Knee Socks

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It's been two weeks since classes have started and I haven't had anymore encounters with headmaster Styles. It might have been because I was so focused on my classes to do anything else.

It's only been two weeks and I've had about twenty projects already. Hayley and the twins weren't as worried about them as me. I was working nonstop while they were begging me to just not worry about it and have fun with them.

They would beg me every night to go with them to some party that someone was throwing that night. How there were parties every night at this school, I don't know.

"Come on, Ar, just tonight!" Hayley begs, giving me her best puppy dog eyes.

I sigh. "Fine, but only tonight," I tell her.

She squeals. "Yes!" Soon enough I am having outfits thrown at me and I am forced to try on each one.

I go through trying on dress after dress and skirt after skirt before Hayley finally settles on a short dandelion dress. She makes me put on black over the knee socks and a jean jacket to go along with them.

"Look at that! You look amazing!" Hayley shouts.

I look down at my outfit and then back at the overly excited girl. "This is the exact same thing I wear ever day."

Hayley shakes her head in disagreement. "No it isn't! You have only wore one dress since I met you!" Hayley argues with me.

I roll my eyes. I've learned not to argue with Hayley since she always figures out a way to make herself right in the situation.

"So where is this party?" I ask, as I pick out a pair of boots to wear.

Hayley smirks. "It's in Luke Hemmings dorm room."

I drop the brown pair of combat boots I was holding at this. The boy's dormitory was off limits after 8:00 and the party didn't start till 10:00, two hours after curfew. Hayley must be crazy if she was planning on sneaking us into the boy's dorm after curfew. If we were caught we would have detention for months.

"But that's in the boy's dorm!" I shout, exasperated.

"Yes it is, but Luke is Michael's room mate so he'll have to be there," Hayley says, giving me a mischievous smile.

I groan at this. These past two weeks since I've developed my crush on Michael, Hayley has taken ever chance she can get to get us together. It was annoying to be honest. The girl thought we would be the perfect couple and would stop at nothing for us to be together.

"You're out of your mind," I tell Hayley as I slip on the black boots I picked out of my large selection.

The smile on Hayley's face widens. "I know," she mutters.

Somehow we had managed to sneak into the party in the boy's dorm. Every step we had took until we stepped into the dorm room I was paranoid that someone was going to pop out of the dark and catch us.

There was loud music playing throughout the room. It made me wonder why we were getting caught by how loud it was. Maybe no one at this school really gave a damn what us teenagers do at night.

The dorm room might not have been that big, but somehow there were hundreds of teenagers in it. I was surprised with this. The dorm room just screamed teenage boy. The walls were the same black color as the once back in my own dorm room. Posters of bands scattered all around the room. One bed on each side of the room unmade. This was Michael's dorm room.

I quickly search the room for the boy in question and find him in a corner reading a book. How punk rock of him.

"Go over there and talk to him," Hayley shouts over the music.

"Yeah go talk to him," the twins say, somehow showing up beside us.

I shake my head at my friends. "No, I'll just make a fool of myself." I fiddle with my hair that I had put into a fishtail braid earlier that day.

"No you won't just go and talk to him," Hayley says, giving me a nudge in the direction of Michael.

"Yeah you won't!" The twins shout, earning a glare from Hayley.

I sigh looking at my friends I know they are doing this because they care about me, but I would rather not go and make a fool of myself in front of my crush.

"Go and talk to him or I will drag him over here and make you talk to him," Hayley threatens me with a cold stare.

"Yeah make you talk to him," the twins say, this time Hayley turns to them in anger.

"You two knock it off! You're not helping!" She yells at them with her hands on her hips.

I roll my eyes watching my friends fight again. "Fine, I will go talk to him, just to get away from you three." I don't wait for their reply as I walk over to the boy reading in the corner.

"Hey," I greet him with a smile.

Michael looks up from his book and smiles when he sees who has interrupted his reading. He puts his book mark into his page and shuts the book. "Hi, Arabella," he says.

I take a seat on the carpeted floor beside him. "So what are you reading?" I ask. I lean my back against the wall, crossing one of my legs over the other.

