Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Eight “The Interview”

Chapter Eight
“The Interview”

Madam Lux was beyond pissed when she got the news about our coven merging with Brian’s and that they would be coming with me. We were standing in the lobby of a lavish looking hotel while the government agents talked with the woman at the front desk. Both men were armed with wands inside their jackets. It was worse than having a gun in my mind. Because they could do anything with those wands. Brian held tight to my hand keeping me close to him.

“They are overcompensating”.
He whispered to me as we waited for the agents to come back to us. I nodded, it was obvious with this lavish hotel that they were indeed up to something more sinister then what they’d lead us to believe. The other girls and guys were scattered around the room sitting on couches laughing and talking among themselves. I don’t think they had any idea how much danger we were all actually in.
“I am guessing this is your familiar”.
The tallest agent said smirking as he looked between Brian and I. we hadn’t separated and gone about our business like the others did. Brian stood strong at my side keeping hold on my hand our fingers remaining laced.
“Is that a problem?”
Brian said with nothing but attitude and rebellion in his tone. The agent smirked at him looking me up and down again and for a moment I thought for sure Brian was going to deck him for checking me out.

“Not at all. I wish mine looked as good as yours does”.
He held up a room key smirking as it swayed from side to side.
“We won’t tell anyone if you two don’t”.
Brian kept his eyes narrowed grabbing the key. It was obvious he was letting us room together to get us to let our guard down. I followed Brian towards the elevators leaving the others behind. Once we arrived back at the room Brian was quick to swipe the card and open the door. The agent stood outside our door as it closed. I looked up at him my heart racing as he brought his finger to his lips. I nodded to him backing up. Brian turned towards the door and drew a wand he had hidden in the pocket of his leather jacket. He began to speak in hushed whispers of Latin. As he moved the wand around the shape of the door.

He crossed the room to the windows doing the same thing. Then lowering his wand he sighed turning back to me as I sat on the couch.
“What did you do?”
I asked in a whisper. Brian sat next to me taking me in his arms.
“It’s a silence spell. It won’t last much longer so we need to be quick”.
I nodded to him staying in his arms.
“They will probably come for you at an ungodly hour. Wake you in the middle of the night. They will force you to shower and change into some scrubs, I don’t know the color because it depends on the level of a threat you are. Black is the lowest threat, Red is the highest. Blue and yellow aren’t bad either. As long as you aren’t in the red. This is where it gets tough for you angel”.
He said cupping my cheek. I looked up at him giving a nod.

“Ok”.
I whispered. Brian sighed looking worried about asking this of me.
“You need to use magic without letting them know you’ve done it. I need you to duplicate an ID card of an agent. Bring it back to me and Jimmy can do the rest. While they are testing and interviewing you we’ll be getting to the bottom of things as far as your theory goes”.

I frowned at Brian shaking my head.
“I’m not good with counseling spells. How could I do that without getting caught?”
Brian looked to the door and I noticed the shadow moving. He grabbed me in his arms locking his lips hard with mine pinning me to the couch. I blushed kissing him back wrapping my arms around him as I gripped the back of his shirt. The door opened and the agent paused looking at us. Brian lifted his gaze narrowing his eyes.

“You mind?”
He growled, the agent smirked taking a step back.
“Not at all, sorry for interrupting”.
Brian looked down at me as he left the room and smiled at me.
“Sorry about that, it was the only excuse for the spell I could think of. He probably sensed I used magic and came in to check on us”.
I sat up a little blushing as my eyes remained locked with his.
“No need to apologize. I liked it”.
I admitted blushing scarlet. Brian smirked his hand resting against the side of my neck.
“Me too”.
I was able to lose myself in his eyes and just as I leaned in closer to him my lips inches from his there was a knock on the door. I sighed closing my eyes. Brian got up going to the door and opening it. Jimmy was standing in the hall and I listened to the two of them talking. Something about the pool being bad ass and reserved for the group of us for the night. Brian looked back over his shoulder at me and I knew making arguments wasn’t something the agents wanted to hear. I stood plastering a fake smile on my lips though I couldn’t swim.

