Status: idek theres a lot man

We Will Never Be the Same

This Celebration

I smiled and pulled on one of Vic’s sweaters. It was kind of light, and you could still tell that I was…rounder than before. Hopefully no one would be suspicious of me.
I smiled at Vic as he set his cap and gown onto the bed. “You look nice,” I said and smiled at him. “Mhm, thanks,” he looked down at himself and smiled.
“And you can barely tell that you’re showing,” he said back and rested his hand on my stomach. I smiled and pushed up on my toes to kiss him. “I’m so proud of you,” I said softly.
Vic smiled and then frowned. He looked down at my stomach, having felt it too. I laughed and stated down at myself. “Apparently she’s proud of you too,” I said and grinned. Vic laughed a little and then grinned as I pressed his hands to my stomach. I had been able to feel her kicking for a little while, but they had never been strong enough for anyone else to feel.
“It’s so—,” I nodded and rested my hands over his. “I love you sweetheart,” He said quietly and leant down to kiss my stomach. “Mommy and I love you so much,”
I smiled, loving the way she kicked harder as she spoke, and only where the heat from his hands was. “I love you Copeland,” I kissed him, too happy to explain.
“You two are adorable,” mom said and looked at us. “Come here,” I said and reached a hand out to her. “Feel,” She smiled and walked over, just as excited.
“Aw, Kellin,” she said and rubbed my stomach gently. Copeland kicked a few times before moving and settling against the hand Vic still had there.
I smiled and looked up at him. “I think she’s going to sleep,” I said and moved his hand. “Right here,” He grinned as he felt her wiggle.
“We love you,” I whispered. Vic leant forward to kiss me again. “Alright. We should get going. We wouldn’t want you to be late,” mom said and picked up his cap and gown for him. Vic took my hand, leading me out of our house.
Mom drove all of us to the school, where the stage was set up in the middle of the football field. Vic was rushed behind the stage to wait with the rest of the seniors, leaving us to find a seat.
“Kellin,” I looked around to see Mike and smiled. “Hey,” he said, his parents close behind him. He hugged me before sitting down and waiting for me to sit down too.
“How are you feeling?” he asked. “Good. She started kicking,” His eyes lit up as I spoke. “Seriously?” I nodded and laughed at his enthusiasm. “Yeah. She isn’t right now though, or I’d let you feel,”
He nodded, still grinning at me. “It’s hard to believe he’s graduating,” Mike said, turning his attention to the stage. “Yeah I know. It’s kind of surreal.”
Mike nodded again and relaxed in his seat. “Ooh, they’re starting,” ~

The principal’s gave their speech, along with the valedictorian, and explained why graduation was already so late in the summer. It was a few days from July, but the weather had been so bad this month, and it was always too hot. So, they had pushed it back a week and a half.
I smiled as they finally announced Vic’s name, noticing the way his eyes scanned the crowd. He smiled at us and accepted the fake diploma before hugging some of the teachers that were standing there.
“He looks so handsome,” His mom said, dabbing at her eyes. I smiled and watched as he disappeared behind the stage again. The Graduation went on for another hour and a half after that, and it was starting to get really hot.
When it finally ended, they had all of the students pool around and on the stage to throw their hats. Mike and I laughed at Vic as he just lifted his up before dropping it at his feet.
“He’s such a dork,” Mike said, laughing still. I smiled and watched as they all started to disperse, going to find their families. We decided to wait by the car, Vic eventually coming to find us.
He kissed both of his parents, who fawned over him for a good five minutes. Then he hugged Mike, Jaime, Tony, and my mom before finally walking up to me.
“Hi,” he said and smiled, resting his hands on either side of his stomach. “Hi,” he pressed his lips to mine, both of us pulling away to glare as multiple cameras went off.
“Seriously?” Both of our moms laughed and smiled at each other. “What? It’s a big day,” I sighed and looked back at Vic, who was already smiling at me. “I love you,” I said and smiled. “I love you both,” He grinned at me before crushing his lips to mine a very sweet, passionate kiss. They boys ‘ew’ ed, complaining that mommy and daddy kept kissing in public.
Vic took a minute to glare at each of them, not really mad. “So? Shall we go out then?” his mom asked. “You don’t have to do that,” Vic said, shaking his head.
“We want to,” Mom and both of Vic’s parents continued to insist that we all go to dinner, and were even more adamant that they pay.
I sighed and just went along with it, although it drove both Vic and I nuts. “I think we should start her room,” Vic said after dinner, swinging our hands between us.
We had gone outside to be alone for a bit while everyone else waited for the check to come. “Okay…we should do it neutral though. I want her to be able to like whatever she wants. We shouldn’t force gender roles on her,”
Vic smiled and nodded. “So what about purple? Or green,” I wrinkled my nose and laughed. “Purple it is then,” I said. Vic rolled his eyes and pulled me against him.
“I love you,” he said and smiled. “I love you more Vic,” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
i know this chapter is short, sorry

title- "Fast Times At Clairemont High" Pierce the Veil