Michael shows me the cover of the book he was reading. "The Fault In Our Stars," he says, blushing. Michael blushing was the cutest thing I have seen in a while.

"I love that book," I tell him.

Michael looks down at the book in his lap nervously. "You don't think me reading it is girly do you?" He asks me.

I can't help but laugh at his words. "No if anything it makes you more manly." At these words Michael gives me a huge smile that makes my heart flutter knowing I'm the one who had caused that.

Suddenly a loud BANG came from the dorm room door and then a red haired boy about the age of sixteen comes bursting into the room, followed by a very angry headmaster Styles.

"Everyone back to your dorm rooms!" The headmaster shouts to everyone in the room.

I sigh looking back to Michael. "Good luck," I whisper to him with an apologetic smile. I wouldn't want to be him when the headmaster rips him and Luke a new one for having a party in their dorm room.

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it," Michael mutters.

I laugh at Michael's words and get up off the floor and look for Hayley or the twins. I find Fred and George leaning up against a wall and staring straight at where I am standing now. No doubt they had been watching my whole conversation with Michael just in case anything interesting happened.

I walk over to meet the other two. "You heard the headmaster we better get back to our rooms," I tell them. They roll their eyes at me.

"Just like our brother to ruin the party for us," Fred mutters, glaring at the red headed 16 year old standing beside the headmaster.

"The perfect little class president," George mutters, giving his older brother a glare as well.

I look over to the red headed boy, curious. So this boy was Fred and George's older brother? "Wait, that's your older brother?" I ask.

The twins nod. "Yes, Percy Weasley," they say both groaning after their words. I laugh at how much they seem to hate their responsible older brother.

The boy in question is then stomping over in our direction, glaring in anger at his younger siblings. "What do you two think you're doing coming to a party after curfew?" Percy growls.

The twins just smirk at the older boy. "We just wanted to have a little fun, maybe you should try it some time, big brother," Fred says.

Percy rolls his eyes. "I am telling mother about this. She won't be very happy I promise you," Percy mutters, before he walks away as quickly as he came.

I sigh looking back at the redheaded twins. "I'd better going back to my room before, Mr. I Have A Stick Up My Ass finds me."

"You better not be talking about me, Miss Jones," I hear the deep voice of the man I was just thinking about and turn around to see headmaster Styles.

I give him a bright smile. "Of course not Mr. Styles why ever would I be talking about you?" I ask him, innocently.

The headmaster rolls his eyes. "Yeah of course you weren't. I suggest you and the Weasley twins head back to your dorm rooms before I decide to give you three detentions as well."

From behind him Percy brightens up a little. "You should, headmaster maybe it would teach my trouble making younger brothers a lesson."

The twins give their brother a glare as I drag them out of Michael and Luke's dorm room. "You have the most boring brother in the world," I tell them once we're down the hall a little.

Fred and George laugh. "If you don't like Percy you should meet Bill and Charlie," George says.

My eyes widen. "There's more?" I ask them.

They nod. "There's also Ron and Ginny. Our younger brother and sister, but they're nothing like Bill, Charlie and Percy," Fred explains.

"Why haven't you guys told me about your siblings?" I ask them.

They shrug. "We didn't think it was important," they say together.

I nod in understanding. I guess it wasn't really important. After all most of them must be really boring if they're all like Percy. That's we arrive at room 246, the twins dorm room.

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys in the morning," I tell them.

The twins nod. "Good night!" They both exclaim together as they disappear into their dorm room.

Now I was all alone in the boy's dormitory in the middle of the night, how wonderful.

***

"Look at her," George sighs, staring at our English teacher.

"She's a sight," Fred agrees with his twin.

The two were almost drooling over Professor Momsen like most of the teenage boys do. Professor Momsen was a very pretty women and all the boy's at the school had a crush on her. Especially the two redheaded twins.

I groan at the hormonal teenagers. "You guys have drool running down your chins," I mutter.

Fred and George turn to glare at me. I shrug and give them a smirk. "I just thought you guys should know."

The twins mutter something under their breathes and continue their conversations about how sexy Professor Momsen looks in the dress she was wearing.

It really sucked being in English class with the twins since all they talked about throughout it was how much they liked our professor.

