Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Eight “Because I Love You”

Chapter Eight
“Because I Love You”

“I have something important to do and I need to get into the government building to do it. Testing is my way in”.
I explained to him as Brian paced the room shaking his head with his arms crossed over his muscular chest. He turned his rich brown eyes on me.
“You aren’t doing this, I won’t let you do this”.
Brian growled as he stopped pacing and was now standing in front of me. I narrowed my eyes up at him getting to my feet curling my hands into fists.

“You can’t stop me, besides Lux overheard Quartz and I talking. She’s made the arrangements I leave first thing in the morning”.
I stated watching as he grew even more pissed off. I turned away from him sitting down on the window seat and hanging my head as silence fell between us. Brian stood with his back to me. His arm bared against the doorframe while he rested his forehead to his forearm. I looked at him.

“Don’t you trust me Brian?”
I asked in a softer tone searching for why he’d be upset about all this. Keeping his back to me he scoffed remaining unmoving.
“It doesn’t have anything to do with trusting you”.
Brian said his voice still hard and defiant. I sighed exasperated and looked away from him crossing my arms.

“I don’t see what your damn problem is Brian, I told you everything I can”.
I said looking out the window feeling the tears of anger building and burning hot in my eyes then against my cheeks. Brian moved so fast he avoided my sight completely, he was next to me on the window seat his arms around me and when our eyes locked I saw he had tears in his eyes too.

“I can’t lose you, because I love you”.
His words cut deep into my senses. I hadn’t seen it before because I never thought of myself as worthy of much. His changes in his school work and personality were all because he was trying to be better for me, trying to be worthy of me because he loved me. That night he found me with Tyler and told me all that stuff, I thought he was just saying it to be nice. But now I knew it was because he meant it, because he loved me.

I opened my mouth to speak when his lips found mine. The kiss was unlike anything I’d ever experienced. It was warm and soft, tender and familiar. It felt right, like finally finding that other puzzle piece you connect with on a much higher level. I rested my hands against his shoulders as we kissed the light from the setting sun filling the room. Brian’s arms wrapped around my waste as he brought me in closer to him.

I lost track of time as we were caught up in our kiss. By the time we parted both of us were breathless and I was sitting in his lap facing him. He rested his forehead to mine.
“Please tell me what you’re planning, I have to know what you’re really doing, why you’re risking yourself like this”.
I looked into his eyes and smiled at him.

“But the less people I tell, the safer all of you will be”.
I said as I rested my arms loosely around his neck. Brian kissed my lips lightly once more.
“Please Angel, tell me”.
He begged. I smiled at him giving a sigh as I moved in resting my head on his shoulder.
“I think the witch hunters and the government are connected. I think they are behind putting those witches and warlocks who aren’t placed into slavery. And I think they have my grandmother, that’s why no one’s found her yet”.
Brian frowned at me.
“Babe, you can’t take all this on by yourself”.
I looked up at him and smiled cupping his cheek.
“I can’t risk anyone else getting hurt. I love you too you know?”
He smirked leaning into my touch kissing my palm.
“Krissi, please let us help.”
I sat up raising an eyebrow at him.
“Us?”
Brian brought me to my feet and led me across the grounds to the warlock building. As we entered I saw his friends sitting and talking with the girls. Ashlyn bit her lip when she saw me getting up.
“Are you mad at me? I had to tell him”.

I shook my head lightly.
“I’m not mad”.
Brian kept my hand in his lacing our fingers together.
“These are my friends, Matt, Jimmy, Zacky and Johnny. Guys this is the girl I’ve been obsessing over, her name is Krissi and she means the world to me”.
Brian said, I looked up at him and smiled. He looked down at me.
“I think these guys could really help with what’s going on”.
I looked around the room and sighed shaking my head lightly.
“I don’t want to endanger anyone else”.
I said frowning up at Brian. Matt as he was called stood up.
“Hey, it won’t be the first time we’ve been in danger. The guys and I don’t exactly play by the rules”.
Amanda looked at me.

“And you know the rest of your coven is going to be there for you if you like it or not”.
Amanda said. I sighed lightly looking at Brian who smiled at me.
“You don’t have to do everything on your own”.
He said cupping my cheek. I smiled up at him.
“Ok, I’ll fill you in”.
I said looking around the room at them all. We sat down and I told them all about the conspiracy theory I’d come up with. The room fell silent after I told them all what I believed was happening.
“Shit, that does sound bad, but no way you’d be able to do all that alone. You’d be under surveillance 24/7”.
Matt said as he sat forwards resting his elbows against his knees. Brian nodded.
“He’s right. The government doesn’t mess around with these test subjects. That’s why we are all going with you”.
Brian said keeping his arm around my shoulders.
“But how? We can’t all go”.
Zoey said looking worried. Matt flashed a grin looking around at the other guys.

“I believe it’s time for us to merge with a sister coven.”
He said, I blinked lightly.
“Wait, you can do that? Just merge with another coven?”
I asked looking to Brian who nodded.
“It happens all the time. And your coven is permitted to attend the testing as moral support”.
Brian said. Amanda gave a vigorous nod.
“He’s right! We can go with you and help you uncover the truth! Maybe even find your grandmother”.
Amanda said, I smiled around the room at them glad I had such amazing friends. With the arrangements made, Ashlyn and Jimmy went to find Quartz and tell her about the merge and that they would be coming with me tomorrow. I walked with Brian back towards my dorm his hand in mine. I looked up at him.

“So, when did you realize it? That you loved me?”
I asked, Brian smirked looking down at me as we walked.
“The library, when you stumbled out of the shadows and saved me from Emma, it was like Isis herself sent you to be with me and get me away from her. But the way the moonlight reflected off of you as you were rummaging through the books. That was when it hit me. You just looked so beautiful and I knew I’d never want anyone else. But I also knew I wasn’t worthy of you at the time”.
Brian explained as we stood outside my room. I smiled up at him.
“This kind of thing doesn’t normally happen to a girl like me.”

Brian smirked cupping his hand against my cheek leaning in closer so his lips were inches from mine.
“Maybe they should”.
He whispered and then we were kissing again. No matter what came tomorrow, I was grateful to know I’d have my friends behind me. But more than anything, I was grateful I’d have the guy I loved behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3