Status: Working Hard! Suggestions and Ideas are welcomed!

Everything You Want

Here’s Your One Chance Fancy, Don’t Let Me Down Part 3

*February 25th, 1:35 am*

I was sleeping perfectly. Which is quite strange, because of all the stress that’s floating in and around the Olympics. But I can feel the pressure of needing to be perfect. I vowed to myself not to let the pressure get to me. I was dreaming about being in the middle of a chocolate field, like willy wonka and chocolate factory field, when my phone wake me up.

“Who in their right mind would be calling at this god forsaken hour?” I mumbled into the pillow. I sat up, turned on the lamp and grabbed my phone and answered It. “Hello?”

“Hey dear!” It was my grandma Iris. Yes, like the flower. I was taken back when I heard her sniffle. I was immediately alert. I was always concerned about my grandma and grandpa. Before I left for Vancouver, my grandpa had been admitted to the hospital because he was sick really bad. I really wanted to stay with him since he's my rock, but he claimed going to the Olympics was a once in a lifetime.

“What’s wrong grams?” I asked.

“I- I can’t tell you. You’ll be distracted”

“Grandma, I love you and you know I love figure skating, But family comes first” I said being serious.

“You’ll make a good mother someday” My grandma said, trying to change the subject. I wasn’t buying it.

“Grandma!”

“Your grandfather has passed away…”

When I heard that, I froze up. I was clearly not ready for her to say that.

“You still there?”

“Yeah, when? Does mom know?”

“Around 1. She knows and she’s getting the first flight out. Devon will still be there to support you.”

“That’s understandable. I’m going to try to get some sleep grandma. My free skate is later today”

“I’m sorry to dump this on you especially today. I wish you nothing but luck”

“Thanks grandma, I’m going to need all the luck I can get”

“I love you. Grandpa would be so proud of you. Make him even more proud of you and win gold!”

“I can try my best. I love you, bye”

“I love you to, bye”

I hung up the phone and tried to process the information she just told me. I just couldn’t believe that my beloved grandpa had passed away. I was extremely close to him. Even though I hated lady bugs with a passion, he still called me his little lady bug. He was there for my first competition. He was there for my first medal. He was just there for everything. Hell, he was there to my "father figure" when my dad left.

I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom and see that I’ve been crying. I wipe the tears and they kept on coming. I couldn’t stop the tears, so I didn’t try to stop them. I backed to the wall, and slid down and pulled my knees to my chest. I had no desire to do my free skate later. I just wanted to go home and crawl into bed. No, not Pittsburgh but California. I wanted to called Sidney or Flower, but I knew they was probably tired from practice. I certainly didn’t want to be a burden on Evan and Johnny. Never in my life have I felt alone and that night, I cried myself to sleep.

*The next morning*

I was being shaken gently to get up. I didn’t get up. I just wanted to stay in bed.

“You’re awake! We got prac- what's wrong?" Rachael asked. I dug my face more into the pillow. I probably looked liked death warmed over.

"Nothings wrong Rachel" I said. I think she knew I wasn't okay.

"No, you're not okay. Want to talk about it?" Rachael said sitting on my bed.

"I got a call from my grandma around 1:30 saying that my grandpa had passed away." I said If I thought I was done crying, I was clearly wrong. because I began to cry all over again.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that." Rachael said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "What are you going to do about your Free skate?"

"Well I want to go home to California"

"YOU'RE GIVING UP?" Rachael raised her voice. I flinched. "You've mentioned working so hard getting here and you're just going to be a coward and give up? Un-believable!!!" She said, leaving the room mad. I must have fallen asleep because my phone woke me up for the second time that day. I groaned and saw that Sidney was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"In my room, where else would I be. Why?"

"I was told by Rachael that you wanted to give up and go home to California. Care to explain what she's talking about?"

"I'm just home sick, you know?"

"There isn't something else you want to tell me? Like the passing of your grandfather?"

"She told you that, didn't she?" I mumbled. I mentally cursed to myself for telling her.

"Yes she did. Flower and I are on our way up to your room to talk some sense into you!"

Sidney kept to his word because not even 5 minutes later, there was a knock on the door. I didn't even bother with getting off the floor to answer the door.

"Come in"

Sidney and Flower came in and saw on the floor with me.

"What's going on in that brain of yours?" Flower asked, poking me in the head.

"A lot actually. With this being the Olympics, my first one keep in mind, I can just feel the pressure to be perfect. So when I got that call from my grandma saying my grandpa passed, I- I guess I wasn't ready for it"

"We can't always be prepared for the passing of a loved one. When they pass on, you can't just stop and brake down and shut everyone out. I don't think your grandfather would like it if you just threw in the towel after working hard as hell to get here" Sidney said.

"Sidney's right. Do you want to do your grandpa proud?" Flower told me.

"Of course! What kind of question is that!" I shouted.

"Then do your free skate. I know you must be in pain Alexis, but like you always said, "I'm going to pick myself up, dust the ice off, and skate on because the show must go on"..." Sidney smiled, quoting me.

"Were you two motivational speakers in your past life?" I said cracking a smile. These two, I swear. I thanked god I had them.

"There's the smile we know and love!" Sidney said.

*Hours Later*

The nerves were running high. It felt as if the walls were closing in on me. I put my hand to my chest and felt that my heart was beating though my chest. I began to breathe in, and let it out slow to help me relax. I was waiting out in the hall for Sidney and Flower.

