Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Four Wicked Witches and Ex Boyfriends.

Chapter Four
Wicked Witches and Ex Boyfriends.

“That dress looks hella hot on you Krissi!”
Avery announced as she and Amanda finished with my hair and makeup. The dress I had been given was sleek and red made of silk. The strapless dress hugged to my figure perfectly. Hell before this dress I didn’t know I had a figure. Amanda smiled giving a nod agreeing with Avery.
“Oh yes, Rev is going to love you in this dress”.
I gave a modest laugh and then my smile faded when Aria came into the room with a pair of heels for me. She grinned.
“You will look hot in these!”
I bit my lip looking away from her.
“Actually I’ve never”.
I started to say before Elle sat me down on the bed helping Aria put the heels on me.
“Oh my god! Its official you’re the hot one”.
Aria laughed. Elle smiled giving a nod.

“Rev was right, you are Jail bate”.
I rolled my eyes at them. I’d never thought of myself as hot. Honestly I didn’t like the way I looked, I’ve never liked the way I looked. But here in this place with this group of beautiful girls that had much better bodies then mine in my mind anyway. I was the “hot” one? How did that make any sense at all? Aria smiled at me.
“I’m the bad ass one, Elle’s the logical level headed one. Avery’s the perky optimistic one and Amanda is the sweet one. Making you my dear, the hot one”.
I sighed looking down at myself still trying to figure out the math that made me the hot one in the group when there was a knock on the dorm door.
“Oh the guys are here!”

Aria smiled giving each of us a hug leaving the lingering smell of her lavender perfume behind.
“You girls will do great tonight!”
Aria was a second year so she’d been through this ceremony already. She opened the door and met Syn with a quick kiss taking his hand in hers. Their fingers interlocking naturally. I remained seated on the bed and watched as Matt, Avery and Elle met their guys the same way Aria had. Jimmy walked in and smirked setting me sitting down. His eyes fixed on the shoes and he laughed causing the girls to glare at him.

“Rev! Why are you laughing she looks amazing?”
Jimmy smirked walking to my closet and grabbing some sparkling black ballet flats.
“Because you have her in heels, she’s going to brake her neck”.
I smiled at him as he kneeled in front of me swopping out the too hot heels for my safe comfortable ballet flats. Aria gaped at him.
“What do you mean?”

I blushed embarrassed looking down.
“I can’t walk in heels”.
I confessed, Aria smiled at me taking her heels back.
“Well I’ll teach you, after the ceremony”.
She beamed at me giving a friendly wink before going back to Syn’s arms. Once everyone was gone from the room Jimmy helped me up and smiled down at me with a wicked grin.

“They’re right, you are the hot one”.
He whispered so only I could hear him. I blushed diverting my gaze as he laced his fingers with mine leading me from the room. I was grateful that he had changed my shoes because the last thing I wanted was to fall on my face in front of everyone. We approached a beautiful cathedral style building. Jimmy smiled at me answering the question that formed in my mind before I had a chance to ask.

“It’s the goddess temple. A place to give thanks to those who have gifted the alchemist’s with magic and the vampire’s with a life mate and purpose. Every Sunday we have to attend ceremonies to give thanks but tonight we have a ceremony to welcome the new alchemists and vampires to the family”.
Jimmy explained as we entered the temple. It was so beautiful with a skylight ceiling that let the light from the full moon beam down on everything bathing it in night. It made me think of my mom. Of Nyx, my creator and eternal mother.

Jimmy and I walked to the front of the temple and stood with the other first years. Athena looked stunning as she stood at the front of the room in a rose gold colored gown that had silver flecks around the perfect neckline that was just off the shoulders. Her thick blond hair pulled up into a bun and she smiled at me before speaking.

“We are here on this blessed night to welcome our new members to our family, Vampires and Alchemist have been matched together and guarded each other since the beginning of time. It remains unclear what awakens the vampire gene in those who are chosen. But we know it is the light of the goddess that selects that vampire for their alchemist that guides them to being together”.
Athena smiled at the room and everyone crossed their fists to their chest bowing their head in response. Then began the ceremony, Athena announced the alchemist, the goddess who gifted the alchemist and the vampire bound to the alchemist.

She gave vampire and alchemist each a candle lighting each of them. The alchemist and vampire then joined the others who had been called. Amanda, and Avery were already in the circle forming in the center of the room. I was at least three letters away from getting called forwards.

Jimmy laced my fingers with mine as if to tell me to breath, that I’d be fine. That I wouldn’t trip and throw my candle setting a fire and burning down this holy temple of the goddesses. However if I happened to set Harlyen’s shoes on fire maybe that wouldn’t be so bad. I’d noticed the way she was looking at Jimmy and yes, it pissed me off. He was mine. I sighed realizing how possessive I sounded now. Was I really turning into that girl? It made me remember unhappy things about my ex-boyfriend Damien.

Ok, so I had a boyfriend around two years ago. Fifteen years old, and completely socially awkward. Damien like me was an outcast. But I can tell you, we never did anything beyond holding hands. That is why he oh so rudely broke up with me in public for another girl who was known for “taking guys to bed”. Heh, really? Is she a nanny or something? Tucking them in at night? Ok I’m not that naive I know what they meant but it sounded more like the description of a nanny or baby sister. Jimmy squeezed my hand and I came back from my thoughts of my stupid ex-boyfriend long enough to hear Athena speak then end of my name.

“Nyx”.
She said looking to me with a smile. There was a spattering of light whispers and some people just looked at me in awe or well. They were looking at the tiara mark on my forehead. Two half-moons back to back with a full moon in the center, intricate lace waving whips baring across the rest of my forehead that if you really looked at them looked like upside-down half-moons. The other strange thing about my mark was it wasn’t a solid color. It was like clear translucent glitter the only hint of color in my mark was the light tint of blue in the full moon part of the mark. There were collective gasps when I held the candle as the light reflected off my mark.

Jimmy smiled proudly standing at my side holding my hand in his. The circle was completed a few minutes later and we reserved the blessing of the goddess. Once the ceremony was complete Athena smiled at everyone.

“And now, the celebration will continue with a welcome dance in the ball room. I hope you will all attend and show your support for our new family members”.
We all filed out of the room as the candles were taken from us and left lit, they were placed among the other lit candles that flickered on what looked like a memorial table. You know how churches have those candles you can light for someone. It was like that but all the candles were all lit. Each student had a candle. Some of them were lower down the then others.

I followed Jimmy towards the ball room where the dance was happening. The place looked amazing. Jimmy walked over to join the guys while I went to get some punch. Being nervous makes me thirsty. I got myself a cup and turned to walk back to where Jimmy was when my eyes locked with hers. Harlyn narrowed her eyes at me taking the punch from my hand and throwing it in my face.
“Welcome to hell bitch”.
She smirked at me.

“Because I am going to make your pathetic life pure hell”.
She laughed walking away leaving me standing there dripping wet. My dress ruined. The others hadn’t noticed what happened. I quickly rushed from the room in tears. I came to a stop at a cherry blossom tree by one of the walls around the school.
“Kristen? Is that you baby?”
I looked up hearing a voice I never thought I’d hear in my life. I turned my eyes towards the wall and gaped at my ex-boyfriend, Damien as he was climbing over the wall to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3