Green Eyes Dont Lie

oo8

I walked back behind the bar telling Tina and Sammi what had happened and that I refused to go down to the end of the bar where some of the guys still lingered., Mark was still there in the middle of the guys laughing and talking. Sammi agreed to take care of it for me and said once Zack got here I could either stay or leave but the night was slowing down and 3 bar tenders wouldn't be needed much longer.
"Get ya'll anything else?" I asked clearing some bottles away from a few young ladies they offered up smiles and asked for a round of fireball
"And how bout anything these fine ladies want" I looked to see a credit card shoved in my face and looked up at Mark standing between the two awe struck college girls
"Ladies bit of advice he really isn't worth it" I snapped sliding his card back towards him going back to pouring them there shots.,
"Awe you a little sassy tonight aren't you Alex?" Mark asked with a smug look
"Pretty sure it's called standing up for myself and I believe if all your going to do is harass me there's the door" I said jerking my thumb over my shoulder staring him down Mark smiled and realized I wasn't laying down and taking his shit. The girls looked at each other then at Mark and I slipping out of there seats and leaving.
"Your causing customers to leave" I snapped wiping the bar down as he took a seat in front of me. I went to walk away when he reach out and grabbed my arm
"Stop" he snapped at me eyes from around the bar landed on us. Sammi started walking towards us
"Let her go buddy or I'll call the cops" Sammi said raising her voice, she knew how to handle these situations seen as she has worked here a few years and well these types of situations where not necessarily regular but they happened every now and again. Mark held his grip as he looked me dead in the eye
"Let me go" I said ripping my arm back knocking a few bottles to the ground
"Coors lite, in a bottle" Mark said throwing a twenty dollar bill at me. I rubbed my arm looking around everyone witnessed it even his friends at the bar looked shocked that he had grabbed me. Sammi bent down and threw the money back at him
"Get out, we have the right to refuse service to anyone for any given reason I suggest you move it" She said one hand on her hip the other with the bar phone in her hand looking at him., at that moment if looks could kill, Mark would be dead. I slinked back looking around feeling embarrassed.

"Alex?" I looked up seeing Zack standing by the bar entrance his eyes looking worried and angry as I could see him glancing at Mark and he noticed me holding my arm.
"Go" Sammi said handing me my bag I walked out and Zack wrapped his arm around me in a protective way.

I walked out to the parking lot, Zack's truck sat near the street, it chirped as it unlocked he opened the door for me and helped me in the passenger seat
"Thanks" I muttered fidgeting with the seat belt Zack slammed the door and walked around jumping in the drivers side the door thumped close, the engine roared to life, Zack pulled out on to the street leaving the bar behind as his speed climbed on the main road.
"Are you ok?" He asked glancing down at me and my arm
"Yeah, just a little shaken up" I said looking out the window realizing that we were not headed towards Val and Matts.
"Were are we going?" I asked looking over at him., his eyes set on the road and the mirrors changing lanes here and there
"Figured you could come back with me?" Zack said with a small smile playing at his lips.
"Uh huh I see and what made you think that?" I asked ignoring the dull throb in my arm noting that I'll have a bruise there tomorrow
"Well I could take you back home and I can tell Val that I rescued you from a psychotic ex boyfriend and then subject you to a line of questioning., or you can come back with me and we can hang out and you can relax?" I rolled my eyes and he was right I loved Val but I knew I was going to have to tell her what happened tonight and she was going to have questions and she would go in to fight or flight mode and that mode is where you can't rationalize with her because that's when she'll attack you like a spider monkey.

Once inside Zack's house he took my bag and my hoodie hanging them up near the door., I looked around there were pictures of shows, family, the guys, Matts wedding and Brian's wedding, and a picture of him and Jimmy hung near the stairs. I ran my fingers over Jimmy's smile and remembered our insanely funny yet sometimes serious friend.
"I miss him" I said wrapping my arms around myself realizing the last time I had saw Zack or the guys before the past couple months was at Jimmy's funeral.
"I do too" Zack said his breath on my neck as I realized how close he was standing I looked back at him slightly nervous I haven't been alone with Zack in years.
"Want anything to drink? I have soda or beer or milk orrrrr water?" his voice echoed slightly as he walked in to the kitchen.
"After tonight I'll take a beer or whiskey if you have that" I said leaning against the stove as he nodded and rummaged through the fridge and freezer producing a bottle of frost covered Jack Daniels and a bottle of Pepsi Zack mixed the drinks and led me in to the living room
I took my glass grateful for some from of liquor in my life other then wine. I sat in the corner of the couch watching Zack as he grabbed the remotes and turned the tv on.
Moments passed in silence., silence I welcomed and silence that made me wonder what Zack was thinking or why I was here.
"Soo" I said breaking the silence looking around the room Zack leaned back in to the couch looking over at me
"So..what happened tonight? I mean if you want to talk about it" He said facing me I sat up a looked down at my arm, the red rings of Marks fingers fading only to be replaces with light bands of blueish green.
"Normal Friday night., college kids, blue collar workers, a few families in the restraint part and these guys came in rowdy and loud clearly already intoxicated but they sat in my section and all was well I was having a great night made a good amount of money and I went back to check on the group and there was Mark, sitting with the guys joking and when I went to back away he grabbed me., so I tried calling Val and she didn't answer then I...I called you" I said taking a deep breath and looking up at him., his eyes looked me over I can see him linger at my cleavage and my neck, he looked over my arms and back up to my face.
"Am I your night in shining armor now?" He said with a chuckle downing his drink. I shrugged my shoulders taking a few swallows holding back my laugh.
"I believe you where once before are you trying to reapply for that position?" I asked cocking my eyebrow Zack looked down and back up at me his expression changing as he scooted closer to me
"I have the position for damsel in distress available" He whispered moving my hair behind my ear I leaned in to his hand s he was cradling my cheek. He smelled like Old Spice, downy fabric softener and smoke, it was a all to familiar sent to me one I missed.

Zack leaned in a little closer and for some reason my mind, body and heart didn't resist or try to stop me from leaning in my self, I closed my eyes as our lips met.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback yeah? yeah.

Thank you for reading!
:)