Status: Updating as soon as possible.

Cardinal

Chapter Four

I woke with a raging headache due to the fact that I was hit with who knows what. I opened my eyes before taking in my surroundings. It seemed as though I was in an abandoned warehouse. Typical for the villain. Take the heroine to an abandon place where "no one" would expect.

I sighed in frustration as I noticed I was tied up. I tried to remove my hands from the rope, which only caused me to gain rope burn on my wrists. This would be a great time to have my utility belt. Number one rule Bats taught me. Never leave home without your utility belt. Well, it would have been nice to know that I was going to be kidnapped. Now how was I supposed to escape?

I heard a quite noise form the shadows. I didn't look up, knowing that would be a stupid way of showing my captor that I knew he was in the room. I kept my head down, glancing cautiously around the room, taking in my surroundings more thoroughly. I didn't want to bring too much attention to myself. I heard a louder noise.

This is when I decided to speak up, "I already know you are in the room." My voice cracked while I ousted myself.

"And how it that?" the man asked, cluing me to the fact that he was a man. I recognized the voice from somewhere, but I couldn't recall where.

"It's a thing called keeping my senses on high alert. If you want to kidnap Batman's sidekick, you must realize he taught me a lot of things." I retorted, before adding, "He's the Dark Knight. He trained me well." I finished, figuring I should get a few knocks in myself.

"Oh, trust me, dear. I know." he replied, laughing psychotically. I cringed, knowing exactly who it was. It was Joker. Great.
Everyone's adrenaline was on full power as they entered the Titan Tower form the elevator. There were smiles on all of their faces, even a slight one on Raven's face. They had once again succeeded in defeating Cinderblock, and it was time for a celebrations.

Usual Titan Celebrations consisted of pizza, video games, and maybe even a little party with Titan's East. Pizza was the hard part. They couldn't afford much even with the money the city paid. They had to settle on three at the max, which would leave two unhappy Titans.

The girls didn't really care what kind of pizza they ate. Starfire usually ate whatever Robin did, but she added mustard to it. Raven, didn't care for pizza much. She only ate it because the rest of them did. She preferred having her herbal tea, and only that.

After deciding the order, they sent Cyborg out to get the pizzas. He wasn't joyed with excitement, but he dealt. It was his turn, after all. Robin decided to call the other Titans, not caring even if they didn't have enough food. They agreed to come, bringing Kid Flash with them.
Joker stepped out of the shadow, smiling his infamous smile. I glared, trying to figure out a way to escape. The ropes were too tight to escape without a blade.

A few of Joker's little minions came out behind him, including Harley. Harley smirked, looking me up and down.

"Oh look, Puddin'! You got the lil' sidekick. She's gonna be perfect bait!" she said in her high, pitchy voice. I rolled my eyes, already beginning to become annoyed with it.

"Could you just not speak, Harley? I mean, you're voice is seriously annoying. We've been through this so many times already." I said, shaking my head. I looked up to see her glaring at me. I smirked. I was kidnapped; might as well make the best of it.

Harley walked towards me, slapping me almost instantly. Yeah, I deserved that one. I know I did. I looked back toward the two, giving Harley a fake smile while turning my head to the side.

"Did I offend you?" I asked, continuing on shortly after, "I meant to." I finished, giving another fake smile.

Harley glared again, starting to walk toward me, but the Joker stopped her.

"Harley, my dear, no need to get feisty. You can have your fun later." he said, as he walked over to a desk that I hadn't seen before. He sat down, taking a piece of paper out, along with a pen. He wrote something down and handed it to one of his minions. "Take this to the bat." was all he said.

"Why am I even here? Do you even have a life, or is this what you do all day?" I asked, a blank look on my face.

"You're a pawn for about the next hour. If your mentor hasn't came by then, well, you know." he said, moving a finger across his neck, signifying death.

"Ah, this again. Joker, I thought you would have learned your lesson by now. It never goes your way, and you should know that." I said, trying to find another way out of the ropes. No such luck.

"Oh, sweetheart, I've devised a plan that will-" I cut him off.

"That will surprise you. I know. I know already. You say that every time, puddin'." I said, doing my best Harley impersonation. I looked towards her, "See, didn't I tell you? It's annoying."

"Oh, sweets, not as annoying as your presence." she retorted. I gave her the finger, which was hard, considering the situation. She still saw it, though.