When the class finally ends, with the bell ringing over their head I practically jump out of my seat to leave. I wait for Fred at the door of the classroom so we can walk to Science together, since he's in that class with me.

"Did you see what she was wearing?" He asks when we start our walk to the Science wing.

I turn to glare at the Weasley twin. "No and I really do not care," I tell him, annoyed.

Fred rolls his eyes at my ignorance. "Well then, are you ready to see your boyfriend again since the party?" He asks with an eyebrow raised in question.

I groan. "He is not my boyfriend. We are just friends," I say.

Fred nods in agreement. "Yes, friends who want to make out with each other that is," he says.

We arrive at the classroom then thankfully so that I don't have to answer Fred's comment. The twins have been really annoying about Michael lately. I don't know if it's because they ship us like Hayley or if they just think my crush is hilarious. I think it's a little of both.

I take a seat at my lab station beside my crush. He wasn't even paying attention to his surroundings his face buried inside of his book. I get a good look at him while he isn't paying attention to me.

His hair was as messy as normal like he didn't care how it looked that morning. He had on his normal wear black skinny jeans and a band T-shirt, this time it was a Green Day shirt.

Suddenly he looks up from his book, probably feeling my gaze on him and I blush as our eyes meet. His green ones boring into my brown ones.

"Class today we will be learning about snake species," Professor Miller announces, breaking us out of our gaze.

I look across the room to where Fred is sitting at his lab station beside Smelly Roger, to see him smirking. He motions towards Michael and gives me a thumbs up. I roll my eyes at him and turn back to the Science professor who is teaching us on how to tell snake species apart.

After science class is over I wait for Michael to put his things away so that I can talk to him. The boy had just finished his book in the middle of class and he had cried silently. I don't know how I was the only one who actually noticed this, but I guess it was a good thing.

"Are you alright?" I ask concerned. I remember when I had just finished reading that book it almost felt like I was going to die. It hurt that bad.

Michael nods. "Yeah, the damn book was just so sad," he mutters, giving me a nervous smile.

I give him back a smile of my own. "Yeah,
I know, John Green is satan," I tell him.

This gets a laugh out of Michael. "Well it's lunchtime and I've got to go to the library to find another book to read. Have any suggestions?" He asks me.

"This might sound nerdy," I tell him. "But anything by Stephen King." I shift on my feet, nervously.

"So, horror?" He asks me.

I nod. "Yup I love it!" I smile, I used to watch horror movies with my dad until him and my mom got there new job where they're never home.

"Well, I better go," Michael says, he gives me a small good bye wave as he turns around to head to the library.

I sigh, watching as the redheaded boy disappears, walking around the corner at the end of the hall. I lean back against the cold wall and close my eyes, just thinking about the boys charming smile and dazzling green eyes. They were a minty green color that just warmed up my insides when he stares into my own brown ones.

"Thinking about Loverboy?" Fred asks, scaring me out of my day dream.

I turn to see him and his twin both leaning up against the wall beside me. I smile wickedly at them getting an idea. I sigh in fake content. "Did you see what he was wearing?"

The twins roll their eyes at what I was doing. "Not funny, Arabella," they both say in unison.

I shrug still with the smug smirk on my face. "I don't know I thought it was pretty funny."

***

"How was your day?" Hayley asks.

It was the end of classes for the day and we were walking back to our dorm room together.

"It was good," I say, hiding the small smile that comes to my lips at the thought of my conversation with Michael.

"Very good indeed," George says. Him and his twin had suddenly materialized beside us. I always wonder how the hell they did that.

Hayley boasts at George's comment knowing that something must of happened with Michael today. "What do you mean?" Hayley asks, now excited.

"Arabella talked to her boyfriend again," Fred says, smirking at me.

My face was incredibly hot with all the blood that had flowed to it. I hate when these people insist on talking about my crush.

"What happened? Explain everything!" Hayley grabs a hold of my arm and pushes me down onto a nearby bench.

I smooth out my skirt before I tell her about my conversation with Michael. I tell her about how we bonded of The Fault In Our Stars and how he asked for my opinion on a book to read. By the time I was done Hayley was almost bursting with happiness.

