Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Three

Recap: Professor McGonagall visited Rowyn and told her of Hogwarts, Rowyn excitedly accepted the invite and is now staying at the Leaking Cauldron. End.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues...

I wake the next day to a light knock at my door. I drowsily slide out of bed and open it. There stands a very burly man, quite large, at least eight or nine feet tall or something. He has dark brown shaggy hair that goes past his shoulders; he also has a beard to match! He is wearing a walnut brown button up shirt; it reminds me of what someone would wear during the renaissance without the ruffles of course. He has a large dark brown belt around his waist and walnut colored pants to match. His giant black boots makes me curl my toes at the thought of him accidentally stepping on my feet. Lastly, he is wearing a very large moleskin coat and I wonder who made him his clothes.
He fidgets for a moment before speaking, “Er, uh, hello Rowyn, I am Rubeus Hagrid, McGonagall asked me to take you shopping for your school supplies.”

I smile, “Sweet! Leme just get dressed and I’ll be down in a second!” He nods politely and I excitedly yank on a t-shirt with a robot on it and some flared blue jeans. (No I am not a skinny jean wearer). I grab my socks and black DC’s, and finally pull on my skull and cross bones jacket. After slapping on some makeup, I ran my fingers through my hair, grab my messenger bag, and then bounce out of my room and down the stairs to the restaurant part of the inn where Mr. Hagrid was waiting.

“Are ye ready to go, Rowyn?” He asks and stares down at me. All I can think of is a giant oak tree towering over a small sapling. I nod and we step out of the Leaky Cauldron, that is the name on the sign outside, I giggle as I read it. I tilt my head like a curious kitten as I take in my surroundings, the buildings, the people, and all the MAGIC. People are wearing those cloaks like what you see in movies. I never saw much, if any, of that in America. Of course, my parents didn’t take me to magical places like this. I think they want me to be in a tiny world with them.
Mr. Hagrid and I make our way to a shop called Flourish & Blotts, there are tons of books in the window. We enter and I gawk at the thousands of books lining the walls and tables and even some on the floors. “So this is neat and all but how am I supposed to find the books that I need?” I asked Mr. Hagrid and stare up at him.

“Well you ask the store owner a’course.” He says. I nod and I follow him to who I assume is the owner. All Mr. Hagrid did is hand over my list and the man goes to work immediately. Oh good because I would not have been able to find anything. After several minutes Mr. Hagrid, whom I find out just goes by Hagrid, pays for my books and we are off to Ollivander’s, which is a wand shop. Hagrid lets me go in by myself and I meet a curious man, Mr. Ollivander. I try several wands until finally one works, or doesn’t set things on fire anyway. I stick my wand inside my bag with my books and wander outside to meet back up with Hagrid. ‘Oh no, I don’t see him.’ I mentally begin to panic; I’m one of those people that has agoraphobia. For me that just means I begin having intense anxiety if I’m in a strange place without someone I know. (Though that’s just part of agoraphobia). I begin to bite my bottom lip and search more frantically for Hagrid.

As my heart rate increases slightly I slink partially between two shops and am able to breathe a bit better. I take a few deep breaths to calm my heart and smile to myself. I hear faint shouting down the alleyway close to where I am standing. I quietly make my way to the back of the shops and peak my head around the brick wall. There I spot a teenage boy sitting on the cold stone ground with his back against the back of some other store. He seems frightened, his breathing is ragged, and he’s staring up at someone. I tilt my head and blink a few times to try and see the person standing close to him better. (Thanks astigmatism).

The person I see is a tall male teen or young adult with blonde hair waving his wand in the boy on the ground’s face. ‘What the Hell is he doing?’ The blonde boy raises his wand and I shout instinctively, “No!” I quickly cover my mouth and the blonde snaps his attention to me allowing the other boy to get up and run away. The blonde, with an angry sneer hanging on his lips heads for me. ‘Oh shit’ My eyes grow wide and I take off back toward where all the people are. ‘Screw my mental problems, I’d rather be in a crowd right now.’ I get to the edge of the shops and am just about to step into a group of people passing by when I’m snatched backward and pushed into a wall. I grit my teeth in anger at whoever had the audacity to do so, I see the angry blonde.

“Perhaps you should mind your own business because if you don’t something bad might happen to you.”

I cock my head to the right a bit, “might that be a threat you little fool?” I grit my teeth, and clench my fists and it seems as though he does the same.

“How dare you. Would you like to see what I was about to do to that… filth?” His words drip with venom as his fierce blue eyes stare holes into me.
♠ ♠ ♠
My wand looks like Hermione's except it is white.