Status: Working Hard! Suggestions and Ideas are welcomed!

Everything You Want

Here's Your One Chance Fancy, Don't Let Me Down Part 2

*2 Months Later: February 2010* (continuing...)

I remember the I left for Vancouver. I remember seeing my mom cry. Hell, even my brother cried and he hardly cries. Well there was this one time where we had a goldfish named George and Devon forgot to feed him so he died. George’s funeral happened to be to be the saddest but funniest thing ever. Yeah it was sad but there was something funny about flushing a dead fish down the toilet. So whenever he had a pet fish, it wasn’t the same.

When word got out on campus about me going to the Olympics, my name was known all over the place. People came up to me and asked for my autograph. I didn’t deny them a picture and a autograph but it was weird for me to have someone ask me for such a thing. They didn’t even know what my sport was. Regardless of them knowing, they wished me luck.

"Earth to Alexis!"

"What? Who?" I said looking away from the window. Canada is really beautiful for those who haven’t been there.

"We’re Here" Lisa said. I got up from my seat and grabbed my things. Once I got on land, I turned my phone on and I had a text from Sidney

Sidney: I hope you had a safe flight!

Alexis: I did thank you for asking. Who knew Canada looked so pretty from high in the air!

"Alexis, you’ll be rooming with Rachael," Lisa paused "We have practice tomorrow at 6 am sharp. Your short program isn’t until the 23rd. If you have any questions you have my number"

"Alright!" I said as I waved Lisa goodbye. She had her own room. I walked up to my room to see that Rachael was already there.

"Hi I’m Alexis!"

"Hey! I’m Rachael"

From there I knew we’d be pretty good friends. We exchanged numbers incase if one of us got lost in the Olympic park or if we needed someone to talk to.

"Wait until you meet the men’s team!" Rachael said excitedly.

"What’s so exciting about the men’s team?" I ask curiously.

"Let me tell you now, Evan is super cute!" She said as she pulled my arm towards the door. We go a few doors down and Rachael knocks on the door. Seconds later, a cute guy answered the door.

"Hey Rachael can I help you?"

"Not really. But I wanted to introduce you to Alexis here!"

"I know who she is Rachael. She’s a amazing skater" Evan said.

"Thanks! It means a lot to hear that."

"Evan who’s at the door?" Someone shouted from inside the room.

"Johnny its just Rachael and Alexis…Our team mates"

Then Johnny Weir came from around the corner. I could only smile. He’s one of my favorites. He’s also an idol of mine. The way he carries himself on the ice is just beautiful and his programs are just breath taking.

"I’m Alexis"

"I’m Johnny. But I’m sure you knew that"

"Yeah, I’m a big fan actually. I love all your programs. They’re just absolutely amazing! Flawless!" I said smiling. I couldn’t wipe the grin I had on my face.

"Why thank you! I’ve seen you skate before, and I must say you take me a run for my money" Johnny chuckled.

My idol, Johnny Weir, just implied that I could be a better skater than he was. It definitely filled me with confidence. My phone ruined the moment the moment. I looked at my phone and see that I have a text message from Sidney.

Sidney: Hey! I hope everything is going well for the American. All jokes aside, I got a few people that want to meet you. Think you can stop by? We’ll be in the café.

"Well duty calls. it was nice meeting you gentlemen" I said.

"Like wise Alexis" Evan said and Johnny smiled.

Alexis: Yeah I can, I’ll be there in 5 minutes.

Canada lived in a whole different building than team USA. Which sucked because Team Canada had some pretty hot athletes. Not saying that team USA didn’t have nay cute athletes. I mean look at Patrick Kane for god's sake. The guy can grow a pretty cool mullet if you ask me. Anyway, I made the short walk to the café. The café was open to all athletes. I quickly heard Sidney’s weird, but really funny laugh. I looked to where I heard it, and I see him sitting with Flower and a few other people.

Alexis: I see you!

I texted to Sidney. He looked around the room looking for me.

Sidney: I know you’re here! Where are you?
Alexis: Did you check in your dreams?
Sidney: Hardy har har. Where are you?
Alexis: I’m right behind you

Sidney quickly turned around and gave me a tight hug. Maybe a little to tight for my liking.

"Sidney, I love you but I like to breathe sometime today!" I said. I heard some of the guys chuckle. I can’t help that I’m just that funny. I should be a comedian.

"You going to introduce us Crosby?"

