Status: New A7X ~Jimmy is in the story~

Almost Easy

Twelve

ZACK'S POV

Watching as Annie stepped around Matt with a smile, I groaned. I was really fucking this up and she was right I did have a problem and that problem was that I couldn’t get over the fact that she wasn’t just a friend anymore, now she was my mate and those more than a few thoughts I had had about her in the past, I could act on now.

“I get a kiss but you get ignored, what have you done?” shaking his head, he left the door open for the guys yet to arrive as I moved through the house to let Icky out.

I was exhausted but there was still so much to do today alone that I wouldn’t be getting any sleep till the following morning.

“Zack did what – are you still not sleeping with my Annie?” popping up in my living room chair, Jimmy winked as I dropped onto the couch with a mumbled fuck.

“Is that the problem? Do you not enjoy sex with Annie because somehow, I have always imagined sex with Annie being amazing; wild, but amazing” stopping long enough to high five Brian, Johnny disappeared into the kitchen only to reappear a moment later with five beers and Icky hot on his tail.

“You get used to seeing someone as a little sister, I can understand” taking a beer from Johnny, I looked at Matt trying to think of the best way to explain that wasn’t the issue. “Please tell me I am not the only one to see her as a sister?” groaning when no one responded he muttered something like perverts and grabbed the remote.

“Bridge really wants a threesome, Zack if you aren’t sleeping with her can I take her?” in all seriousness and true Jimmy fashion he barely batted an eyelash at the question.

Shaking my head, I chugged half the beer. “No Jimmy and that isn’t the problem, it’s the friend thing,” sighing, I finished the beer and stood to get more.

“On her end?” calling out Brian dropped his feet on the coffee table and finally cracked his beer with what I could only describe as a content sigh.

“No on mine” grumbling, I set the extra beers on the table and fell back on the couch. “I want too and it’s not like she hasn’t mentioned it but I just can’t. Every time I touch her I think I shouldn’t be doing this but I should. Hell, I told her I couldn’t remember the first day and truth is Johnny, she is wild and you couldn’t handle her but I don’t know if I can either,”

Tuning them out I tried to focus on the game Matt had put on but even that couldn’t distract me. Instead, I tried doing what she had suggested even as the guys spat out their own ideas – I tried to figure it out because tonight after we officially became a mated couple before the races, I was going to take her to bed one way or another.

**

ANNIE'S POV

Settled into one of the many empty bedrooms at the mansion, I wondered as I tried to clasp the stupid garter, how it was going downstairs with Zack and the rest of the heads. It wasn’t just a meeting night, no this was the first night Zack and I would officially be Vengeance and Chaos to the masses as mates.

Kind of a big deal and yet I couldn’t get the stupid belt to do up so I could get down there.

Growling in frustration as it finally clasped, I straightened up and squinted at my reflection trying to see the sex appeal. I had settled on the peach strapless set and the emerald green dress, the slit on the left ending just under the garter. If this didn’t catch his attention, I was just going to have to jump him- maybe in front of everyone and teach not only him a lesson but them as well.

Stepping into the heels, Bridget had said would accent my ass well, I prayed I wouldn’t fall down the stairs and brushed a stray piece of hair away from my face before reaching for the door knob and exiting the room.

Taking a deep breath as I reached the stairs, I smiled at Jimmy as he stopped talking to another demon and whistled for Brian’s attention just in the other room. Rolling my eyes at both as they panted like dogs, I reached the last step with a sharp exhale mentally sending out thanks that I had managed not to die.

“He still in there?” gesturing to the still closed dining room door just behind Jimmy and waited for a response. Rolling my eyes again as neither responded instead to busy scooping out my dress, I looked around for Johnny or Matt. Giving up entirely, I shrugged moving around the guys till I stood outside the door.

Tapping my nail against the wood, I didn’t wait for a response before pushing it open and stepping into the now silent room.

“Gentlemen, how are we all this evening?” chuckling at a few of the darkening expressions around the table, I shut the door and moved further into the silent room till I stood next to Zack. “I take it the news didn’t go well,” slipping my arm through his, I smiled up at him baring my fangs before looking around the room.

“Ah – actually they hadn’t finished reacting yet. You look incredible,” with a small stammer, he leaned to the side to get a better look at the dress and with a light whistle, cleared his throat, “I believe that covers everything, I am sure your mates are waiting more patiently then mine.”

Tightening my grip on his arm, I took a couple steps before he realized we should be moving and soon we were in the main room of the house.