Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Seventeen My Hearts Always With You

Chapter Seventeen
My Hearts Always With You

“I can’t believe you and Jimmy are finally going on a date!”
Amanda squealed with delight as she finished doing my hair for me. It was a simple look because I didn’t know what to expect with Jimmy. Elle was paining my nails for me since it needed touching up. She was the latest one to come around about Harlyn who I was happy to say was sitting on my bed telling Lexus what dresses were good and what ones weren’t. I didn’t know how she could tell since she couldn’t see. Harlyn held up her hand.
“Wait! Light lavender lace dress with a sweetheart neckline?”
Lexus gaped at her.
“Yes!”
She laughed amazed at Harlyn’s ability to tell a dress without seeing.
“That’s the one”.
“Wow Harlyn. How are you doing it?”

Harlyn went back to filing her nails. She was wearing what looked like an expensive pair of sunglasses. They were designer and a deep shade of mint green on the frames. They were encrusted with little pink stones that I had a feeling weren’t fake jewels. But I didn’t know what they really were. The glasses had dark tinted frames. Her hair was pulled back from her face exposing the light scars she had now that peeked out from the frames of the glasses. It was as if someone had cut into her that night she had the vision. She was wearing her school uniform with the mark of Hecate on it which was twin torches. After everything she’d been through I thought for sure she’d be pissed at Hecate, but she wasn’t.

When we came around to the makeup part of the night Amanda stood about to grab her makeup bag when there was a tapping on the door frame. I looked over at Avery who hung her head holding her extravagant makeup kit.
“Hi”.
She spoke in a timid tone.

“Hey”.
We all said at once. Avery sighed shaking her head lightly.
“So I know I totally don’t deserve it, and I was a complete horrid”.
She trailed off.
“Hag from hell?”
Harlyn supplied. Avery nodded a little.
“Total hag from hell”.
She whispered and I saw the tears in her eyes.
“But, I heard you had a date with Jimmy and I thought maybe you could use my help”.
I smiled at Avery, Harlyn cleared her throat.
“That’s a weird sounding apology”.
I gave her a hard look but knew she couldn’t see the look I was giving her. Avery nodded vigorously.

“You’re right. I’m sorry, so so sorry for being judgmental and hateful. I just want to be ok with you all again because I miss you guys and I hate that we’ve been divided over something that shouldn’t have separated us. We should all be as compassionate and caring as Krissi was with you Harlyn. I know our goddesses would want that and I want that for myself. So I hope you can accept me and my slightly judgmental imperfections which I am working on fixing”.

“Of course we can Avery”.
I smiled getting up and hugging her. Elle hugged her as well smiling at her.
“What about Aria?”
Elle asked. Avery shook her head.
“She’s still being pissy”.
Avery took me over to the bed and sat me down getting started on my makeup once she saw the dress I was going to be wearing. Lexus and Amanda started cleaning up the hair products. Once I was changed into the dress and the makeup was done I looked myself over. The girls really went all out for me.
“By the way, next week I am calling a meeting here in the dorm to plan for the Halloween Mask”.
Harlyn announced.

“Oh boy!”
Avery sang grinning from ear to ear.
“We can work out shopping plans and how to get ready for the big dance which is basically like prom for us”.
Harlyn said from her place on the bed.
“Now, I need to find some seriously strong coffee so I can stay awake. Because last thing I want is to be caught up in your romantic date with Jimmy”.
“Goddess”.
Night spoke from behind me. I turned to him and smiled.
“Yes Night?”
He fisted his hand to his heart.
“I understand you will be spending your night with James. And he is your consort and vampire. I was hoping you would excuse me for the night so I may tend to my lovely one”.

“Awe”.
Avery said looking between Night and Harlyn. Amanda grinned linking arms with her.
“I’ll get you caught up”.
She whispered to Avery. I smiled at Night.
“You’re excused Night”.
Night fisted his hand to his heart again before offering his arm to Harlyn who took it all smiles as he led her from the room. I knew that no one else had seen just how much trouble she was having with this whole being blind now thing. Night probably saw her at her most venerable. It made my heart hurt to think about what she was really going through.

There was a knock on the door and Elle pranced towards it with Lexus following in toe behind her. Avery and Amanda gave me a final look over and smiled.
“You look great honey, Jimmy is a lucky guy”.
I blushed modestly walking into the main room. Jimmy smiled at the sight of me and I blushed returning his smile as he took my hand in his.
“Wow, you look amazing”.

I smiled at him.
“So do you”.
“Have fun you two”.
Amanda beamed at us. I laced my fingers with Jimmy’s following him out of the room. As we walked out to the car that was waiting for us I had to wonder what our date would consist of. And if it was safe for us to leave the grounds.
“So, what are we doing tonight?”
Jimmy smiled at me kissing the side of my head as we walked to the car.
“It’s a surprise”.
He whispered before opening the passenger door for me. I got into the car. Jimmy didn’t say much about where we were going. He kept hold of my hand in his. I watched the buildings and people passing us by.

