Status: here have another story

My Heart Beats for You

This Isn't Fair

Could you try this on for me?” the woman asked. I nodded and took the garment bag from her to try on. They had set up a foldable screen for Vic and I to change behind.
I hooked the bag over the top of the screen and unzipped it, glancing at Vic as he pulled on the pair of designer jeans. Apparently we were allowed to wear whatever we wanted as long as we looked elegant and respectable.
He pulled them up, buttoning them and then looked at me. “Are you staring at me?” he asked. We had changed in front of each other a few times throughout the week, and were pretty used to it now.
Needless to say, Vic’s body was as gorgeous as the rest of him. “Mhm, maybe,” he laughed and watched as I started pulling my clothes off to try on the outfit.
“That’ll look good on you,” Vic said and smiled. I blushed a little and shimmied my jeans down. He watched me as I undressed and started pulling up the pants. They looked like regular jeans, although they had a bit of spandex weaved into the fabric. They leeched to my legs, looking almost like I had painted them on.
“Those look great,” Vic said, staring at my ass. I smirked a little and went to get the shirt. It was just a plain black V-neck, the neckline dipping down my chest.
Vic continued to stare at me as I dressed in the shirt and then pulled the jacket on over it.
I did the four buttons up to the middle of my chest before looking in the mirror across from us. “What do you think?” I asked. “It looks good. The jacket fits your body nicely.”
I smiled and inspected the suit a little more, not sure whether I liked it on me or not. I didn’t look bad, but I had never worn a suit before, so I didn’t know how to feel about it. “What about you?” I asked. Vic pulled started doing up his shirt, buttoning it up to his collar bones. I watched him fix the collar a bit before pulling on the suit jacket out of his garment bag.
He pulled it on, adjusting the fabric over his shoulders, and then looked at me. “Well?” he asked. “Um…you look incredible,” He smiled at me and then looked in the mirror. “I like the color,” I said. It looked nice with his skin tone.
“Mhm, me too.” His was a shade darker than mine, although the black looked more intense on me. I looked like a ghost in all black.
“Can I see them?” Vic’s mom called. He pulled me out from behind the screen, his mom making a pleased face at us.
“You too look wonderful,” she said. She motioned to Vic, and he apparently knew what she meant.
He pulled me against him, putting his arm around my waist. “Oh, could you get Vic a tie, please?” He cringed a little, but let the woman put a tie around his neck.
She did it for him, adjusting it around his throat. “Much better,” his mom complimented. “I think those will do just nicely.”
Vic smiled a little before pulling me back behind the screen. He kissed me once before pulling back to loosen his tie.
“You two can change back,” she said. The party wasn’t until late tonight, so we didn’t have to wear them all day. Vic and I took off the clothes, putting them back in the bags to dress in our regular clothes.
Vic took my bag for me and slung it over his shoulder. “I’ll meet you in the throne room,” he said before disappearing. I sighed and slid my boots before tying them up.
I couldn’t remember the last time I had worn them, but Vic said that they looked nice on me, so why not? I had to admit, they did make my legs look longer.
They were black and stopped just under my knee. I had put black skinny jeans on too and a long-sleeved t-shirt. It was kind of stretched out around the collar and the sleeves, showing of my shoulders and a bit of my collar bones. It was one of my favorite shirts, just because of the fabric. It was pale green, and extremely soft.
I walked out of the room, realizing everyone else had already left. Vic was waiting for me when I got to the throne room, Mike the only one who wasn’t there yet.
Vic smiled at me and held a hand out. I took it, letting him pull me into his lap. “You look really nice today,” he said and nuzzled his face into my hair. “Thanks,”
He nodded and pulled me to rest back against his chest. I smiled and put my head back on his shoulder. “You two look cozy,” Mike teased as he walked in.
“We are supposed to get married,” He shrugged and nodded. “I don’t think anyone expected you to like each other so much. Mom and dad are certainly surprised,”
Vic laughed and nodded again, looking at his parents. “Have you been talking about me again. “Are you guys already cuddling and calling each other sweetie?” he teased. “No,” I blushed a little at his words.
