Status: Working Hard! Suggestions and Ideas are welcomed!

Everything You Want

I'm Moving On

a/n: the first couple of chapters will be nothing but flashbacks of certain events. I wanted to show what happened between Alexis and Beau. But the story will be set in 2012 after the flashbacks are over. I just wanted to clear that up before anyone got confused.

*7 months Later: December 2009*

The move from Gardena to Pittsburgh was long. I wish I had the super power where I can just teleport to your destination. But one the way there, I hit a bird. It was all the bird fault, I swear! Stupid fucking bird pooped on me! And when I pumped gas into my car, I got hit on by a bunch of dudes. Men these days can't keep to themselves.

But the only one not on board with me moving across the country was my mom. I had a great relationship with my mom. We shared everything together. We were more friends than mother and daughter. She was there for me when Devon or Beau couldn't be. My mom made me apply to schools in California. I don't get me wrong, schools here in California are nice, but I want to explore. So when I told her I was accepted into University of Pittsburgh, she flipped out. She proclaimed that I was too young too make this decision on my own. But I defended myself and said " I know I'm young mom but I need to go and find myself and find what I want from life. I don't want to waste my life away here in California!" Which I shouldn't of said the last part because it sparked an argument. My mom and I rarely get into arguments. Words were said. Things were shouted that we most defiantly regret saying. The last thing I heard my mom scream at me was "You're only running away from your problems!" She was right. I'm only running away because of Beau. I figured it would give relief. But my mom doesn't clearly understand me. So that night, I fell asleep crying.

I remember my first day at University of Pittsburgh. I was lost and you could tell I was. Now, i was told that high school is different from college, but with the glares and whispering from other students, made me feel like I was in high school over again. I just wanted to go to my dorm and unpack, but I didn't know where it was. I wasn't brave enough to ask for directions, so I just followed this one girl. I quickly found out that I shouldn't of followed her. I won't go into details why. Just know that she did something that she should be ashamed of. I sighed and sat down on the bench near by. I must of been there for 5 minutes before I heard:

"Do you need any help? You look lost"

I looked up and saw this pretty girl with brown hair and blue eyes. And better yet, she has a southern accent is amazing!

"Yeah, actually. I'm looking for the dorms."

"I can take you straight there!" She said "My name is Sapphire but you can call me Fire"

"My name is Alexis" I said.

"Say, you looks rather familiar," Fire said "I've seen you before but I can't place it."

"I figure skate. I went to Japan last year for competition" I said smiling from ear to ear. I could never see me doing something else. It was always figure skating.

"Well here we are," Fire said "What room are you?"

"Room 107" I reply

"Oh my goodness! Were dorm mates!" Fire shouted excitiedly. I wanted to know what she was on and if I can have some for myself.

"Awesome Sauce"

That was the day I made my first friend in college. I'd still be looking for the dorms if she hadn't of said anything to me that day. I'm thankful her though.

"Earth to Alexis... You got practice" Fire said shaking me awake. I hated mornings just like all other people do. I was thankful I signed up for afternoon classes and not morning classes. I groaned and looked at the clock. It read 6:35 am. I hated waking up early, but if I wanted to be on the Olympic team, I was going to have to dedicate all my free time to figure skating. My coach Lisa says my chances of getting on the team are great, so that keeps the hope alive.

~~~~~~

It was well after practice but I couldn't bring myself to get off the ice.

"Puck for your thoughts Alexis?" A voice said bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw Sidney shaking over to me.

"Its just overwhelming"

"What is?"

"I just graduated high school 7 months ago. I just started college and I don't even know my major, then on top of that, having the slight chance to be on the women's figure skating Olympic team!" I sighed and rubbed my face. "And then there's exams!"

"I know its a lot to take in. Trust me, when I first got drafted into the NHL, I was without a doubt nervous"

"Sidney Crosby? Nervous? that's something new!" I said with a chuckle. In the short amount of time I've known Sidney, I've not once seen him get nervous. It was like he was made of iron or something.

"Alright... Someone once told me you just got to take the bull by the horns and go for the crazy ride." Sidney said placing a hand on my shoulder. He towered over my 5'4 frame.

"But I've seen my competition skate before! The chances of me getting on the team are very slim to none. They look so perfect on the ice. So beautiful and so graceful"

"Alexis listen, psyching yourself out isn't going to help any. I've seen you on the ice before and you were an angel. Hence the reason why the guys and I call you the "Ice Angel," Sidney said "Every time I see you on this ice, I see passion, compassion, and commitment. I see that you want this so much. So go out and get it and don't let anyone or anything stop you from getting on that team! Besides, I need someone I know in Vancouver"

"Awe, that was a nice speech Crosby...so touching. I must go now because this girl has a test to study for tomorrow." I said shaking off the ice.

"Good luck on the test!" Sidney shouted at me as I left consol.