Status: i'll update whenever, i have a lot of things

Corrupting You

You Leave

THIS IS THE SECOND UPDATE GO BACK AND READ THE LAST CHAPTER IF YOU DIDN'T DO THAT

I rolled over and groaned, offended by the bright light shining in my face. It was way too bright to be my bedroom, considering my curtains were always closed.
I rolled back, waking up slowly and realizing how uncomfortable I was. My face brushed against something warm, really waking me.
I sat up, startled and now extremely nervous. I had rolled into Vic, although that wasn’t what had scared me. We were still on the cliff-side, lying on top of his car. We had stayed out all night.
I shook Vic, needing him to wake up now. “Vic,” He groaned and hid his face into the pillow. “No,” he moaned before rolling onto his back to look at me.
“Kellin?” he asked and then sat up suddenly. “Shit,” I nodded and hopped off of the hood. Vic started piling up all of our stuff to shove it back into the trunk.
I picked his phone up off of the windshield and checked the time; 10:53. “Shit,” I whispered, surprising even myself. “Vic it’s almost eleven,” I called back to him as he shut the trunk. “Fuck,” He walked around the front of the car and unlocked it before getting in.
I followed and got in n the passenger side, not even bothering with my seatbelt. “My parents are going to kill me,” I muttered nervously as he started driving. His hair was a mess and his clothes were rumpled, but he still looked good.
“Do you think they’ll know?” he asked, not even looking at me. “Yes. My mom always wakes me up for school. She’ll definitely know,”
He sighed heavily, driving faster than he normally did. I leant back in my seat and took a deep breath, trying not to freak myself out. I knew I was going to be in the worst trouble I had even been in and the thought frightened me.
The drive took a lot less time than last night and we were pulling up on my street. Vic slowed down considerably and looked over at me. “Stop,” I said softly. I didn’t want my parents to see me with him, especially considering that they would blame him.
“Do you want me to go in with you?” he asked as he pulled over. “God no…. Sorry,” Vic shook his head and then smiled at me. “Just text me later, okay?” he asked. I nodded before leaning over to kiss his lips.
Vic smiled too as he pulled away and then unlocked the door for me. I got out of his car and watched him drive away before finally heading down the street to my house. Both of my parents cars were in the driveway and I knew they would stay there. They both usually went to work before nine, which meant that they had probably taken the day off.
I took another deep breath before opening the door and going inside.
My mom was sitting on the couch with a less-than-pleased look on her face. “Kellin,” she said as she saw me. I froze, letting the terror seep into my veins.
My dad must have heard her say my name because he cam out of the kitchen to glare at me too. “Where on God’s green earth have you been?” he asked angrily, although not in that scary tone he had used with me last time.
“Um…I went for a walk?” My voice came out sounding skeptical, making it easy to tell that I was lying. “Mhm, and when did you leave for this walk? Eight o’clock last night?” I cringed and looked down at the floor.
“Where were you really?” my mom asked as I stared down at the hardwood. “I was with a friend,” I whispered. “Who?” I didn’t answer her, earning an irritated noise. “Who were you with Kellin?” my father asked for her.
I bit into my lip nervously as I tried to think of a good enough lie. They couldn’t know that I was with Vic. “Um, you don’t know them. They’re new,” I said softly.
“Uh huh. And do they have a name?” I was probably making my lip bleed by now, although I didn’t really care. “Can I just be grounded please?” I asked rather than tell them another lie.
“No you can’t. But you can tell me who you were with and what sinful thoughts inclined you to just leave for the night,”
I just stood there, not saying anything. I couldn’t tell them, and I honestly had no idea what to do about it.
“Kellin if you don’t tell me,” my mom threatened. I didn’t think that she even had a real threat but I still didn’t want to be punished.
“Maybe we should send you to military school,” I looked up at my father, genuinely surprised by his words. “What?” My eyes were wide as I stared at his cold, cruel face. It didn’t look like he cared either way and the thought actually hurt.
“You want to send me away?” I asked, my voice breaking. I looked over at my mom, who was now avoiding my eyes. “It would be good for you. Maybe if you learned some manner than we wouldn’t have to put up with all of this attitude,” he said.
“No, don’t. I’ll be good,” He rolled his eyes at me and then crossed his arms over his chest. “If you had been good in the first place then we wouldn’t be considering this. You’ve been lying and talking back, and now sneaking out! How are we supposed to trust a bold-faced liar Kellin?”
I flinched and looked back down at the floor. I had lied to them, but surely they didn’t really want me gone. “What if I start behaving again? I’ll stop with the attitude, I promise,”