Vic had started calling me little pet names, but I think it was just something he did. He had called me baby the other day without even realizing it.
I had to admit, I liked it though. The random affection was nice. Vic’s parents made Mike sit down then so that they could start with the court.
They had done this every other day so far, and it was pretty simple. The royal guard and the police brought in people who had been breaking the rules that they had set, and lately, anyone who had disobeyed the treaty.
“Alexis, you can bring the first one in,” Vic’s dad said to one of the guards. She nodded and walked out of the door. Vic shifted to sit up more in the chair, resituating me on his lap. I moved to the side so that he could see and crossed one leg over the other.
Vic smiled at me and rested his hand between my thighs, the around my waist to hold me there.
The guard came back with someone in handcuffs. They had messy brown hair and pale skin with piercingly blue eyes. “What’s his crime?” Mr. Fuentes asked.
“He murdered a human,” the guard that had come with Alexis said. The man—boy actually, looked only about sixteen, and kind of scared.
“And what do you plead?” The boy’s lip quivered as he spoke. “I didn’t mean to hurt her,” he whimpered. “I—she wanted to be different, and she…she begged me to turn her. I warned her and asked her over and over to change her mind, but—but she wanted it, and…I couldn’t stop,”
He looked heartbroken as he spoke, and it sounded like he loved whoever the girl was.
Vic rubbed my thigh gently as I stiffened. “You’re plea?” The boy stared down at the floor, little tears dripping off his cheeks. “Guilty,” he choked.
“Hm. The punishment is death for the murder of a human,” Mr. Fuentes said. The boy nodded sadly. “Please,” he whispered.
I cringed at the meaning behind that single word. He wanted to die. He had genuinely loved whoever that girl was, and now he wanted to be punished.
“You want to die?” Mr. Fuentes asked. “Yes. Please k-kill me. I can’t live without her…” I felt tears prick at my eyes as he continued to speak.
“Then so be it,” the guard pulled him away, Alexis following after them. Vic rubbed my thigh again, his lips pressing to my shoulder blade.
“Are you okay?” he asked softly. I shook my head, staring down at our shoes. Vic kissed my shoulder again, pulling me against him tighter.
“I’m sorry,” he whispered. “I know it doesn’t seem fair,” And it didn’t.
That boy had tried to give the girl he loved what she wanted, and after getting his heart broken when she died, he was being punished for her death.
It didn’t seem fair at all that he had had to go though that, and despite his wishes, I didn’t think I could make the same decision that his parents had.
I couldn’t take someone’s life away from them, whether I thought it was right or not.
“We’ll be right back,” Vic said to his family and nudged me to stand. I let him lead me out of the side door, Vic closing it behind himself.
“Why does he have to die?” I asked, kind of angrily. “Because he committed a crime. I know it sucks, but he wanted it, Kellin. He at least deserves to be put out of his misery,”
I cringed at his words. “That’s still not right. He was trying to give her what she wanted.”
Vic sighed and reached for me. “I know. And I wish that he had succeeded, but it doesn’t always work that way. No matter how hard we try, vampires aren’t perfect Kellin. We fuck up too sometimes, and he did. And I’m sorry that I have to say this to you, but you’ll have to get used to it. I was just as upset as you were the first time I was in the court, and it sucked, but it’s the truth,”
I frowned and looked away from him. “This isn’t the first time?” Vic shook his head sadly. “No, it’s not. Not all vampires know how to control themselves, especially ones that were born human. So, this situation isn’t that uncommon. You would be surprised how many humans and vampires fall in love with each other…. Sadly, it doesn’t always work out,”
I rubbed my eyes before looking at him. “It isn’t fair,” I said. “I know,” He pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly.
I pulled back suddenly, a frightening thought coming to mind. “Are you supposed to turn me?” I asked. Vic grimaced and sighed.
“I think so…. Not for a long time, but eventually. I overheard my parents talking about it when they were discussing the truce a few weeks ago. But I don’t think they’ve decided yet. It’s a touchy subject surrounding the truce, because my lover should be able to live along side me, but the point of the truce was to have me marry a human.”
