‹ Prequel: Blood Magic
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Solar Flair

Chapter Two Connection

Chapter Two
Connection
P.O.V. Jasper

I knew that I came off as cold because of my analytical way of thinking. With Alice gone I knew that coldness was getting stronger and I was isolating myself from the others. I had thoughts of leaving the Cullen’s and going back to my old ways. But then I found her, desperate and in need of someone to protect her. Kristen’s blood tempted me like no other and if I hadn’t gone hunting that day I would have killed her.

Despite the pain I felt in restraining myself which was never my strong point. Kristen’s very essence was soothing to me and it helped me get through the rough days. I couldn’t explain the strange connection I felt to her. But I knew somehow deep inside myself. Kristen needed me the way I had always believed I needed Alice. I watched as the dark haired guy walked away from the lockers. I didn’t get good vibes from him at all.

Kristen sighed lightly tucking her book back in her locker and turning towards me. We started walking together in silence at first, I looked over my shoulder seeing the dark haired guy watching us. I put my arm around her and she looked up at me confused.

“What are you doing?”
Kristen whispered. I kept walking with her and left my arm around her shoulders. I could sense the whirlwind of emotions within her. Conflicted emotions that she was angry about having. She didn’t want to fall for someone else who was in love with another person. I understood her feelings and did my best to answer her calmly.

“He’s watching us. We need to ward him off”.
I said in a whisper only she could hear. Kristen diverted her gaze and I noticed from how tightly she was hugging her note book to her chest that she was having comfort issues with me being this close to her. If it wasn’t for my ability to feel the emotions of others I would have thought it was something personal. I looked at her and saw her relax smiling to myself.

“Jasper, your controlling my feelings again”.
Kristen realized looking up at me. I smirked at her.
“I had no choice. You’re bumming me out”.
I teased. Kristen cracked a smile looking away from me.

“Ass”.
She said nudging me before we entered our English class. We found a couple of desks near the back of the room and were able to blend in with the other students. I noticed groups of girls giggling and watching me. Kristen smirked to herself as she drew diamond shapes along the edges of her notebook page.

“Someone has a fan base”.
She whispered. I rolled my eyes taking out a book I’d started reading. It was an old book of poems that I had read before. But it was my favorite. I looked up as a girl with auburn hair and bright blue eyes stood in front of my desk. She smiled sweetly at me.
“Hi, I’m Jennet. You must be new here”.
She said blushing scarlet. Kristen smirked looking between us.

“We are new here aren’t we honey”.
Kristen said looking at me. I snickered feeling her emotions of revenge towards me after I made that guy who had been talking to her think we were together. This was her way of getting me back. Of course she had no way of knowing that I had no interest in this girl. I snickered to myself.
“We are indeed Love muffin”.
I retorted making Kristen repress a laugh. Jennet looked between us disappointed as she looked between Kristen and I. She crossed her arms now getting a better look at Kristen.

“So you two are together?”
She asked. Kristen smiled up at her.
“Why else would we have ridiculous nicknames for each other?”
Kristen said as she tapped her pen to her notebook. I repressed a laugh as Jennet walked back to her desk talking to her friends who all looked disappointed now. I looked over at her as she smiled at me.
“Well looks like neither one of us is going to get a date”.
She teased. I snickered shaking my head looking back to the book I was reading.

“You did me a favor actually. She’s too superficial for my taste”.
I said not looking up from my book. I noticed the shift in her emotions as she looked at me for a moment before going back to drawing in her notebook. The shift in her emotions was unexpected to her and to me. But what really got to me about her, was that I didn’t know where Kristen’s emotions began and mine ended. I’d never been so transfixed on someone else’s emotions. I could always tune them out, but I couldn’t stop feeling hers.

It was strange for me being so connected to someone I’d only known for a few months. I didn’t want to become dependent on that connection and I didn’t want to hurt her the way Dean had. The only thing I was sure of when we were around each other. Was that I felt happy even without Alice. That was something I thought was impossible. When lunch rolled around, I walked with Kristen towards the cafeteria since we had morning classes together. Rosalie greeted me with a smile as we joined the line to get food.

“So, how was your first two classes?”
She asked grabbing an apple and a can of soda. I shrugged.
“Alright I guess”.
I said grabbing a soda and an apple like she had. Rosalie looked towards Kristen who was standing with Amanda and Bella talking about the guy she met that morning. Rosalie turned back to me.

“You two seem close”.
She said as we took our seats. I didn’t respond because I really didn’t know how. As I looked across the room I saw the dark haired guy from this morning watching Kristen. The feelings coming from him were dangerous. He wanted to get close to her but there was more to it that I couldn’t pick up on. Kristen looked across the table at me with a worried expression. Her worry hit me like a brick wall bringing me back from trying to figure this guy out.

“Are you ok Jasper?”
Kristen asked. I smiled at her as everyone’s eyes fixed on me.
“Yeah, I’m fine”.
I lied convincingly. I shifted my gaze back across the room to the strange guy watching him get up. His eyes locked with mine and he grinned at me before walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3