Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Seventeen “Unworthy”.

Chapter Seventeen
“Unworthy”.
P.O.V. Of Brian.

It all happened so fast, two years ago, the purge arrived and we barely made it out alive. Myself, Johnny, Zacky, Yuri and the girls all escaped thanks to Krissi’s father Dean. He had suspected the purge was an inside job and confided in me that if anything happened. I was to find Krissi and keep her from giving herself up. I missed Krissi like hell, and regretted ever being a fucking dick to her. After Matt exposed himself as her right, the one meant to protect her life. I was jealous but at the same time it made sense to me. That was what I saw in the hallway between them. An older brother messing around with his younger sister. That was the energy I felt between them. Then when Jimmy disappeared I was pissed off again, because I wanted to be something more to her then just some guy she knew.

We were laying low in an abandon building outside the city. The girls had toughened up since last we saw Krissi too, mostly Amanda. She was the only one that wanted to really find her as much as I did. Even if it was mostly because she missed Matt, and yet I got the feeling from her she missed Krissi about as much as she missed Matt, just not in a romantic way. It was late afternoon as the group of us sat in the café Yuri said he’d meet us in. because he was good with teleporting himself from place to place without any trouble and super-fast he was the one who got all the information for us.
“What if he doesn’t come”?
Amanda muttered looking worried. Lacey shook her head as she looked around from her place next to Zacky.

“He’ll be here. He said he had big news”.
Lacey said trying not to look as worried as Amanda was. I felt the air shift as a file folder fell in front of me on the table. I looked back over my shoulder to see Yuri sitting with his feet up and his hands behind his head.
“Told you I’d be back bitches”.
He grinned at us. I rolled my eyes opening the file folder.
“What is this?”
I asked as I studied the contents of the folder. I saw a photo of Krissi and my heart stopped, I hadn’t seen her in two years. Somehow she was even more beautiful then I remembered. Amanda pulled out another photo of Krissi, Matt and Jimmy together laughing.

“Looks like they’ve become a team of paranormal experts. Krissi is an exorcist Matt is her security, and Jimmy deals with clients. And there is a priest working with them as well, apparently he’s Krissi’s mentor. They are currently in a small town in London a high profile client has asked them to heal his daughter”.
Yuri explained. Zoey frowned a bit looking back to Yuri.
“How can we get there in time to stop her from getting herself hurt?”
Zoey asked looking at Johnny in fear. Johnny sighed shaking his head.
“Don’t know. Yuri can you take us?”
Johnny said turning to Yuri who sighed shaking his head.
“Nope, I can’t take more than two people with me. The rest of you would have to find another way to get there”.

Yuri explained getting to his feet. I stood not giving anyone else a chance to speak up.
“I’m going, and I’ll take Amanda with me. You all find a flight as soon as you can and get there”.
I said. Zacky looked like he wanted to argue but Lacey took his hand in hers calming him. I turned back to Yuri with Amanda at my side.
“Ok, get us there quick as close as you can to their location”.
Yuri sighed grabbing my arm and Amanda’s
“Alright, but your gunna throw up when we get there”.
Yuri said as he kept hold of us. Amanda sighed giving Yuri a look.

“I think we can manage”.
She said confidently. In a blur everything around us shifted and when the world stopped sure enough Amanda and I both ended up getting sick. Yuri sighed rolling his eyes.
“What did I say? I told you two you’d get sick”.
When I looked up I saw we were outside a grand estate that looked like something a royal family would own. A waltz was playing inside. Amanda looked over at me just as confused as I was.

“What the hell?”
I said looking at Yuri who shrugged.
“This is as close as I could get you”.
He said nodding to the balcony. I looked up and saw her there. Krissi was standing in a beautiful red gown with a black lace eye mask across her eyes. She stood next to Jimmy who was a little too friendly with her if you asked me.

“That cock fucker”.
I hissed. Amanda grabbed my arm pulling me down so we wouldn’t be seen.
“Shush! We need to brake this to her gently”.
Amanda whispered. I narrowed my eyes at her.
“The only thing I’m braking is Sullivan’s nose!”
I got up storming towards the estate when a hand grabbed me by the collar and I looked back. Matt gaped at me dropping me as he looked me up and down.