“Sounds great!”
I beamed clasping my hands behind my back. Jimmy said he’d meet us at the pool with the others. I walked into the bedroom finding a two piece bathing suite sitting on the bed. This was where the mind games started, I knew because the bathing suit was red. Brian stood on the other side of me narrowing his eyes. He picked up on the mind games as I had. I squeezed his hand.

“Let’s just get through this”.
I said trying to calm him down.
“Alright”.
He whispered back to me. I changed and walked with Brian from the room. The smug agent who had been outside our door walked after us and I knew he was listening to the conversation. Brian grinned at me.
“I just hope they let us get to bed early. I’ve been wanting to be alone with you for days”.
Brian said picking up on the casual flirtatious conversation that the agent probably expected of us after “walking in” on us. We headed to the pool. The guys and girls were already messing around in the water with a huge beach ball.

“Krissi come in!”
Zoey waved her arms jumping up and down. I sat on the edge of the pool smiling at them. I waved back looking at Brian who got into the pool.
“You want a swimming lesson?”
He grinned. I smiled at him.
“I think you’re more concerned with a CPR lesson then swimming”.
I teased. Brian laughed.
“Maybe”.
The smug agent was standing on the other side of me arms crossed and eyes fixed on me. Lacey smiled swimming over to me. She hoisted herself up to sit next to me.
“Wow Krissi, you look great red really is your color”.
I cringed inwardly. Lacey had no idea what was really going on. The agent smirked snickering to himself.

“Oh I agree, red is your color miss Caldwell”.
The agent said in a creepy tone. I winced inwardly repressing my panic and fear. I went along with all the fun and activity the others were going along with. The agents watching us all the while. After a full night of fun at the pool with the others, Brian and I returned to the room. He took me in his arms as I was brushing my teeth. I gaped at him in the mirror, it wasn’t the ideal time for the guy I loved to see me. With toothpaste all over my mouth and chin. I leaned forwards making it worse by spitting. Brian laughed keeping his arms around me as I continued to scrub with my toothbrush.

“You look cute”.
He whispered against my ear kissing the side of my head. I wiped my mouth off and rinsed it out before turning back to him.
“Not the ideal time for you to cuddle me”.
I giggled. Brian smirked moving in and then we were kissing again. I wrapped my arms around him as he sat me on the marble counter. His hands resting at my waste as his tongue found mine. A soft moan from under the kiss escaped me. He pulled back slightly looking down at me.
“I love you, I should have said that to you sooner. The agents will be enforcing us to study our school subjects during the day while you’re away. We’ll have to sneak in and do our digging at night”.
Brian whispered as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

“I just I need to know you’ll be ok”.
Brian said. I cupped my hands on his jawline never looking away from him.
“I’ll be ok, and I love you too”.
I leaned up and then we were kissing again. Hard deep kisses that were full of passion and love. He picked me up off the counter carrying me into the bedroom. We laid together kissing for the longest time before sleep claimed us both.

I woke to the ice cold of water raining down on me causing me to scream out. My eyes opened as I shivered looking around. I wasn’t warm and safe with Brian anymore. A towel was thrown at me and I caught it wrapping it around myself. Two very large men dragged me down the hall my body still limp and disoriented as they took me to a room where the walls were painted gray, there was a cot that didn’t look comfortable at all. A set of red scrubs and a pair of slippers. There was a comb and a mirror in the corner resting on a stand. I pulled on the scrubs quickly and put the slippers on. Then walked over running the comb through my hair.