I nodded and leant my head against his chest. I sighed, Vic tilting my chin up to look at him. “Don’t worry about it today, okay? We’re supposed to happy today,”
I nodded again and took a deep breath to calm myself. “Okay?” he asked. I smiled the tiniest bit and kissed him once. “Yeah, I’m okay,” ~

“You look great,” Vic said and kissed my cheek. I smiled and turned around to look at him. “You too,” He smiled back at me before leaning down to kiss my lips.
“Ready?” I nodded and let him take my hand. I still didn’t know my way around the mansion, so he usually took me everywhere.
He led to the ballroom, where there were already people mingling together. “Come here,” Vic pulled me against him as we walked, steering me towards the drinks.
“I’m hoping we can just sneak in,” Vic said. “Why?” I asked back, not understanding why he would want to hide. “We are the guests of honor Kell. My mom would want us to make a grand entrance.”
I grimaced a little and let him grab a drink for us both. I bit my lip skeptically as he held both of the skinny glasses in one hand. It was oddly sexy, watching him hold them between his long, thin fingers. I wondered what else he could do with them…. “Kellin? It’s just champagne,” he said.
“I know,” I blushed deeply, grateful that he didn’t know what I was thinking about. “Vic, there you are!” someone said, startling me.
“Ah, and your husband to be?” I nodded and smiled a little, having no idea who this woman was. “Oh, Aaron, come here, I’ve found them,” she said over her shoulder.
A man walked up, a friendly smile on his face. “I’m sorry for being so rude, I’m Alicia, and this is my husband Aaron. We’re a part of the council,” she said and smiled at me.
“I’m Kellin,” She grinned wider and looked at Vic. “Well it’s lovely to meet you Kellin, and I hope you two enjoy your party,” I nodded a little and looked at Vic.
He was smiling, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “Thank you,” he said as they turned to walk away. I sighed and let Vic pull me against his chest, his hand flat on the small of my back.
I slid my drink from his hand and took a sip, smiling at him as he did the same. “Are you okay?” I asked.
“Mhm, I’m alright,” I kissed his cheek, nuzzling my face into his neck. He rested his cheek against my head just as his someone else walked up to us then, Vic pulling back a bit. “Hey,” he said, an actual smile on his face.
“Sup Vic. This is Kellin?” Vic nodded at the two boys. One had long-ish black hair and gauges, the other with spiky hair and a thick, blind streak through the front of it. Their skin matched Vic’s although slightly different.
“Kellin, this is Jaime and Tony, friends of mine and Mike’s,” Vic explained. I smiled at them, not sure what to say to them, “Cool. Should I say congratulations?” Tony asked, Vic nodding at him.
“Well then congrats. I wasn’t sure if either of you would be happy about this. The truce is cool though,” he said.
“Mhm, it is,” Both of his friends smiled at us. “Well I’m happy for you. And happy birthday Vic,” Jaime said. “Thanks,” Vic smiled back at them before they left.
Vic took a sip of his drink as I looked around the room. It was slowly filling with more and more people, the chandeliers bathing everyone in a warm glow.
People were dressed elegantly as they spoke to each other and continued to approach us. Vic and I had finished two drinks by the time we had gotten to be alone for a minute. “Are you exhausted yet?” Vic asked, making me laugh.
“Just a bit. I didn’t think so many people would be interested in talking to me,” I admitted. “Why not? I love talking to you,” I smiled and kissed him once.
“So is everyone here a vampire?” I asked. “No. There are a few humans, including you. Um…everyone else is though.”
I nodded and leant against him again. Vic had been holding me most of the night, the both of us comforted by each other’s touch.
“Hey Vic?” I asked, a funny thought crossing my mind. He raised his eyebrows a little at me in answer. “Do you have fangs?” I asked, making him laugh.
