I mean why do you go out of your way to me mean to me?”
Harlyen sighed looking down.
“Because, you’ve got a cool different mark which has to mean you’re chosen for something big and I just have a mark like everyone else on my chest”.
Harlyn looked at my neck.
“But, by the looks of your neck. I’d say whatever you were chosen for isn’t all sunshine and rainbows”.

She stood walking to my window picking up one of my manga’s
“Wow, you read these too. My parents took all mine from me, said I was supposed to read “English” books. Fucking ignorant bastards”.
She sighed sitting on the window ledge.
“I’ve always wanted to run away to Japan”.
I laughed to myself sitting next to her.
“Yet another creepy thing we have in common”.
Harlyn sighed hanging her head.
“About the whole trying to steal Jimmy from you thing”.
She looked at me.
“I know it was wrong and stupid of me. I just wanted to have a vampire, normally you’re marked and your vampire comes to get you. That didn’t happen with me. I don’t have a vampire”.
I smiled at her.
“Maybe that’s what makes you different Harlyn. Maybe you have a consort that isn’t a vampire”.

Harlyen rolled her eyes getting to her feet.
“Oh great, that’s just what I wanted. To be the girl who gets stuck with a human or a troll”.
She rolled her eyes.
“Shit, please. I don’t want that. I want a vampire like anyone else”.
I frowned at her.
“Maybe you have one he just hasn’t found his way yet”.
Harlyn sighed sitting down on the bed.
“Maybe I don’t deserve one, I know I’m shit awful to you. And I’m real sorry about all that. You just blended in so naturally with your coven and I don’t have one”.
I stood crossing my arms.
“We don’t have to be at each other’s throats Harlyn and you don’t have to be mean to everyone. I understand what it’s like to have a parent who doesn’t care about you”.

She laughed at me.
“Yeah right, with Barbie and Ken as your parents”.
I shook my head.
“She’s not my birth mom.”
Harlyn gaped for a moment.
“My birth mom is probably somewhere hanging off of some wealthy guy parting her life away”.
Harlyn frowned at me hanging her head.
“I hate people like that, if you don’t want kids why have them at all?”
I sat next to her giving a nod.
“She didn’t want me, and it hurts every day. But I focus on Dad and my real mom even if she didn’t give birth to me. She is the only real mom I’ve ever known”.
I looked over at her.
“You aren’t going to use that against me are you? What I told you about my mom?”

Harlyn shook her head.
“No. you saw my parents at their worst last thing I need is to have you blabbing to everyone what an unwanted cunt I am”.
I gaped at her for a moment she sighed.
“Sorry, and I know you wouldn’t your too “Good” “
She shuttered at the word good. Mom came into the room with some snacks for us before kissing me on the forehead.
“Good night sweet heart”.
“Night Mom”.

Mom looked to Harlyn and without hesitating kissed her forehead too.
“Good night dear”.
Harlyn sat stunned.
“Wow, that’s the first time anything like that happened to me”.
Harlyn started snacking on the yummy snacks mom brought up for us while we watched a movie. The Crow of course. Turns out that’s her favorite movie too. Harlyn looked over at me and I knew she was looking at the bruising again.
“So, you’ve been distant from your loser friends. Why is that?”

I looked down not really needing to answer her. She figured it out on her own.
“You’re protecting them from whatever caused that bruising”.
I nodded a little.
“Yeah I am”.
Harlyn sighed getting to her feet and spreading out the sleeping bag for herself.
“Well hell, I am not worthy to have a friend like you, and honestly I don’t think they are either”.
I looked at her as she set herself up.
“Don’t worry we’ll go back to hating each other on Monday”.

I shook my head.
“I don’t want to go back to hating each other. I never actually hated you, I felt bad for you because I knew you had to have your reasons for being so awful”.
Harlyn looked at me then away again.
“Well, there is no excuse for it now. If you really want us to be friends. Then you’re going to have to clear it up with your other “friends””

I sat up shaking my head.
“No, I don’t want to be just friends with you”.
Harlyn gaped at me.
“Whoa, back up honey. You’re cute and all but I am not”.
I laughed cutting her off.
“No I mean, I want to make you part of our coven, I want you to be one of my sisters”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3