He sighed and looked over at my mom who was still looking at anything but me. “I think it would be best for all of us if you left for a little while. Military school will be good for you Kellin,” she said, breaking my heart.
Tears pooled in my eyes as I looked at her. “You don’t mean that,” I said, completely in denial. She was my mom, she wasn’t supposed to do this.
“Kellin, please don’t make this harder than it needs to be,” she whispered back. “How?! You want to get rid of me!” Mom looked up, shaking her head.
“No, sweetie, that’s not it at all,” she said and tried to reach for me. I stepped back, horrified and more hurt than I had ever felt.
“You’re supposed to love me,” I accused before turning and running up the steps to my bedroom. I slammed the door shut and fell onto my bed before I started bawling.
I didn’t want to go to military school. I didn’t want to leave my parents or my home or Vic.
I curled up into a ball on my bed and sobbed, until my mom knocked on the door. “Kellin, honey, can I come in?” she asked softly.
I sat up and sniffled a few times as I rubbed at my eyes. She came in without permission and looked down at me sadly. “Kellin, I—“Go away,” I mumbled and hid my face in my knees. “Kellin, please listen to me,” I didn’t say anything back, even as she sat down on the edge of my bed. She tried to touch me and then sighed as I flinched away.
“Honey, we don’t want to send you away. We love you. But you’ve been really out of line lately. I don’t know what’s gotten into you,” she said.
“I don’t want to be treated like a child that can’t think for themselves,” Mom sighed and reached for me again. I moved back even further until I was sitting against my pillows.
“We just want you to start behaving better baby,” I shook my head and looked over at my window so that I wouldn’t have to look at her.
“You want me gone,” I replied. “No we don’t. We want you to be the Kellin that we raised—“You mean the kid that only does what he’s told. I don’t have any freedom and if I so much as think something different than either of you then I get punished. It isn’t fair and neither is sending me to military school,”
Mom sighed and then rested her hands on her knees. “I’m sorry sweetie,” I shook my head and then rested it on my knees. “If you were sorry then you would let me stay here,” I could see her starting to get irritated, and sighed.
“Maybe if you could keep your attitude in check and stop lying to us then we would let you have some more privileges. But if you keep acting like this then we’ll have no other choice,”
I finally met her eyes, disgusted. “You can’t stop me from being my own person,” I said. “Kellin, we’re not trying to stop you,” I rolled my eyes and got up off of my bed.
“You’re oppressing me and now you want to get rid of me rather than actually let me live my own life,” I said and opened my closet. She watched me in confusion as I started tossing my clothes into the only duffel bag that I had.
I was mad and hurt and just wanted to get out of here, and I had every intention doing just that. “Kellin, what are you doing?” she asked as I pushed my stuff into my bag. I was putting all of my essentials into it and all of the random things I told myself that I couldn’t live without.
“I’m leaving,” I said and grabbed my backpack. I put a few more things into that, and then put my ipod in my back pocket. “Kellin, you can’t leave, stop packing,” she said and stood up.
“Let go of me,” She had taken a hold of my wrist to try and stop me. “Not until you drop that bag and realize that this little rebellion of yours is ridiculous. You’re out of control Kellin and it needs to stop,”
I pulled my arm out of her grasp and scanned my room for anything else I might need. I left my bedroom before mom could stop me and went to get my toiletries from the bathroom. She didn’t follow me surprisingly, and headed down the steps.
I slug both of my bags over my shoulder and then and headed back to my bedroom. I figured that they would try and stop me. the only problem for them was that I had no intention of using the door to escape.
“Kellin,” my mom called as I was opening the window. They were both downstairs still, giving me the perfect opportunity to leave. I dropped my bags and watched as they fell to the ground before nervously climbing into the tree beside the house. I was scared to get down without Vic thee to catch me, but carefully maneuvered myself to the ground.
I could hear my parents shouting, having probably come upstairs to find me missing. I picked my stuff up and then started walking away from our house.
I had no idea where to go, and couldn’t go to school. I walked for a while before reaching the park that Vic had taken me to.
I dropped my stuff and then sat down on one of the swings. It was quiet, considering that it was still morning, and almost eerily sad out today.
I sighed and pulled my ipod out of my pocket.
Kellin: are you at school?
I didn’t think that he would answer anyways, but I still felt disappointed when his message never came. I didn’t to be alone, especially considering that I had nowhere to go.