"Right! Alexis this is Jonathan and his friends and team mates back in Chicago; Patrick, Duncan, and Brent. Then there’s Patrice who plays for the Boston Bruins. And of course you know Flower and Eric"

"It's nice meeting you gentlemen" I said.

"Its a pleasure!," Jonathan said "What's your sport?"

"Figure Skating. I've been doing it since I was about 2 or 3 years old" I smiled big. When I was a little girl, I had a big head and a small body. But now that I've grown, my head has gotten smaller and my body has gotten bigger. I was an odd child really.

"How long have you known Fleury and Crosby?" Patrick asked.

"Sometime around mid august. It was before I started college at university of Pittsburgh."

The guys were definitely very curious about me. But they kept firing questions and I wasn't going to be rude, so I answered them all.

~~~~~~

Today was February 23rd. The day of my short program. I was nervous. I was scared. I felt like I was going to puke. This wasn't like any other competition. This was the Olympics! The big leagues. This is where legends are made!

Sidney: I'm sorry that I can't make it to your short program. But me and the guys will definitely be there for your free skate.
Alexis: Its okay Sidney. I totally understand. But I'm scared Sidney. What if I slip and fall?! Each fall is a point deduction!
Sidney: You'll do fine. Remember Ice Angel, breathe in and let it out and kick ass

I had to laugh. If Sidney wasn't a hockey player, he'd be great at motivational speaking. As a figure skater, I had my own pre-rituals. Before we leave the hotel to go the rink, I'll brush my teeth for the second or third time of that day. Who doesn't want a nice, clean minty mouth when skating?Anyway, I gather my things and leave with Lisa.

Mom: Me and Devon are in the crowd. I'm so proud of you!
Alexis: Thanks mom. Lisa and I are on our way there right now.
Mom: Keep and eye out for bright pink shirts. You can't miss it.
Alexis: Alright mom.

We get to the rink and I can already hear the crowd. I gulped and feared the worst, me slipping and falling on my ass and eating ice. I didn't want that! Then again, no one wanted that especially when its the Olympics. Lisa and I set our things down. I quickly looked for my mom and Devon and it wasn't hard to find them. They stuck out like a sore thumb. I looked around some more and saw other athletes. It was nice for other athletes to come out and support their team mates.

After warm ups, Rachael went first. It was always rough going first after warm ups. You didn't rest up like the other skaters. Rachael's jumps was spot on. Her short program was amazing. She finished with the score of 64.64. Which was really impressive. I watched skater after skater. Each one was more impressive than the other. Each one's score was higher than the other. I again gulped. I wish Sidney could attend, but he couldn't. He always knew what to say to calm me down. Then Beau popped into my mind. The thought him in my mind, made my body all fuzzy and warm.

"Alright Alexis, we've been working long and hard at this for months. Go out there and kick some ass" Lisa said pulling me in to look me in the eyes. I nodded knowing she was confident in me.

"Representing the USA, Alexis Thatcher!" The voice announcer said.

I smiled real big and did a warm up lap around the ice. I skated to center ice and got into position. The music started and then I started to dance to the beat. The song was walking on sunshine by Katrina and The Waves. The song instantly always put me in a good mood. When it came to my first jump, I was little nervous. I quickly reassured myself and landed the jump beautifully. I knew from the first jump, I'd be fine. From there, it went smooth sailing. Once my program ended, I bowed and waved to the crowd. I looked up in the crowd to see my mom wiping her tears and Devon holding her. Everyone hates seeing their mom cry. When I saw my mom cry, it almost made me want to cry. I skated over to the door to be greeted by Lisa with a hug and my team USA jacket. I sat on the bench with Lisa and awaited my score.

"Short program score please"

I got the technical element score of 40.80 and the program comp score of 34.56 making a total of 75.36. Its one of my personal best for short program.

"For Alexis Thatcher, she has earned 75.36," The voice announcer said "Alexis Thatcher is in second place!"

"She's a remarkable skater John, she really is. She's done a lot in the past months like graduate from high school and started college while she was preparing for the Olympics. How she does it is beyond me! But she has earn her spot in the last group for Free skate on Thursday" The commentator said.

Everything was going well for me. I felt on top of the world. Little did I know all of that happiness would come crashing down with a phone call.
♠ ♠ ♠
Figure Skating Dress: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/227642956139597783/
Hair: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/205758276700773480/
Make-Up: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/332773859937286838/

Short Program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En17b-Itq54