Status: enjoy reader's ;P

The Love We Once Had

2|Talking Tattoos

I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name silenced my demons. -Christopher Poindexter

Finally, it was the end of the school day. I literally ran through the school gates, hoping to miss most of the slutty girls who lingered around the school like a bad odor, looking for someone to stick to. I walk up to a nearby tree and lean my bodyweight against its rough bark. I keep an eye out for Porter being as he could probably do with a lift back home.

I bite my bottom lip as the need for a cigarette kicks in. I had given up smoking, it being as a filthy habit and because it seriously affected your health. I even tried to encourage Porter to quit but he took no interest; he still smokes more than a fucking chimney though.
"Yo!" Porter smiles, punching my arm.

"What took you so fucking long?" I moan as I inhale the smoke from his cigarette.
"Jason kept me chatting" he shrugged taking another puff. Man that cigarette looked so good. I laughed knowing very well when Jason starts talking it's very hard to get him to shut up.
"So anyway" I say looking into his big blue eyes
"I need your advice on something."

He raised an eyebrow as he lifted that fucking cigarette to his plumped lips again "go on."
"Well I want a tattoo" I smirk knowing very well he hated them.
"What?" He coughed almost choking on a cloud of smoke he had just taken in. I laughed, hitting my back against the rough bark behind me.

"I don't think it's funny Nico. Why would you want ink all over your beautiful skin?" He hissed throwing his bag on the floor and stomping it out with his Nike trainers.
"My beautiful skin?" I question, confused I didn't now he took notice of my skin...
"Y-you know what I mean," he said as his red face stared at the ground. "What kinda tattoo were you thinking of anyway?"

"Hmmm well I was gonna get your name written across my chest" I smirk while not taking my eyes off of him.

"Shut up" he laughed as he pushed me away from him and started hitting my back, his face a deep red.

"I’m sorry, I’m sorry!" I giggle grabbing his wrists.

His eyes looked up and met mine and a small smile appeared on his face, at that moment he looked like an angel, small and fragile .

"Please don't get a tattoo."

"Fuck off Porter" I grin pushing him away from me.
“I'm getting one and that's the end of it."

"Fine but trust me you're gonna regret it" he moans.

"Okay dad" I tease.

We start making our way up to my car and when we finally reach it Porter quickly jumps in as he spots Jason walking our way.
"Get in before he sees you!"

"Why? I'm sure he would love to have a chat with us maybe I should ask him for a lift home?" I joke while walking over to the driver side and jumping in. He pulls out a cigarette and slips it between his lips but if he thinks he can smoke in my car he can think again.

"I'll be taking that" I smirk grabbing the bud out his mouth and throwing it out the window. He sinks back into the car seat, crossing his arms and sulking, as I start the engine.
"Can we go back to your place? My mom will be home and I'm not in the mood to listen to her shit" he asks after switching on the radio.

"She's only trying to look out for you ya know?" I say trying to focus on the road
"Yeah I know but she can be a real bitch sometimes" he moaned changing the song that was on.
"For fuck sake Porter will you shut up and just be happy you have a mom!" I snap. I feel my face burning and my skin starts to itch, some people don't know how lucky they are. My mom,Karen, had died last year when she lost her fight with cancer; it tore my family apart. Especially my dad, he hasn't been the same since and when you're the oldest son you don't have time to properly grieve. My dad shut us all out so it was left to me to take care of the family.

"I'm sorry Nico I wasn't thinking" Porter murmurs as he stares through the window, watching the wind blow leaves all over the place causing madness for the people walking.
"It's okay porter" I smile , turning to face him for a split second before concentrating back on the road. I just couldn't be angry with him, after all he was my rock when mom died, he was there when I needed him most. He watched me cry myself to sleep and he was there when the pain of waking up without her came.

I think if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have ever coped with her death.
He gave me love. He was my love .
♠ ♠ ♠
(Author's Note :so chapter two :) haha this chapter is done by my lovely co-writer, he actually did Nico, as the character, so all the Nico's pov's were his, just so you know. comment lovelies, I'd love to know what you think.

Edited