How Could I Make This More Poetic?

Chapter 4

I picked up the paper and looked at it. It was another letter from the person who was given my name in Creative Writing. But why would they give me another one? We were done this week’s.

Yesterday I saw you cry
And it made me want to be there.
I wanted to be the one to dry the tears,
I wanted to be the one to comfort you.

Whatever made you upset
Shouldn’t be that important
It shouldn’t make you have to worry about it

Keep your head held high,
And your smiles wide.
Keep your fears locked away,
And remember there are those that still care.

P.S. I’m sorry for whatever anyone said that made you that way.
I hope you feel better.
Creative Writing Dude(catchy name huh? I think so)


Was this person trying to help me? Gosh, that seemed so nice. I wish I knew who they were. Whoever this "Creative Writing Dude" is a great person. Even though this one wasn’t really a poem and just more of sentences listed, it still had the same effect, which was weird.

By the time I looked up there was no one in the halls. Oh no! I was late for the second day of homeroom! I dashed to the classroom only to run into a wall.

“Ouch,” I mumbled was I rubbed my back where I fell. I looked up to realize that it wasn't a wall. “Sorry.”

“No it was my fault,” I the person muttered and turned around. “Oh, hi Ayden,” he greeted me after he realized who I was.

“Jeff,” I growled/ whispered. “I better get going, I’m late.” With that I ran off. That was strange; he didn’t even make fun of me today. He must be sick.

I walked into the classroom and everyone’s eyes turned to me.

“You’re late!” the teacher, Mr. Narrow barked.

“I’m sorry. I forgot which class I was in first and went and sat in the wrong room,” I lied. I’d figure that since it was the second day of school then the old man would be able to fall for it. And lucky me; he did. I took my seat and Dylan stared at me.

The teacher was halfway through his lesson when a note landed on my desk.

Why were you late, Aydie? You’re never late. What’s wrong?

Dylan.

I’m fine. I was just wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn’t even realize that the bell had rang. I was even later when I accidentally bumped into someone and my things went slipping on the floor/

Thinking about what?

Stuff.

I wasn’t about to tell him about the letters. He was my best friend, but I couldn’t bring myself to it.

Aydie, why won’t you tell me?

Sorry Dyl, I just can’t. Don’t worry about it. It’s not something to worry about.

Is it about the shirt?

He was trying to cheer me up now. He knew that it defiantly wasn’t the shirt.

Yeah dude, it’s totally the shirt ^_^

I threw the paper back to his desk.

“What do we have here?” The teacher asked as he picked up the paper. “There is NO passing notes in MY classroom. Now if you would be so kind as to stop, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going to let you off with a warning because it is the second day of school. But, no more.” Dylan and I just nodded. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Tyler and Cassie laughing at us. When Narrow’s back was turned Dylan and I, at the same time, stuck our tongues at our beloved friends.

The bell rang and I tried to run out of the room as fast as I could. Mr. Narrow was giving Dylan and I dirty looks all class. It was the second day of school and I was already listed as a bad student in one my teacher’s books.

“Ayden,” Cassie stopped me. “Why were you late? You’re never late.”

“I know. I was just thinking about some stuff and lost track of time. It’s no big deal. I didn’t get in trouble. I just have to learn to not get so deep in thought before or in between classes.” My attempt at shrugging off the subject didn’t work.

“Ayden Elizabeth Summers, you better answer that question!” Tyler said sternly. I hated when he used my full name. My parents may have given me a first name that is usually associated with guy’s, but my middle, and essentially late name, made up for it.

“I can’t tell you. It’s nothing. I promise.” I saw Tyler’s eyes soften. He knew that I was hiding something, but he also knew that I wouldn’t say anything. We were closer than most cousins are. There was a reason why he was one of my best friends.

“Fine…just don’t, don’t do it again.” He looked down at the floor and then back up at me.

“I’ve got to get to class.” I told them and walked off. It was a good thing that they didn’t have next class with me, so I wouldn’t have to hear them go on and on about how I’ve never been late before. Unfortunately, it was also filled with a bunch of the kids that just live to make fun of me, Jeff being one of them.

I sat down in my assigned seat and laid my head into my arms on the desk. It was a nice five minute nap until the teacher finally decided to show up.

“Good morning class. I hope you’ve had a pleasant morning,” this awarded her grunts from all over the room. “Well, don’t all of you get excited at once. Today we are going to be working on partner work.” A few people’s head popped up and the chattering started up again. “Now before you get ahead of yourselves, I'm going to be assigning you partners.” What is this, group work week or something? That’s the second time I’ve heard that in the past two day. “I’m going to be passing out numbers and after I finish I want you to find your partner and sit next to them.” With that she brought around a small plastic trash can looking thing full of slips of paper. I open mine up and read ‘4’ “Now go find your partners.”

I saw everyone get up and start talking to people. I went up to everyone I seen and I could find my partner everywhere.

“Alright everyone, take a seat,” the teacher shouted. “Who couldn’t find theirs?” I raised my hand and looked around the classroom. My eyes stopped when I noticed Jeff had a huge smirk across his face along with a raised hand. Grrreat. My lucky day. “Well there you go,” the teacher smiled and quickly turned on her heel to grab a stack of papers on her desk.

Why was I partnered with him of all people? I have to deal with writing things to him for the rest of the semester in Creative Writing and know this. Someone is out to get me, I know it.

“Hey Summers,” Jeff smirked as he slid into the seat next to me.

“Belfield,” I growled.

“Aw, you don’t seem happy to be partnered up with me. Why is that?”

“Just drop the cocky attitude” I didn’t even look at him. If I did then I would expect to see the old Jeff sitting in that very seat, then I wouldn’t be able to say anything back at him. “I don’t want to be in a group with you as much as you don’t want with me, so I suggest we get through this with as little talking as possible.”

“Who says that I don’t want to be with you?”

“Jeff, just drop it,” I sighed and started listening to the teacher explain the project.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, yeah, yeah, that "poem" was extremely lame....but thanks for reading this story anyways
<3