Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Three Saint James

Chapter Four
Saint James

“So I guess Harlyen was your girlfriend or something?”
I said breaking the silence with Jimmy as we sat outside at the café he told me about. I was finishing off a piece of lemon meringue pie which I had removed the meringue from because I really don’t like it. Rev laughed loudly.
“Fuck no, I’d shoot myself in the head before dating that cow”.
I nearly choked on my mouth full of pie. Rev snickered handing me a napkin.
“She’s had her eye on me and actually formally requested me as her vampire. She even had her rich daddy get involved and tried to buy me”.
He shook his head lighting a cigarette exhaling smoke from his lips in that too cool James Dean way.

My heart fluttered again and I fixed my eyes on my plate.
“In the end I couldn’t be bought, and laws are laws. It’s probably the best thing a law’s ever done for me, normally they get me locked up”.
He laughed. I smiled at him.
“I take it you were a real rebel as a human, you were human once right?”
Rev nodded.
“I was one bad ass human”.
He snickered to himself his blue eyes sparkling in the setting sun’s light. I shifted the crumbs on my plate a little before looking at him again.
“Were you bit?”
Rev smirked at me raising an eyebrow.
“By a vampire? No. that isn’t how the change works”.

I rested my chin in my palm as he continued.
“Something happens inside you after you die. The mortal body is useless and so it decays but the soul sort of becomes a new solid body. And it’s indestructible because there is no power that can penetrate or destroy a soul. So your life becomes eternal and for the first few months you are like a Frankenstein monster. You have no memories or anything you’re just this animalistic being looking for fresh blood to feed on. If the members of the school staff don’t find you, you end up going on a killing spree. They actually have vampire trackers for that. They wonder the grave yards at night and bring in the new borns. Once you have enough blood your memory comes back, but more than just memories from the life you just lost. Memories from all of your lives”.

Rev explained as he put his cigarette out.
“So, you know”.
I gaped at him, Rev nodded to me.
“I know, but no one else does. That’s why I acted like it wasn’t a big deal when we met and stuff”.
He sighed looking down.
“It was real fucking hard for me not to hug you Jail Bate”.

I blushed a bit looking down.
“Same here”.
I admitted, He smirked at me.
“Well we are alone now, no one else is around. I think this is a safe zone to hug in”.
I smiled at him trying not to laugh. I stood at the same time he did and he took me into his arms hugging me tight. I closed my eyes burying my face against his chest. For a moment it was just like in the movies where the girl and guy touch for the first time and sappy music plays with flash backs of their lives together. Completely cheesy of me I know. But that was how it felt.
“I’m not interrupting am I?”

My cheeks flushed with color as I heard someone speak from behind us. Rev laughed separating from me.
“Not at all man, what’s up?”
I turned to see Syn standing there, a smirk on his lips.
“The girls are wanting Krissi to get ready with them for the welcome ceremony”.
Syn said in a sly tone. Rev kept his arm around my shoulders.
“Tell them she’ll be there in another hour”.
Syn nodded turning and walking away.
“Don’t knock her up Sullivan”.
He laughed as he walked away. Rev laughed shaking his head.

“Asshole”.
He muttered in a way I had never heard anyone use the world. It was more like a playful teasing way then an angry way. Rev smiled at me.
“I should probably get you back before the girls come looking for you”.
I caught his wrist lightly before he could turn away.
“Can it wait? I mean, I’d like to talk with you more”
Rev smiled at me.
“We can take the long way”.
I smiled up at Rev as we walked together.
“So, vampires don’t burn up in the sun?”
Rev laughed shaking his head.
“There is a trick to that, if a vampire has become tainted or strays from his immortal mission the penalty is his immortality is stripped and he will burn in the sun. As far as what happens when we are chosen to become the living dead no one knows. But something chooses us and we become vampires”.
I smiled up at him.
“I’m glad you’re my vampire”.

Rev smiled down at me.
“Me too”.
There was a hesitant moment where our eyes locked and in the movie version we probably would have kissed. But in real life I quickly averted my eyes and followed up with a quick.
“So what was your human life like?”
Rev smiled at me as we walked.
“I was a rock star actually”.
I raised an eyebrow at him.
“You were?”
Rev laughed turning to face me.
“You’ve never heard of Avenged Sevenfold?”
I pursed my lips for a moment thinking back to all the music I had lost myself in over my 17 years of life.

“Hmm, no I haven’t”.
Rev looked like I had just knocked him down a few pegs.
“This is a grouse injustice!”
Grabbing my hand he led me towards the largest building on the far side of the grounds.
“Where are we going?”
I asked in a panic.
“To find a computer!”
I giggled running to keep up with him. Rev and I found a computer in a quiet room and he closed the door sitting me down in front of it.
“Ok time for you to see just how awesome I am”.
I giggled at him as I typed in a search for Avenged Sevenfold. Videos and photos and web pages all popped up and I began to go through them. I was shocked to see Shads, Syn, Zacky and Johnny were all a part of this group too. Their music was pretty amazing and I didn’t know why that surprised me but it did. Rev smiled at me.

“See! Now aren’t we the best band you’ve ever heard?”
I rolled my eyes.
“I don’t know maybe”.
Rev grinned at me.
“You know you love me Jail Bate”.
I blushed looking at him. The intensity in the room made my heart flutter and my knees buckle. I had never experienced such electricity between me and someone else. Again a perfect moment to kiss came up and again I ruined it with another question.
“What was your name? When you were human”.

Rev smirked at me.
“Jimmy, but I’m a vampire now and everyone calls me Rev as a sign of respect for the legacy I left behind as a human as far as music goes anyway”.
I smiled at him.
“Can I call you Jimmy?”
Rev smiled at me like no one had ever asked him that before. I blushed looking away from him.
“Unless you don’t want me to”.
He lifted my chin.
“If you want to call me that, it’s fine with me Jail Bate”.
I blushed, kind of getting use to the whole “Jail Bate” thing.
“I have to ask”.
I said as we were walking back to the dorms.
“Why Jail bate?”

He laughed turning to me.
“Because you look like Jail bate, you’re the type of girl that attracts all kinds of guys. Even the oldest vampires would want a taste of you. So Jail bate. But if any other vampire tries to touch you or taste you I’ll rip his god damn heart out”.
He said with conviction before flashing that smile again and hugging me.
“See you at the welcome ceremony Jail bate”.
He winked at me before going down the hall. I smiled to myself as I watched him walk away. I was starting to bond with him more and more. Maybe I would come out of my shell and be able to have conversations with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3