Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Eight Jimmy

Chapter Eight
Jimmy

I ran my hands back through my hair as I paced in Athena’s office. Harlyn had called me and told me what happened. She was gone, just like that. Vanished off the face of the earth. Her wallet and cell phone were all that was left. I continued my pacing while Amanda sobbed in Matt’s arms. Avery clung to Zacky burying her face in his chest while Alexus sobbed softly into her palm hunching forward looking like she was going to be sick. Night was gone, when he heard what happened with Krissi he took it as a personal failure and bolted before I could catch up to him. Athena hung up the phone and sighed looking exasperated.

“What?”
I said sounding more scared then I wanted to. Athena looked at me rising to her feet.
“Vampire council and Alchemist Council are dead locked. One council is for rallying troops to find her and the other is against it. Because there is an even number on both council’s they remain deadlocked”.
Athena explained.

I growled slamming my fist into the wall. Matt got up coming to my side as I hung my head.
“Don’t they know who she is?”
I roared looking back at her.
“If she’s so important to our salvation why wouldn’t they all want to risk everything to find her?”
Athena frowned at me clasping her hands together.
“To do this would be exposing what she is”.
She said and I narrowed my eyes at her.
“Who fucking cares! Raven knows she’s alive again! Who knows what he’s done to her now!”
“It wasn’t Raven”.
Harlyn spoke in a dead tone. I turned realizing that Krissi wasn’t the only one keeping things from me. My eyes narrowed and I closed in on Harlyn.
“Tell me everything now!”
Harlyn sighed as she turned her head away from me.
“It isn’t my place”.

I grabbed her shoulders roughly and her head snapped back in my direction.
“Jimmy!”
Johnny warned. I kept my eyes narrowed at her.
“Tell me Harlyn or I will shake it out of you!”
Harlyn squared her shoulders facing me now.
“All I know is that Krissi created the vampires, when Raven grabbed me some of his memories entered my mind. It was like I absorbed them”.

My hands fell from her shoulders, Athena turned to her raising her eyebrows.
“Harlyn. This is a hundred year old mystery, why would you not come forward with this?”
Harlyn sighed shaking her head lightly.
“Because Krissi freaked out, she didn’t want anyone else to know. It scared her and honestly I think she felt bad like she had somehow cursed Jimmy and all the other vampires to eternal life without rest”.
I sighed letting her go, that made sense with the grief she had been feeling when I saw her. The way she couldn’t look me in the eye. Athena sighed turning back to Harlyn.

“I believe you have an affinity for tracking your High Priestess”.
“High Priestess?”
I questioned. Athena nodded.
“The creation and daughter of Nyx herself is of course High Priestess of both Alchemist and Vampires. Her powers will evolve and grow beyond anything even I believed possible. Which is why Raven is making his move now. She hasn’t started actually using magic yet. She is weak which means she can’t fight back”.

I growled inwardly cursing the fact that Night left without me again. I crossed my arms pacing the room again.
“Harlyn try to get some sleep and see if you can locate her. Everyone else. Please attend to your business as usual. We don’t want anyone to start a panic”.
With everyone agreed I followed Alexus and Harlyn from the room. I set up a chair in the room sitting down and waiting for Harlyn to get to sleep. I needed to find Krissi before harm came to her. But a feeling in the pit of my stomach told me it would be months before I got a hint of where my Jail bate was.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3