Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Chapter Two Skyhold

Chapter Two
Skyhold

My head was throbbing when I started to regain consciousness. The last thing I remembered was a horrific beast attacking my sister and I. the monster was otherworldly and not something I expected. To feel the evil that radiated from the beast. It was horrifying. I woke with a jolt gasping for air and crying out for my sister at the same time.

“Risa!”
I gasped in horror only to find myself within a room I’d never seen before. Risa was sleeping on a bed just across from mine. She looked like she had gone into some sort of shock. I didn’t blame her in the slightest. After seeing a monster like that, someone like Risa would go into shock. It made me wonder why I wasn’t also in a state of shock. Maybe because I already believed in these things. The door to the room opened and a man entered with a smaller woman who had pointed ears and a strange tattoo that spanned across her forehead and over her left eye. The tattoo broke off there and continued on the sides of her chin.

They smiled at me and while I was hesitant to trust them. I returned the smile only because I didn’t want to be rude. They came deeper into the room and I wondered who they were and how Risa and I came to be in this place.
“You’re awake. It’s good to see you’ve recovered”.
The woman said never losing her kind smile. The man put his arm around her shoulders.
“Welcome to Skyhold. We can show you around if you like. I’m sure you have questions. I am Aedan and this is my wife Lyna”.

I looked between Aedan and Lyna using my ability to read energies to get a better judge of their character. I could sense no malice or anything close to the monstrous energy I felt coming from the beast. With a curt nod I introduced myself.
“I am Kristen, but please call me Krissi. This is my older twin sister, Kristian but everyone calls her Risa, she likes it better I guess”.
I said turning back to the two of them. Lyna smiled kindly again with a curt nod of her own.

“Nice to meet you. Your sister should wake up soon. If you’d like Aedan can show you around and I’ll keep an eye on your sister for you”.
Lyna offered. I was sort of worried about leaving Risa alone. But somehow I knew be it from twin telepathy or whatever that Risa would be alright. I got up under my own power and followed Aedan from the room. He led me down a long hallway and I looked around at the large windows and paintings on the walls.

“So, where exactly are we? We don’t have a place like this where I’m from”.
I said looking over at him. Aedan smiled to himself and I could tell he was nervous about giving me information, most likely because he thought I’d never believe it. I stopped walking turning towards him and giving a smile.

“Hey, I’m open minded. Trust me. You’ll have a harder time explaining things to Risa then me”.
I said never losing my smile. Aedan laughed to himself.
“We expected one of you would be a little hard headed”.
Aedan said as we started walking again. I nodded quickly.
“That would be Risa. No doubt there. So what is this place called?”
I asked looking back to him as we made our way outside standing along the wall of the fortress. A cool breeze kicking up around us. Aedan turned towards the landscape before us. I had to admit it was beautiful.

“This is Thedas that is the name of our world. The place is Skyhold. It is our home. It’s located in Ferelden’s mountains. That is the land we are currently in. This is the home of the Inquisition. My wife Lyna is the Inquisitor who saved all of Thedas from a rift in the sky. I am what is called a Grey Warden, I ended the fifth blight along with my comrades. One of which is the king himself”.
Aedan explained. I gaped at him in awe of his accomplishments and his wife’s. Aedan turned towards the gates before he could go into detail about what my sister and I were doing in this place he paused seeing guards approaching.

“It looks like the king is coming now, he’ll probably want to know what’s going on”.
Aedan said looking back to me. I had to admit I was nervous about this whole thing, I’d never met a King before. Following Aedan out to the court yard I took a step back as he approached the king greeting him as an old friend. They obviously had a bond that was like brothers. When his eyes met mine I blushed at the sight of him not sure what to do.

Aedan laughed to himself as he and the king approached me. Once they were in front of me. I kneeled because it was the only thing I could think to do as a show of respect. Aedan placed his hand on my shoulder smiling at me.
“This is Krissi, Krissi, this is King Alistair”.
Alistair smiled at me.
“It is good to meet you, but I don’t remember ever seeing you in these lands before”.
Alistair said. I frowned a bit looking to Aedan not sure how to respond. Aedan sighed lightly looking just as stumped as I was.

“It is a long story My Lord. As I told you in my letter, this could only be explained in person”.
Aedan said gesturing to the doors of the fortress. Alistair turned to Aedan giving a nod.
“Then let us go and talk about whatever this matter is”.
He said walking with Aedan inside. I stood my ground not sure if I should follow or not. I wanted to know what was going on just as much as the next person. But I wanted Risa with me when I got those answers. I returned to the room that I woke in to find that Risa was still out of it. Lyna was sitting by her bedside like a tentative mother figure. She smiled at me as I entered the room.

“Hello again”.
Lyna smiled at me. I smiled back at her sitting on the other bed looking at my sister as she lay perfectly still. But at the same time it looked like she was in some kind of pain.
“Is she alright?”
I frowned looking to Lyna hoping she would know. Lyna nodded looking back to my sister.
“Coming to a place like this has an effect on those who do not believe in these worlds. It alters something within them and it can be painful. I suppose your guess is as good as mine as to what any of that means”.
Lyna said.

I stood approaching my sister sitting on the edge of the bed.
“I think she’ll be alright though”.
I said smiling to myself. If anyone needed a good mind opening it was Risa. She was always so blind to the magic in the world around her. The things that made people and worlds extraordinary. It was like she simply refused to see them, I looked back to Lyna.

“Aedan is meeting with the king now”.
I told her. Lyna stood.
“Alistair is here? “
Lyna questioned as she stood. I nodded to her folding my hands in my lap. I couldn’t avoid blushing at the thought of him. Alistair was very handsome and a king. I’d never met one before and found myself simply captivated by him. Lyna smiled seeing my reaction to talking about the king.

“Well then, I should go and join them. You’re welcome to come along if you wish”.
Lyna offered. I smiled at her offer shaking my head feeling strangely bashful now. Gosh I wasn’t here five minutes and was already crushing on the guy who ran the place.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3