I sighed and swung back and forth the tiniest bit as I tried to think of what to do. I didn’t have a whole lot of money and I knew I would run out of it fast. All that was in my wallet was the allowance that my parents gave me weekly, adding up to about 75 dollars and come change.
“Kellin?” I whipped around in fear, only to see Mike. “Hey,” He had a cigarette between his fingers and beanie over his hair, although he didn’t have a jacket.
“Aren't you cold?” I asked softly, saying the first thing that came to mind. “Eh, not really,” he walked around the swing beside me and sat down on it. “What are you doing here?” he asked, letting his eyes travel down to the bags beside me.
“Um…I got in a fight with my parents…again,” he nodded and then just stared at me, waiting for me to continue. “They want to send me to military school,”
Mike grimaced and started swaying as he brought the cigarette to his lips. “So, you just left then?” I shook my head and then frowned.
“I guess…. I was just so mad and hurt and…it was like they couldn’t care less if I was there or not, as long as I behaved. My mom kept saying that I had to stop giving them attitude and then following it up with we don’t want to do this. Why would they say that and then insist that I go?”
Mike shrugged and then blew the smoke out of his lips. “I don’t know. But they sound like assholes to me. You’re probably better off without them,” he said.
“But they’re my parents,” Mike nodded and looked over at me. “I know. But parents aren't always right. Maybe you just need time to be yourself,”
I sighed and looked out at the park in front of us. “Do you wanna come home with me?” he asked then. “What?” I looked over at him in confusion, genuinely surprised.
“You can come stay with us. I mean, Vic’s pretty much obsessed with you, so I don’t think he’d care, and our parents are pretty chill most of the time. Besides, they like you,”
I smiled the tiniest bit before shaking my head. “Thanks, but I don’t want to burden you like that. And I can’t let my parents figure out that I’m dating Vic. I don’t know what they’d do if they knew,”
Mike rolled his eyes and then stood up. He picked up both of my bags in one hand and started walking away from me. “Hey,” I followed after him as he kept going and tried to take my stuff from him.
“What? Its not like you have any other offers. Unless you’d like to sleep in the slide tonight,” I sighed and shook my head. “Thanks,” I said softly.
“Mhm. Here,” He dropped my backpack into my hand and then hitched my duffel up onto his shoulder. “Do you know where Vic is?” I asked then.
“At home, I think. Why?” I shook my head again and looked at the road in front of us. “He didn’t answer my text,” I said. “Oh. Well I’m pretty sure he’s there. You can scold him then,” I laughed, for the first time all morning.
We walked in silence for a while while Mike finished his cigarette, and then finally we arrived at their house. Vic’s car was parked on the curb, so he must be home.
I followed Mike inside and upstairs to Vic’s room. He dropped my bag onto his bed and then turned around as Vic walked into the room.
“Uh…hi,” he said and looked between the two of us. “Kellin's staying here,” he said to Vic, who was standing in the doorway in only a pair of sweatpants.
“Do you have any smokes? I ran out and I’m broke,” Vic shook his head before walking over to his dresser. “What happened?” he asked as he pulled a t-shirt out of the middle drawer.
“We got into a fight and they said that they want to send me to military school,” I said. “What? Why?” I sighed and fell onto his bed.
“Apparently because I’m a bad child with a horrible attitude and I’m completely out of control. They said that it would be good for me.”
Vic rolled his eyes and then pulled his shirt over his head. “Oh, um, Mike,” I said and opened my backpack. I handed him a twenty, even as he looked down at me in confusion.
“What’s this for?” he asked. “To buy cigarettes,” He nodded and then smiled at me. “Thanks, although they’re not that expensive,”
I shrugged and let him keep it anyways. I could afford to give him twenty for letting me stay here. Vic walked over to me then and fell onto the bed beside me.
“You can stay with me,” he said. “Thanks. Although Mike already said that I could,” Mike and I both smiled, while Vic rolled his eyes.
“Uh huh, he’s my boyfriend Mike,” Vic said. “I don’t even swing that way,” I laughed at the two of them and leant into Vic’s side as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
He kissed my hair and then watched as Mike left the room, probably to buy cigarettes. I didn’t know why, but I felt so safe here.
“So, we’re not going to school, right?” Vic shook his head and then let go of me to lay down. “There’s not really a point is there? It’s already afternoon,”
I nodded and laid down too, with my head in the crook of his arm. I closed my eyes and let myself relax, more than I had in a while. “Are you going to sleep?” Vic asked softly.
“Mhm…” I felt him kiss my temple before I fell asleep in his arms. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
i told you

title- "Bitter, Broken Me" As It Is