"Alexis!" I turned around and saw Sidney and Flower walking my way with the men's ice hockey team for team Canada. I was totally shocked that they would even come. I would've never thought I'd be friends with huge hockey players. Then all of a sudden I felt someone hug me. I didn't know who hugged me, but I hugged them back.

"Kaner I think she doesn't want you suffocating her"

"Sorry Tazer, I just wanted her to know that I'm sorry for her loss"

"Thanks Patrick, really. I do appreciate it" I said.

"You going to be okay?" Sidney asked. I'm honestly never going to be ready. At least not with what happened hours prior.

"Honestly, no." I said, looking at the group of men in front of me.

"Just think about how your grandfather and how proud he'd be if you won the gold!" Jonathan said.

"I'm just more concerned because I can't afford to fall. Each fall is a point deducted from your final score and having the best skaters in the Olympics, I. can't. afford. to. fall!!!" I said. I honestly don't think these guys know how serious this is.

"Alexis, you ready?" Lisa said, coming up to us.

"As ready as I'll ever be" I said as I took off my team usa jacket. I got the attention from the guys quickly. I was in one my newer dresses. It was long sleeved, white with ruffles and feathers and the right amount of sparkle and glitter. Needless to say, It looked like I killed a bird for this dress.

"Go big or go home, eh?" I said with a smile. While Sidney and Flower and the rest of the guys went to sit with Devon, I went to the ice for warm-ups. I waved to them as a skated by. Then warm ups were over and I took a seat in the hall. I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Sidney and let him know I was going last.

Alexis: Hey I hate to bare the bad news but I'm going last.
Sidney: That's okay. They saved the best for last.

I smiled. Its true, they did saved the best for last. I was looking at my phone when I felt someone sit next to me. It was none other than Rachael.

"Alexis, I wanted to apologize for me screaming at you this morning. I know you must be in pain and I probably made it worse huh? I can't even begin to imagine what your going through right now."

"Rachael, yes you screaming didn't help. But I can see why you did it"

"You do?"

"Yeah, we've been living together for nearly a month now and we became the best of friends. Friends only want to see friends succeed even though they are going against each other"

"I can see where you're coming from. I hope you can forgive me"

"Of course I can! But you better give me a challenge!"

"You betcha!"

We hugged each other. Soon she was called out on the ice. I breathe in and let it out slow. I'm close to Olympic greatness. I can just taste the glory a gold medal will bring me. I wanted this now more than ever and I wasn't planning on backing down. Before I knew it, I was out on the ice. I did my usual lap around the ice. I got into the center and got into position. I was ready to do my best and make my grandpa proud.

The music started off slow. As the beat began to pick up, I moved more fluidly. I skated around a little bit before getting into position to do my first jump. I think everyone knew I was scared to do it. I did my first jump and landed it almost perfect.

"She landed it fine but she nearly fell" said the commentator.

"Its up to the judges rather to take off a point. Alexis has been through so much in so so little time. I can't even begin to imagine what the poor girl is going through"

"She's a strong girl. I know she wants noting more than to make him proud"

Those commentators were right. I want nothing more than to make him proud and happy. My free skate was nearly over. I had one last jump and one last spin combination. When it came to do my last jump, I dug down deep, and launched myself into the air. When I came down, I landed it perfectly. I smiled ear to ear. I felt like as if I had won the lottery. Soon, my Olympic free skate was over. I knew from that moment I had just won Olympic gold. I just balled up my fist and threw them in the air and began to cry. I looked around and everyone was out of their seats. As I skated over bench, I see a small plush peguin thrown onto the ice. I laughed because I knew Sidney and Flower had something to do with it. I sat down between Evan and Johnny on the bench. They each gave me a hug.

"Free skate score please?" The voice announcer said. The whole place grew quiet awaiting for my score. I could hear crickets its that quiet.

"Alexis Thatcher's free skate score is 155.10. Her overall score is 230.46 making her in 1st place"

I began to jump up and down with joy. I just won the gold and let me tell you, it feels damn good! I felt my teammate's pat me on the back. I looked behind me to Meryl and Charlie, who were holding the usa flag;

"Can I borrow this?" I asked.

"Sure, have at it champion!" Charlie said handing me the flag. I walked over to the door and drapped the flag across the my back as I got on the ice. I skated around the rink and waving the flag up and down. I stopped in the middle and looked up.

"I hope I made you proud gramps" I thought to myself. I had my awesome victory lap. I had to get off the ice so they can start the medal ceremony.

I watched as Mao Asada (Japan) get her bronze and I watched as Kim Yuna (Korea) get her sliver. I bent forward so the man can slip the gold around my neck. I looked at my new accessory and smiled. Then the national anthem of America played as the flag rose. After, I waved to the crowd from the podium and I stopped at Sidney and gave him a wink. My life at this moment was great. I had the best family I could ever ask for. I had the best group of friends supporting me through this tragedy. This moment was going to be with me for the rest of my life and I could not ask for more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Figure Skating Dress: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/227642956139572188/
Hair: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/227642956139648608/
Make-up: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/400116748116736559/

Free Skate Program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vznfBlHst-A&list=PL8pHBiHm00kT8Mt8KVQREdTUI1JxlX_i1&index=2