Green Eyes Dont Lie

o12

Music pumped through the house., candles lit, fog machines going bodies packed the lower floors of the Sander house hold. Conversations echoed up the stairs and through the hallways, I looked in the mirror one last time making sure my wig, my make up and my costume was perfect. I cleared my throat and said a few Harlee Quinn one liners to make sure my accent was spot on.
I locked my bedroom door and descended the stair case saying hello to a few people whom I know and others I didn't.

Eye's raked over me as I spotted Val and Matt talking with a couple Val was dressed as Poison Ivy and Matt was Scarecrow, Brian was Batman and Michelle Batgirl, Johnny was Robin seen as he's shorter then the rest of the band as well as younger, Lacey was Cat woman. I looked around for Arin and his girlfriend whom I was told were dressing as the Riddler and a fem fatal version of two-face. I hit the landing in my flats looking around
"Alexandrea!" Matt called I turned on my heel grabbing a beer making my way over to Matt and Val who stood there talking to a couple I didn't recognize
"Alex this is Mike and Leslie Harmon they are producers over at Warner Brothers Records I was telling them about your little performance on the piano" I smiled and shook there hands while giving Matt a sideways glance of doom he backed off a little with a smile playing from his lips, Matt a man of pranks and well giving credit were its due.

I stood and talked to the Harmon's about my musical back round for a bit watching as couples fleeted in and out paying half attention I smiled nodded and excused myself going to refill my beer and to find Valary and Michelle, or one of the guys.
In the kitchen there were snacks lined up along with some food a party planned to Valary's standards.
Out back there was a bar set up with 2 bar tenders mixing drinks for the guests, several bands had shown up that the guys where cool with on that level, a few guys from Escape the Fate where bouncing around, I saw Gerard from My Chemical Romance and his wife Lynzi from Mindless Self Indulgence a few others going in and out, I stepped over by the pool waiting to get a drink when a hand slipped around my waist and I felt breathing on my neck.

"Well well Ms. Harleen Quinzel, you look mm ravishing this evening" Zack breathed in to my ear and I bit my lip turning to look at him, he was in the classic Joker suit, his hair temp died a vibrant green, he mixed classic Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger and he looked to die for.
"Well hiya' puddin'" I said looking around at the line of people waiting for a drink Zack pulled back and looked me over taking in my costume. Nodding in approval walking around me looking at my chest, ass, and legs.
"Heard about your little excitement a few days ago" He said standing at my side lighting a cigarette inhaling looking around spotting Matt and nodding in his direction I realized he was talking about me running in to Mark or well the latter rather.
"Mmhm, aint that a bitch" I said biting down on my thumb nail a trademark nervous tick that usually helped me get through conversations I didn't want to have. We stood in silence for a few moments standing in line I enjoy the silence with him, it was comforting and safe in a way.
"I had no idea but what am I supposed to do?, not live my life? I can't become some crazy cat lady" I said hand on hips looking Zack dead on Zack smiled and looked at me then smiled up at the bartender
"Jack and coke please, Vodka and red bull for Harlee Quinn over here" he said putting a ten dollar bill in the tip cup as he waited for the drinks he turned to look back at me taking one last drag of his cigarette
"You hate cats Alex you'd be a crazy dog lady but I mean you're already crazy right?" He said with a cocky smile I laughed a little trying hard to hide it but looking up grabbing my drink and walking past him.

Zack caught up and sat next to me at the fire pit a few other people where there having there own separate conversations
"Do you feel safe?" He asked, and as cryptic as it sounded I knew what he meant with Mark as a officer in the town where we all lived do I feel safe laying my head down at night knowing that he has access to all of my information.
"As safe as a gunshot victim in a piranha tank with a cracker" I said looking dead in to the fire. I was honestly scared to death, but I knew part of me was safe as I could ever be I had the best group of friends that would die keeping me safe and what ever this was between me and Zack I knew he would do anything in his power to keep me safe. I looked at Zack my eyes watering due to looking at the fire
"Hey are you ok?" He asked moving closer to me, I sighed and nodded resting my head on his shoulder closing my eyes, he wrapped a arm around my waist pulling me in to him.

The party ended around 3 am, the last few people straggling out of the door by 330, Val and Matt said goodbye to the last guest locking the door behind them I was sitting on the counter in the kitchen as Michelle and Brian cleaned up a little, Lacey was passed out drunk in the basement Johnny was nearly there stumbling all over the place I was drunk, I wasn't 3 sheets to the wind drunk I was drunk enough to keep my wits about me. Zack was sitting at the kitchen table half asleep.
"Well that was another successful Sanders Halloween extravaganza!" Matt's voice boomed through the kitchen causing Zack to jolt awake scared a little as his wide eyes went back to half open, Brian laughed throwing a towel at him.
"It was a good party and a good theme" Michelle said holding open the trash bag open for Brian.
"Well I love you guys, I'm gonna go pass out" I said jumping down stretching out to catch the other counter to keep my balance. Brian looked back at Zack then back at me
"You taking sleeping beauty with you or can we put him out back?" He was joking and well slightly serious. I looked back at Zack, head back, mouth wide open fast asleep. Most of his make up was worn away from beer pong and challenging other guys his insane speed by a race out to the beach and back.
"Sleeping beauty can sleep on the couch" I said shrugging my shoulders as I exited the kitchen making my way up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I needed a little Halloween mixed with my Valentines Day because who doesn't?

I love and appreciate all the feedback so leave some thoughts and such.

:)

Updates this weekend.
Might break out my new story I've been working on.