Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Fourteen Jimmy

Chapter Fourteen
Jimmy

I finished hanging the last banner looking down towards Lexus and her human boyfriend Arin who had been visiting her this summer. Arin was a good kid, and the only human I didn’t feel tempted to kill.
“How does it look?”
I asked them as I climbed down.
“Perfect!”
Lexus beamed. Harlyn had come up with the idea of combining all the events Krissi missed into one big event with everyone who loved her nearby.

So we were holding our own mask ball for Krissi since she missed the Halloween Mask which was also her birthday party and a Christmas party for her. It was a great idea to be honest. After Night’s funeral, Harlyn and Brian had grown close as friends. Just like Valentine told me. I felt horrible about Night, but I knew the fates had been at work with what happened to him. And there was the feud between Harlyn and Aria. Which I was sure would get worse now that she and Brian were getting so close.

“Ok that’s perfect”.
Harlyn said as she finished the seating plan. I walked over to her smirking to myself.
“How can you tell?”
Harlyn sighed turning to me with her hands on her hips.
“The same way I can tell you should be rehearsing that little song of yours”.
Harlyn said as she handed the name cards over to Brian who started setting the cards out. I smirked at her shaking my head.
“Your sense of awareness is scary sometimes”.

Harlyn shrugged.
“I see it all in my head the way a psychic would, my other senses are ten times what yours are and you are a vampire who can throw lightning bolts at people”.
I laughed looking around the room the vibrant purples and golds really suited Krissi’s personality. I turned back to Harlyn.
“So you have everything figured out?”
Harlyn nodded.
“Krissi and I are going to have some seriously needed girl’s time. The other girls are taking care of picking up the cake and food, Athena is taking care of the guest list and Krissi’s grandma is taking care of the ceremony”.
I had almost forgotten about the ceremony. When an alchemist comes of age (18) they are given their wand. Krissi’s grandmother would be performing that ceremony as the elder of the family.
“Which means you guys need to work on that song more”.

I rolled my eyes at her.
“We will”.
I headed off nudging Brian.
“Hey, can we talk?”
Brian smirked at me.
“You sure you don’t wanna rip my face off anymore?”
I looked down sighing.
“Sorry about that”.
Brian laughed shaking his head.
“I would have done the same thing man. It’s weird but my bond to Krissi is kind of faded but kind of there still”.
He looked back towards Harlyn.
“There’s someone else I want to protect more than her now”.
I smiled at him.
“That’s good, we gotta practice”.
Brian nodded.
“I’ll be there soon”.

After many hours going through Krissi’s play lists I stumbled across one that was ladled “Songs I wish a guy would dedicate to me” Long title I don’t know how I missed it. But I came across the perfect song, the song that defined how I felt about Krissi and how I knew she felt about me. “Right Here in my Arms” by H.I.M. Mind you I had to teach Matt how to use the keyboard right and Arin was filling in on drums so I could sing the song to her instead of Matt. It was a work in progress we were all kind of rusty.
“Hey guys”.
I said coming in and man hugging Matt. He smiled at me.
“I think I’ve got it figured out”.
I laughed.
“Keep telling yourself that”.
Zacky laughed as I took my place. Brian wasn’t far behind me.

“So, do you know when she’s getting out?”
Johnny asked as he finished tuning his bass. I nodded as I held the mic in my hand.
“Yeah, Athena sent her home today actually. I hope she doesn’t think I’m avoiding her. I mean she’s been through hell and then was in a coma. Maybe I should have been there for her”.
Matt smiled at me.
“Grandma told me she’s got it covered you can trust her Jimmy she won’t let Krissi think anything bads going on”.
Brian walked into the room with his guitar.
“Ok let’s get this over with. I’ve got napkins to fold”.
We all looked at him. Zacky smirked at him.
“Wow! Who are you and what have you done with Brian?”
Brian fake laughed flipping him off jokingly. Matt snickered.
“I feel weird standing back here. Can I just say that?”

I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Shut up and play, we’ve gotta be perfect for Krissi”.
We began working the song and it actually sounded good. Arin wasn’t that bad on drums and was able to keep up with us. It was weird how this human blended in with us vampires. After for sixth time of practicing the song we got it right. I just hoped it was perfect for Krissi. She deserved the best and I really wanted her to know how I felt about her. We made our way out of the hall and locked up. As I turned to leave I saw them.
“Aren’t those the loser vamps who are in Aria’s new coven?”
I said looking at Brian who rolled his eyes.
“You mean Jackal and Hyde?”

I laughed.
“Tell me those aren’t their names”.
Brian smirked as we walked.
“I wish I could man. Sadly the classic character has been reduced to a pair of vampire assholes”.
Matt rolled his eyes at them as we kept walking.
“Who’s the meal?”
Jackal or Hyde said, I didn’t know who was who. Arin looked at them.
“I didn’t realize The Sevenfold clan played with their food”.
The other one said.
“We don’t Arin is a member of our group. You got a problem with him you got a problem with us”.
Matt said firmly. We all nodded in agreement with him. Arin taking a step back from them.
“Ok, who are these guys? Do they work at Hot Topic or something?”

I laughed.
“No, they are vampires like us. And very gothic ones at that. I suppose you could say they are the reason we are stereotyped as being well, like they are”.
Jackal or Hyde I still hadn’t determined who was who narrowed his eyes at us.
“The Raven clan doesn’t reduce themselves to mingling with food”.
My eyes narrowed at them as I moved forwards.
“Raven Clan?”
I looked between them.
“What did you assholes just call yourself?”
Jackal I’m guessing, Smirked at me stepping forwards grinning at me.
“You heard us Jimmy”.
He then gave one flickering look to Arin before walking away.

“Is anyone else freaked out by them or is it just me?”
Zacky said watching them walk away. I narrowed my eyes at their backs.
“Looks like we have ourselves a rival clan boys. And I have a feeling their working for the real enemy. I mean their name is a dead giveaway”.
I said turning back to them.
“Like hiding in plain sight”.
Matt said shaking his head.
“We’ll have to tell Valentine about them. For now let’s get back, I’m exhausted and we have an even longer day ahead of us”.

We all got into the car letting Arin stay with us while he was visiting Lexus. I took out my phone wanting to call Krissi really badly. But I knew if I did, Harlyn would kill me. She had this whole grand entrance thing planned for the party. I looked out the window as the night passed us by. I was looking forward to seeing Krissi again and holding her in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3