“What kind of question is that?” I shrugged, laughing with him. “I told you I had never met a vampire before, so I don’t know,”
He smiled at me and nodded. “I’ll show you later, okay? It wouldn’t be proper of me to do it here.” I nodded and smiled, taking a sip from my glass.
I didn’t feel tipsy yet, more like a comfortable warm. “Baby?” Vic asked as I zoned out. “Hm?” he smiled a little and held me closer.
“The council should be meeting soon, and we have to be there,” I frowned, not really wanting to sit though that. “Okay…. What are we supposed to do?” The council was probably one of the few things Vic hadn’t explained to me yet. “Um, nothing, I don’t think. We just have to be there so that we can agree or whatever,”
I nodded a little and leant against him. Vic smiled and kissed my hair.
“Excuse me,” Mr. Fuentes said loudly. “We would like to ask the council to join us in the throne room. Vic, Kellin, and Michael, if you could be there as well,”
Vic sighed and took the glass from my hand. He carried both of them while holding my hand and leading to the throne room again.
He sat down before holding his arms out for me. I sat in his lap, everyone else filing into the room behind Vic’s parents. Mike rolled his eyes while smiling, letting us know he didn’t want to be here either.
He sat down in his chair, followed by his parents. Everyone else sat down around the table that the servants had set up.
“So, we have to discuss the details of the truce,” Mr. Fuentes started.
“I think that the most obvious issues that need to be addressed would be human lives, blood access, and Kellin's mortality.”
I stiffened as he said the last one, Vic rubbing my back hip gently. I took my glass from him and took a sip as I leant back against him. He wrapped an arm around me as I leant against him, crossing one leg over the other.
Vic set his glass on the slight divot in the arm of his chair to hold it there. “Relax baby,” he whispered and continued to massage my hip.
“Well, you mentioned having spoken to the hospitals locally to get the blood vampires will need. We’ll need to get the humans to agree to some form of system for them to donate their blood. Every human can donate 2 pints a week, feeding a vampire who will have a systematic way of accessing the blood being donated.”
Mr. Fuentes nodded his agreement. “Russell, you are the rep for the humans. Do you have anything to add?” he asked.
“Yes, actually, I do. I agree that a system could be made to get the blood to the hospitals, with enough for them to continue working. And we could input a log for how much blood a vampire is limited to weekly,”
Mr. Fuentes nodded again. “I agree with you. So, we’ll start working on that in a bit. Now, we’ve decided that all murders of humans by vampires will be punishable by death, that attempted murder punished by starvation for the severity of the attempt, and any other humane-violence crimes will be punished based on the severity. Agreed?” The council al agreed at once, and then they were talking about me.
“Now, one of the more critical issues of the truce is Kellin's mortality. The truce revolves around the marriage between Victor and Kellin, and the two of them being the tie between the races. So, whether or not he shall remain human is a big issue,”
A few people nodded as he spoke. “Well why should he? He’s only marrying Victor to make the truce,” someone said.
“But what about their feelings? What if they fall in love?” someone else said. I didn’t really like them talking about us like we weren’t sitting five feet away.
“Yes, that is exactly the reason that I wanted to council t debate it,” Mr. Fuentes said. “Wouldn’t that show just how well vampires can treat humans? If after the truce the human who started it were to become one of us?”
I chewed my lip nervously. I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to be a vampire, but it didn’t seem like I have a choice. “Why not leave it up to Kellin?” Vic said, startling me.
“Whether he loves me or not, it’s still his life, so why not leave the decision up to him?” I stared at him in awe as he spoke. “Hm…does the council agree?”
There was a round of yeses before Mr. Fuentes looked at us. “Then the three of you are dismissed,” he said. I got off of Vic, letting him take my hand again.
He pulled me out of the throne room and started walking towards our bedroom. He let go of my hand to open the door and followed me inside.
I pulled him close to me, giving him and open-mouthed kiss. “What was that for?” he asked when we broke apart. “You know what for,”
♠ ♠ ♠
ANOTHER! *tosses mug*

should there be smut in the next chapter? I havent decided yet, but i kinda want to...help

title- "Bulletproof Love" Pierce the Veil