“Haner?”
I sighed giving a nod.
“Well it isn’t fucking Santa Clause”.
I huffed. Amanda moved forwards.
“Matt?”
He turned and I saw the smile on his face.
“Amanda?”
She ran into his arms crying tears of joy, Matt holding her close against him as they kissed. I rolled my eyes going towards the doors. Matt grabbed me again.

“Wait, you can’t go in there. You’re under dressed for one. And two you don’t know what’s going on inside”.
Matt said. I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Do you really think I give a fuck about clothing? I want to see Krissi now!”
Matt held me back this time the look on his face was serious.
“There a noble blood vampire family, and they’ve been infiltrated by a powerful demon. Krissi is posing as a vampire heiress and Jimmy is her fiancé. We were hired by the count to eliminate the demon in order to do that we need to blend in! You go barging in there with your head up your ass you’ll blow everything and the demon will know we’re here!”

I curled my hands into fists as I looked at Matt.
“Whose idea was it for Jimmy to play the fiancé?”
I asked. Matt shrugged at me.
“I don’t know, Jimmy’s”.
Matt said like it didn’t matter to him. But it did fucking matter, it mattered to me. Calming myself as much as I could I turned towards the doors.
“Get Sullivan out here now or I’m going in there and killing him”.
I growled. Matt didn’t ask questions as he walked back inside. Amanda frowned at me crossing her arms.

“Really Brian? You’re going to beat up your best friend?”
She asked, but I ignored her. When Matt came out with Jimmy he looked sick I stormed towards him trying to stay as calm as I could. But it wasn’t working. As I approached him Jimmy backed up swallowing hard.
“H-Hey man. What are you doing here?”
Jimmy asked looking like one guilty mother fucker. I bit back on my anger before speaking.
“Before I get really pissed off, how many lies have you told her about me? Keeping in mind that I will be asking her the same thing and she will tell me the truth”.

Jimmy looked away from me curling his hands into fists.
“Alright fine! I told her you moved on with someone else because you don’t fucking deserve her!”
Jimmy growled at me. I felt the tears of rage building in my eyes before I slammed my fist hard into his face knocking him on his ass. Matt lunged forwards holding me back as I struggled to get at Jimmy again. He got up drawing his wand and aiming at me. I seethed with rage as I kept my eyes locked on his.

“Make it a good spell James. Because you only get one shot!”
I hissed at him. That was when a scream came from inside. Matt reluctantly let me go running inside, Amanda followed on his heels. Jimmy and I stayed dead locked for a good five seconds before following them. We weren’t finished, I was going to make him pay for lying to her like that. As I rounded a corner I saw her in the middle of the room with her arms out. Shimmering crystal shards of energy floating around her as she stood across from a possessed vampire with sick green eyes and decaying skin. Her eyes were focused and strong. I’d never seen her this way.

She spoke an incantation that was in welsh which was really hard to learn and very powerful magic. More so then the basic Latin spells we’d been learning last time we saw each other. There was an explosion of light and the demon lunged from the body it possessed towards Krissi who stood her ground without fear. She moved graceful like an all-powerful angel of death. Drawing a silver wand from a guarder belt on the upper part of her leg that had been hidden by her gown and slashed out drawing the holy symbol of angels in the air. The crystallized energy that surrounded her filled in the shape. She shot it forwards at the demon destroying it without hesitation.

Then all her strength and power seemed to fade and she dropped like a puppet cut from strings. Jimmy was the one who caught her before I could get to her. Matt kneeled at her side smiling at her as he pushed her hair back from her face. He talked quickly with her. Amanda gaped at her as well from her place next to me.

“She’s amazing, I’ve never seen magic used that way before”.
Amanda said looking over at me. I felt the sick feeling in my stomach, a feeling that Jimmy was right. After all the shit I’d put her through I didn’t deserve her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3