The Perfect Combination

Chapter 27

-What do I get when I win?

Sergio texts from the locker room ahead of the champions league final game that he will be playing in.

- What do you want? ;)

I tease him with my reply

- What are you offering?

- A home cooked meal

- You know my reward for winning should result in pleasure not a night in the hospital emergency room.

He states, subtly insulting my lack of culinary skills

- If that’s you trying to seduce me into giving you sex, you should realize that I’m already turned off.

I answer back as I take my seat in his suite ahead of the game. The Santiago Bernabau was playing host to the final against Manchester City. It had been almost 2 weeks since the twins were born and this was my first public appearance.

- Oh come on baby don’t play hard to get

He answers back seductively and I can’t help but laugh out loud. Both set of our parents give me a look and I apologize as I answer his texts.

- Boy ain’t nobody want you

"Are you two sexting?’ someone says as I press the send button.

I turn around to find the voice and I see a smiling Fernando standing behind me.

"No" I say with a hint of a smile before I pull him in for a hug.

When we pull apart my phone vibrates and it’s a text from Sergio.

- Hahaha. Your phone call last night says otherwise.

He answers back as I remember our conversation from last night, which included me talking about the nasty things I wanted to do to him.

- I don’t wanna talk about that and focus on the game. Fernando’s here so bye. P.S. break a leg.

I sign off as I put my phone in my pocket and turn my attention back to Fernando.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well Sergio mentioned that it’s your first game as a mom and I thought I should come and hang out"

I nod my head at this as I invite him to take a seat next to me. The parents notice this but say nothing.

"So the two of you are good now?" I ask, knowing very well that things are great.

"Yeah they are. The whole naming your kid after me thing just made it that much nicer" I smile at his answer before I ask him if he is angry with me.

"No Nati. Never. If anything you should be angry with me. If you think the fact that you and Sergio are together now would make me hate you then you’re wrong. I’ve never been so happy to see two people who belong together actually be together" I laugh at his statement before he starts asking me about the twins and how life has been since we last spoke.

"So marriage is on the cards?" he questions and I roll my eyes.

"Sergio hasn’t brought it up in a while so I think it’s on the back burner until things calm down"

"Mmmmm" Fernando comments and I know he is thinking about something.

"What? Tell me!"

"It’s stupid" he says as he looks down at the pitch where the teams are walking back to the locker rooms.

I nudge him to look at me and he relents before he says what he was thinking.

"Why don’t you ask him to marry you?" he says and I have a horrified look on my face. He continues to speak. "Look Nat you love him and he obviously loves you and let’s face it, your relationship is anything but traditional. So why not continue with that trend by being the one to take the leap and asking him"

"I don’t know" I admit as we both stare out onto the pitch where the teams have started lining up.

"Just think about it. It’s not like the guy is going to turn you down and say no"

~

"Oh babe that was amazing" Sergio says as he rolls to the side of the bed and collects his clothing.

"It was just a back massage pervert, no need to get poetic about it" I tease him as he continues to moan.

We are now in Tahiti for a private family vacation for just the four of us. It’s also was my way to reward Sergio for his champions league final win - where he scored the winning goal- considering the doctor still hadn’t given us the all clear to have sex yet.

"Yoh Ramos, get your ass up and dressed" I tell him as I realize we’ll be late for our dinner reservations.

He has been napping, along with the twins for the past 3 hours and despite their screaming when they woke up he was still fast asleep when I got out the shower and started getting dress

He groans at the fact that he has to get up but he does it anyway and starts to get dressed.

We arrive at a private restaurant that is decked out just for us and we take our seats to start dinner.

"Who has the twins?" he asks suddenly as he eats his mains.

"Wow really?! 30 minutes in and you only ask about them now" I tease before I tell him I’ve hired a sitter.

The conversation continues at a friendly and lighthearted pace but as dessert is brought in I cannot help but feel nervous.

The waiter place’s Sergio’s chocolate mousse dessert on the table before he walks away and right as he is about to dig into the dish he sees a silver band placed on top.

He pulls it out; he licks it clean and then looks at it.

"You like it?" I begin "It has our initials engraved along with the night you told me you loved me" I tell him as I take deep breathes to calm my racing heart down.

"It’s wonderful" he tells me but still has a puzzled look on his face. "Does it represent something?" he questions me and I mentally prepare myself for a speech that is about to change the course of our relationship.

I take his hand and place it on the table in between mine.

"Baby, you know I love you and you love me right?!" he nods his head to affirm my statement. "Well I want to spend the rest of my life showing you how much you mean to me and how much I appreciate you. I guess what I’m saying is; will you marry me?" I ask, with a smile on my face and a certain level of confidence that he will give me the answer that I want.

"NO"
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...