Status: Put On Hold For Now... Sorry

Captain vs Captain

Rookie Camp... Oh The Joy

Ever since was drafted, the NHL exploded. My name was coming out of everyone's mouth. I don't know if I should feel flattered that they are talking about me or if I should feel a little weirded out. But none the less, they were talking about me. They was saying I was a monster on the ice and that I could be just as good if not better than Crosby. Crosby may be a good player, but I believe I'm slightly better and that's not meaning to come across cocky.

Another thing that's changed, is my twitter followers. I've gone from about 15 to nearly 10,000. That's more than I ever thought I would ever have ever. With gaining so many followers, came haters. Like I predicted, people told me I didn't belong in the NHL. That a tiny little girl shouldn't play with the big boys. Well I can tell you right now that I'm far from small. I'm 5'10 and weigh 135 pounds. I just want to punch them and then say, how small am I now?

---

Rookie Camp... Oh the Joy. I kind of hated rookie camp, but then again I didn't. The only good thing to come out of Rookie camp was that you got to meet the team. When I found out we'll be meeting the team, I got excited but I kept my cool. I didn't want my future teammates to think I was freak. But anyway, the other rookies don't talk to me. I know they are talking about me because they aren't very quite enough. They are saying that I had my father paid someone to get me into the draft and that I belong in the kitchen. I know one place where my foot belongs...up their ass. We was told once we got dressed in our gear, to head out to the ice. After I got dressed, I made sure all my stuff was in my duffle bag. I didn't care that the other rookies were talking about me, but I do care about my personal belongings and I'd like to keep them. Then I headed out to the ice. Since I was the first one out, I took the bucket of pucks and dumped them on the ice. I separated one puck and went in wide and shot it top left shelf. I continued to shoot pucks until I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and saw Coach and the team.

"See what did i tell you boys! She's a natural!"

"Thanks, I guess"

"No, he's right. I think you could be better than Crosby" The guy paused. I made a disgusted face. "Oh I like this girl already! I'm Alexander Ovec-"

"Ovechkin... I know" I smile. Me and Ovechkin had one for sure thing in common. We both hated Sidney Crosby. Soon the rest of the rookie came out to the ice. After that, we met the rest of the team.

"Alright, I'm going to have each of you rookies run through some simple drills and then go from there" Coach said with a clip board. Each of us rookies went through the drills. I've done these drills like this before, so I did them with ease. As I skated by, I looked at the players and they looked impressed. After going through more drills and such, we was dismissed for the day. Every one left the ice leaving me to be by myself. I gathered the pucks and began to shoot them like before. I can see coach out the corner of my eye observing. I stopped to take a breather, when coached called out to me.

"Theroux, can I talk to you in my office?"

"Yeah, let me pick up the pucks and get changed" I said, he nodded. Him wanting to talk me in his office made me feel like I was in high school all over again and I didn't have the best high school experience. I like I said I would, I cleaned up the pucks and walked back into the locker room. Once again the rookies were talking about me.

"By all means don't stop on my behalf... придурки(assholes)" I said mumbling the last part. One of the rookies snapped his head up and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and got dressed. Once I got dressed, I walked to coach's office. I sighed and gulped before knocking on the door.

"Come in" I open the door slowly to see Coach and General Manager, Brian, sitting down. "Please have a seat Natalie. I bet your probably wondering why I asked you in here. I knew from the moment word got out about you signing up for the draft, I knew I had to have you on this team. You have a lot of good qualities I like in a player."

"You also score consistently. It's something this team really needs" Brian said putting in his comment. I only nodded. If there was one thing I was learned growing up is that you let the adult finish talking before you spoke or you'll get a good smack across the ass or face each ever floated the giver's boat.

"Right, you can be a serious threat to the other teams. You may be rather small compared to them, but I know that won't matter to you. I want you to be on the team before the 2010-2011 season starts." Bruce said shuffling through papers. Was he doing what I thought he was doing? If he's doing what I think he is, then he's pulling out my Capitals contract. Oh... My... God...

"I'm only a rookie sir"

"But you are a damn good rookie Natalie... Besides, I knew you're father and your father was a good player before the knee injury."

"I learned everything I know from him" I smiled. I'd be signing a 3 year entry-level contract with the maximum salary of 900,000 a year. I just couldn't believe I just signed my NHL contract....HOLY SHIT.