No sooner had I finished then a tray was slid under the door with food on it and a small carton of milk. I remembered what Quartz told me. I picked up the tray and looked down at the muffin and the hot cereal. Since this was only the interview I assumed the food would be safe to eat. I ate small amounts of the food enough to make it look like I was complying with what they wanted from me. The door unlocked and a beautiful woman walked into the room. Dressed in a suite that was a beautiful shade of royal blue. She wore a pin on her jacket.
It was a gold W.G. She seemed nice enough and yet, she radiated a very sinister energy. Holding her hand out at me she smiled.
“Kristen Caldwell. I am honored to meet you”.
She said in a bright tone. I shook hands with her giving a curt nod. My damp curls had a mind of their own again and were frizzing out like you wouldn’t believe. It made me wish for an elastic so I could pull them back at least. My eyes remained fixed on the gold pin.

“W. G?”
I asked, the woman laughed lightly looking down at her pin.
“Witching Government”.
She said as if it wasn’t obvious to me. I should have figured it out on my own but I was still disoriented and groggy. The woman turned back to one of the guards.
“Get Miss Caldwell a hair tie”.
She ordered turning back to me and smiling.
“My name is Gwendolyn. My parents named me after Merlin’s wife”.
She said beaming with pride. A guard came back with a hair tie and I pulled my curls back from my face tying them back. Gwen looked me up and down then turned walking from the room.

“Follow me”.
She said in the same cheerful tone. I followed in toe behind her. Gwen looked back at me still smiling as we followed the narrow blindingly white hallways around the building.
“Do you know what The Witchcraft Government stands for?”
She asked as we walked. I shook my head because in all honesty I didn’t. What did our government stand for exactly? Gwen never lost her smile.

“We have three principles we uphold, Divine duty and dignity”.
She said as we walked across the court yard now. I kept pace with her as she continued.
“We do whatever is necessary to uphold these principles, In order to do that we must control those who would compromise those principles”.
Gwen finished as we stood outside a large steel door. And that was when I felt something prick the back of my neck and instantly fell to the ground When I woke again I was in a very uncomfortable steel chair my wrists handcuffed to the arms of the chair. My head was spinning and before I could say a word I vomited. Someone was there to catch it in a bucket like they’d been expecting that reaction.

“I apologize I should have warned you before you were drugged”.
Gwen smiled from the other end of the table at me. I lifted my gaze to her slowly sitting upright. Gwen looked like she had been sitting there creepily watching me the whole time I was out.
“Because you are a high risk witch we can’t take any chances. Now let’s begin with the first part of your interview shall we?”
I nodded remembering what Quartz said about only answering the questions I was asked. The first questions were basic. “Is your Name Kristen Caldwell”? Etcetera. Once we got past the basic, age, name, height, weight, and questions about my childhood and family Gwen’s personality changed.

“Do you know anything about the Deliverer?”
Her eyes narrowed to slits as she removed her glasses. I looked away from her as two large men stood on the other side of me both of them had tazerguns and were waiting for her command. Gwen raised her hand smiling at them as if to call them off. She walked around the table drawing her slim white wand from her blazer as sparks emitted from the tip.
“Kristen, are you aware that I can detained you for months at a time if you refuse to answer me? And because you are high risk, I am permitted to use whatever force needed to get an answer out of you”.

I looked up at her as she stood next to me now wand ready.
“Have you ever heard about the Deliverer?”
I tensed up and she picked up on it. That was when I felt the worst pain I’d ever known as she drove her wand into the side of my neck. I screamed and arched my body crying out as the pain pulsed through me. Holding her wand in place for a count of twenty she removed it and I slumped forwards hanging my head.

I looked at her through my bangs as she circled me shoving the table and her chair back so she had more room to move around.
“I’d hate to have to torture it out of you Kristen, start talking and we can put a stop to this little mess”.
I didn’t know how to answer this question and it wasn’t long before I felt the pain that jolted through Gwen’s wand to my body making me scream out again.

“NO!”
I cried forcing her to stop. Gwen smirked lifting my chin with the tip of her wand.
“Now now Kristen, I know you’re lying to me”.
Gwen looked between the two large men and smirked.
“Let’s begin phase two of the questioning”.
The men walked from the room leaving me alone with Gwen. I had no idea what phase two was. But it made me sick to my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3