"Hayley, relax, we're not even together yet," I say, trying to calm her down a little.

This doesn't help as she is squealing in her seat and practically jumping up and down. I turn to the twins who were casually leaning up against a nearby tree.

"Should we be scared?" I ask them.

Fred shrugs. "I don't know, if she starts building a shrine for the two of you I would get a little scared but for now I think your good." This gets him a kick from Hayley.

"I just ship them, okay?" Hayley asks, looking quite offended.

I giggle a little. That's when the boy we were just talking about walks our way. It seems as if he was coming straight towards me.

"Speak of the devil," Hayley whispers by my ear.

Michael stops in front of the bench and gives me his award winning smile. "Hi Arabella," he greets me.

I smile back at him. "Hello Michael." Michael looks between me and my friends with a confused expression. I then realize he has never met them.

"Oh, this is Hayley, Fred and George," I say, introducing my friends.

Michael nods. "So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and my friend Luke tonight," he says this while looking at his feet nervously.

I smirk at how nervous he is to ask me something simple like that. "Of course, I'd love too," I tell him.

A shiver goes down my spine as the man I have been regretting to see speaks. "You won't be going anywhere," headmaster Styles says.

I turn my head to see him standing beside Michael, glaring at the much younger boy. Michael looked terrified by the glare he was getting and looked back up at me nervously.

I glare at the man that was a lot older than me. "And why might that be?" I ask him defiantly.

The man just smirks. "Because you are coming with me to my office." This man just gets farther and farther onto my shit list day by day.

I sigh turning to look at my crush's disappointed face. "How about we hang tomorrow?" I ask him, trying to cheer him up a little.

That does the trick as I see the boy's mouth turn up at the sides in a smile. "Ok, tomorrow then." With that statement he leaves, walking in the direction of the boy's dormitory.

I turn back to my friends, "I'll see you guys later I guess," I mutter to them. I was so angry at how the headmaster thought it was fine to hijack my date with Michael. It wasn't even his business.

"Good luck," Hayley whispers into my ear as I get up to follow the headmaster to his office.

I give Hayley a faint smile. "I'm gonna need it," I tell her.

As soon as I am inside Mr. Styles' office the shuts and is locked. I turn to see a very angry headmaster glaring at me.

"You don't get it do you?" He asks, furiously.

He was shaking with anger and it looked as if he was about to punch something or someone. I give him a confused look, "what the fuck are you talking about?" I ask him.

I am being pinned up against the wall before I can even blink. Headmaster Styles' olive green eyes staring daggers into my own brown ones. "You are mine, Arabella," he practically growls this into my ear.

I give him a glare and put my hands on his chest to try and push him away from me, but he's much stronger then me and my efforts failed. "I am not anybody's! We live in a free country!" I spat at him.

How dare he say something like that to me? Not only was he in his thirty's and I was an underage girl, but he was my headmaster. Who did he think he was telling me that I was his?

A smirk spreads across the man's face at this. "Well, I could always expel you and you'd have to go back to the empty house you live in." I gasp in shock. How did he know about that? I haven't even told Hayley or the twins about that.

Harry must have heard my gasp as he explains. "Your mother called me. She told me all about how she felt bad that her and your father couldn't be there for you and how she was so gratefully that someone actually was looking after you now."

"Y-you c-can't?" I ask, not too sure about my question.

His smirk only grows. "I can and I will. Unless you decide that you will be mine and only mine."

Headmaster Styles' takes a step backwards and I look nervously down at my combat boots. I didn't want to be expelled after all I had never ever had one friend my own age before and now I had three. I didn't want to have to leave and go back to that big empty mansion, so I did the only thing I could think of, I gave in to the possessive asshole.

"Fine," I mutter angrily. "Only because I don't want expelled."

I just wanted to wipe that satisfied grin off his face. "Let's start by you being a little nicer to me," he says.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah when pigs fly," I mutter.

The headmaster just smirks. "I suggest you be a nice little girl, or daddy's going to have to punish you."

I resisted the urge to smack him. I hated him, I hated him, I hated him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 3! I hope you like it!