“This is it”.
Jimmy said when we pulled into the almost empty parking lot of the observatory. I turned myself to him and smiled.
“Isn’t this place closed at this hour?”
Jimmy smiled at me.
“Normally, but I called in a favor”.
We got out of the car and headed across the parking lot. The place was huge and I’d never actually been to one. Someone who loves the stars as much as I do. Jimmy led me towards a room where there was a perfect view of the night sky above us. He had everything set up like a romantic dinner for the two of us.
“Jimmy, this is so beautiful”.

Jimmy smirked at me.
“I’ve seen better”.
He winked walking with me towards the table, we sat down together.
“I can’t believe you did all this for me. You’re so sweet”.
Jimmy smirked to himself.
“I’ve never cared about any of this shit. Academics and crap. I would have never agreed to attend the place. But when I remembered you, I started wanting to be a better person. As a human I was chaotic and didn’t care about anyone but me. Now I want to be more than that. Because of you I want to be more than just the crazy guy everyone loves”.

I smiled at him as his fingers laced with mine. It was honestly the most romantically sweet thing any guy ever said to me. We kissed and it was perfect. I knew in my heart Jimmy and I would always be together the way we had before. It made me want to protect him even more. But I didn’t want to have to sacrifice myself to do it. I wanted to stay with Jimmy this time around. I wanted to win and that meant defeating Raven once and for all. But I didn’t know if that was possible. It had to be, I had to hope it was.

(Outside POV)
Damien rocked himself in the cell gripping at his hair as he clenched his teeth.
“You can see for yourself son. She is a whore and needs to be dealt with. But in order to get to her, you need to bate her”.

Damien shook his head tears burning hot against his skin.
“I never wanted to hurt her. But you are right about her father. The whore needs to pay for her crimes against me!”
Raven smirked as he kneeled before his child gripping the side of his head.
“Then allow me to enter you and together we can change things. Together we can make her pay for her crimes against us!”
Damien locked eyes with the shadow mass that was his creator giving a nod.

“Father, I give you permission. Use me as you will”.
Damien said opening his arms. And without hesitation Raven consumed his child in his mass of shadows that clung to him as part of the curse. Damien howled in agony as Raven took him over causing his body to shift and change. When his eyes opened again they were pail blue and no longer the eyes of Damien. Raven smirked down at his once human form rising to his feet looking towards the bars. Guards had heard the screaming and were coming towards the cell.

Raven grinned at them throwing out his arms using Damien’s powers as only Raven could. The bars shattered like crystal and the guards were thrown back in a wisp of black energy their necks being snapped so viciously that it left their heads backwards. Raven grinned down at the bodies hearing more footsteps coming towards him. Tonight was the night he would take his vengeance out on them all. Moving with ease Raven left anyone who challenged him in a heap. That was when he heard the laughing.

“Night, seriously, I am telling you. If someone catches us I am going to be in serious trouble”.
She giggled and purred at him. Raven narrowed his gaze as he approached the demon warrior sent to stop him. He was holding the blind girl in his arms and kissing her. On a second look, Raven saw the branding on her blazer. Hecate his eyes widened in rage as he flew forwards throwing the blind girl backwards into a tree so hard it knocked her out cold. He grabbed the demon warrior smirking at him as he held him high.

“So Erebus, you send me this pup to play with.”
Night narrowed his eyes down at Raven seeing through his disguise moving quickly braking Raven’s hold on him. He drew his sword flying forwards and the fight was on. But it wasn’t much of one, Raven caught the sword with ease and bent the blade as his blood poured from his palm an evil grin on his lips.

“It will take more than a mere sword to slay me pup”.
He grinned kicking Night hard in the chest sending him crashing backwards through the stable doors. Raven turned on the blind girl who wore the mark of Hecate grabbing her roughly. She screamed out trying to free herself.
“Night! Help me!”
Her voice was breathy and scared.
“The Pup will not save you this time”.

He grinned.
“You were chosen by her, the one who cast me out. The one who bound me and forbade me what was mine! For that you will pay, but before I make you pay. I will make her pay”.
Raven looked back seeing Night struggling to his feet.
“Lovely one!”
He ran at them again and Raven threw up is hand trapping Night in a whirlwind of shadows.
“Call your Goddess, tell her if she wants to see her blinded prophetess again. She will come find me alone”.

“NO! Don’t do it Night! Don’t you fucking dare give into this mother fucker!”
The blind girl spoke. Raven grinned at her spirit and then black wings like shadows emerged from his back and he along with the blind girl he had taken hostage were gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3