"You obviously love my presence, or else you wouldn't have kidnapped me for the umpteenth time." I shot back. She wasn't going to win this argument. Although this is when I realized I really had to start watching my back.

Harley went to shoot an insult back, but Joker stopped her by saying, "Have at her, my dear. She deserves the torture."

Harley grinned, walking my way, "Finally. Thanks, suga!" she said. She really needed a grammar lesson. She took her time walking to me, but when she approached, she hit me, and it definitely hurt. I turned my head toward her, trying not to show the pain she had caused me.

"Is that all you got?" I knew I shouldn't have been asking for more, but I couldn't help it. I couldn't back down, which is another lesson that Bruce had taught me. Although in this situation, he'd most likely want me to back down, but that wasn't me.

"Harley darling, use weapons. It's much funner that way." Joker stated.

I gritted my teeth, "You did not just say funner. God, Jokes, and I thought Harley needed the grammar lesson." I said, shaking my head. Harley left the room, entering what seemed to be a holding room for weapons.

Joker glared at me. I knew that got him. Everyone hates when their corrected. Joker pounced forward, a hand flying directly across my cheek. I don't know what hurt worse, the slap or the fact that he bumped into my ankle. I cringed, feeling pain shoot up my leg. I breathed in deeply, biting my lip.

"That'll teach you to correct me." he said, walking away slowly.

"Oh, I'll still correct you. That's not the problem." I said through gritted teeth, which made him even more curious.

"Oh, teenagers, they lie every chance they get." he said, placing his hands behind his back.

"Teenagers should scare the living shit out of you." I said, a sly smile coming to my face. "Remember, Joker, we could care less as long as someone will bleed." I finished, quoting the famous My Chemical Romance song. He looked slightly confused, but I just kept my smile.

"Yes, I'm sure the Dark Knight taught you that." he said, a sarcastic sound coming to his voice. He already knew Bruce would never teach me to shed blood unless absolutely necessary.

"You do realize, Joker, that Batsy is all the way across the country. I wouldn't expect him here in the next hour, just so you know." I said, shrugging the best that I could while tied up.

"Well, we'll see how much he actually cares for you, sweetheart."

"Yeah, I guess we will, darling." I said, continuing shortly after, "Are we giving each other pet names now? Should we tell Harley? Should I start calling you puddin', too?" I finished, a smirk coming to my face. He glared at me.

I could hear Harley shuffling around in the room she was in. She came out soon after, holding a knife in her hand. Out of all things, she chose a knife? And one of that size? God , they really were losing their touch. She lessened the distance between us, approaching me quickly.
Robin squeezed Starfire's hand, grinning as he took her up to the rooftop. They'd both decided on skipping out on pizza, leaving the rest of the Titans to their party.

"Oh, Robin the sun is magnificent." Starfire commented, her eyes gleaming. Robin watched her, taking a second to look at the sun himself. It truly was beautiful, as was his girlfriend.

They at on the ledge, watching as the sun went down slowly. Robin put his arms around Starfire's shoulder, pulling her closer. She scooted in closer, snuggling into his side. She leaned her head on Robin's shoulder. They watched the sun in silence for a few moments, before Robin spoke up.

"So, Star, it's been almost a year since we began dating." he stated, pointing out what Starfire already knew.

"I certainly remember, Robin. I cannot wait to celebrate the day in which we began dating with you." she said, meaning their anniversary. Robin smiled at her choice of words.

"I'm glad you remember." he said as Starfire lifted her head from Robin's shoulder.

Robin looked into Starfire's eyes as her leaned forward to kiss her. In his mind, he thought about the first time they kissed. She had just came to Earth trying to get away from the Citadel. She had kissed him in order to learn the English language. It had been a short kiss, but it was gentle. It was what started his crush on Starfire. There definitely was a spark between them that night, but he hadn't known whether Starfire had felt it.

Leaning closer by the second, Robin felt his lips slightly touch Starfire's lips. They were interrupted by the door leading to the roof opening. Robin scowled at the door, noticing Cyborg walking though.

"Yo, sorry for interrupting on ya'lls love fest, Rob, but I hate to tell you this. Cardinal's not here. We knocked on her door and she wasn't there. She's not in the tower, bro." Cyborg told him, a slight worried look on his face.

Robin stared at Cyborg in disbelief. Where could she have gone? Who was she with, if anyone?