Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Chapter Five Warrior

Chapter Five
Warrior

I rushed outside hearing the commotion. I saw Aedan with the king who looked kind of wounded but nothing that wouldn’t heal in time. Cullen went after them helping Aedan with the king while I rushed down the steps seeing my sister surrounded by admirers. As I made my way through the crowd taking her hand. I eased Krissi away from them once we were alone turning to her.

“What happened?”
I asked crossing my arms hoping she was alright, Krissi still looked dazed as she looked down at her hands. A smile crossed her lips as she curled her fingers against her palm looking me in the eye now.
“I used magic, it was amazing! I felt it course through me and I saved Alistair from being killed”.

I narrowed my eyes slightly confused as I stepped forwards placing my hands on her shoulders. It was obviously a rush for her to use magic since she loved it so much. I’d always tried to convince her it wasn’t real. But now.

I had regrets over that. However what got me now was the fact she saved the king who was half way down the mountain path moments ago.
“How did you know Alistair needed saving?”
I asked, her face grew pail and she diverted her gaze. I understood why, I had always given her a hard time over supernatural stuff. But now more than ever I needed to believe in my sister and her gifts.

“You can tell me Krissi, I won’t judge you”.
I assured her. We sat down together and Krissi began to tell me about the sudden vision she had. It shocked me to hear about a vivid sudden vision my sister was having. While I had been having horrific nightmares. This was probably something that we should tell Lyna and Aedan. Standing I helped Krissi to her feet and we made our way inside hand in hand. We’d always held hands as kids and stopped once we got older, but right now I needed that extra strength I got from holding my little sisters hand.

As we entered the fortress we were met in the hall by a strange young man in a weird hat. He paused looking at us, well more at Krissi as if he had never seen a woman before. Krissi smiled her normal kind smile at him and if I didn’t know better the boy blushed. I couldn’t really tell cause of his hat.

“Who are you?”
I asked taking charge. He seemed to notice me now, standing next to my twin and looking less enthralled and more intimidated now. With a stammering that I almost didn’t understand he spoke.

“I am Cole “
He said, I nodded in a way of greeting him.
“Great, Cole, can you tell us where Aedan and Lyna are?”
I said cutting to the chase. Cole looked just as intimidated as before and only pointed down the hall. I rolled my eyes at his indecisive directions. Pulling Krissi along with me I started down the hall. She looked back at him.

“Thank you!”
She called to him wanting to be polite as always. We followed the voices down the hall and this time I actually knocked before opening the door. This time the door opened and it was Cullen who stood there. I was relieved to see him again but now wasn’t the time to get all caught up in how Cullen made me feel relaxed for once. Like I didn’t have to be constantly on guard waiting for the next disaster to happen. We walked into the room and again I cut to the chase.

“Krissi had a vision about Alistair being attacked, that’s how she knew to save him. And I have vivid nightmares about a man in black robes and a massive red dragon”.
I said. Aedan and Lyna looked at each other in shock. Liliana stepped forwards crossing her arms.
“Psychic dreams and visions. This could be proof of your heritage”.
Liliana said looking to the room. Cullen shook his head.

“There are no stories of Andraste having psychic powers or magic for that matter”.
Cullen said. Casandra was next to speak as she came off the wall keeping her arms crossed.
“We will figure out this visions and abilities over time. Right now we should focus on training them. Let the agents unravel the truth, we don’t know when this evil god will find us”.
Cassandra said getting to the point as well. I had to admit I liked her style. I felt I could relate to her though I hardly knew her. Lyna and Aedan looked at each other at a loss for words. I understood though. Psychic visions in dreams or while awake was a big deal.

“I will be joining these Agents”.
A voice spoke from the doorway. Krissi gaped turning to see King Alistair standing there. He didn’t look to be in such bad shape anymore. Aedan stepped forwards looking worried.
“My Lord, you are King of Ferelden, the people will need you”.
Aedan said trying to talk him out of this idea of joining the agents. Cullen crossed his arms giving a slight smile.

“Actually, I think His Lordship would be great help, supposing he still knows his way around a sword and shield.”
Cullen remarked. Alistair gave a laugh turning to face Cullen.
“I may be a little rusty, but I am still very skilled with a blade”.
Alistair retorted. Krissi frowned at the idea, I could see the worry in her eyes. Did my sister have it bad for this guy or what? I thought to myself, then I remembered. I wasn’t all that innocent either. I was having strong feelings towards Cullen myself. Ugh, this wasn’t the time for childish crushes. I needed to focus and so did my sister.

“Then it’s settled. If you wish to accompany the agents and I we will be more then glad to have you”.
Cullen said. Aedan sighed looking at Alistair crossing his arms now.
“This won’t be some walk in the park Alistair, we expect a lot of interference”.
Aedan said. Alistair grinned at his old friend who I assumed was like a brother to him.
“Good, then I won’t be bored”.
Alistair said. I sighed to myself knowing Krissi would want a moment alone with Alistair. I followed the others out of the room. Lyna and Cassandra walking on either side of me.
“I hope he doesn’t lead her on”.
Cassandra said I looked at her feeling my older sister protectiveness kicking in.

“Why would he do such a thing?”
I asked. Cassandra sighed but made no hesitations in telling me like it was.
“Your sister is a mage, Alistair is the king of all Ferelden. Mages are widely feared since the days of your mother when she freed us from the Mage lords. It is a long story. I think you and your sister should be educated in the history of this world. We will have to set aside some study time. So you know what you’re dealing with”.
Cassandra said. I held up my hand stopping her in mid speech.
“So to back up a bit here. Alistair and Krissi could never be together even if she loved him?”
Cassandra nodded to me.

“Yes. That’s what I am saying. She would only add more fear to the people of this land. Mages are rebels now, while the war between Templars and mages has died down. It isn’t over. It may never be over”.
Cassandra continued. I crossed my arms taking in what she said.
“Anyway, Cassandra will be training you in the art of sword and shields. We will look into having a historian come here to teach you and Krissi about this land. It will be good for you both”.
As they walked away I got a heavy feeling in my chest looking back towards the room I knew Krissi was with Alistair in. With a heavy sigh I made my way outside.
“You look troubled”.
I lifted my gaze to fix on Cullen and smiled at him.

“I am, I don’t know why I’m smiling. I guess I’m use to smiling when I’m troubled to keep Krissi from getting worried”.
I sighed sitting on the steps. Cullen sat next to me.
“What happened?”
He asked, I looked over at him shaking my head lightly.
“I just found out, Krissi could never really be with Alistair. She would be crushed if she knew that, I know it’s early on but I also know my sister, she’s never felt anything for another person like this. It’s her first love”.
I admitted. Cullen nodded to me.
“It’s always the hardest to deal with. But I don’t think Alistair sees Krissi as a mage”.
Cullen said. I turned to face him.
“What do you mean?”
I asked. Cullen smiled at me.

“Alistair wouldn’t be the problem. It would be the people, and his duty as king. If there was a way to change either of those things. Then there wouldn’t be a problem. “
Cullen said as his men emerged from the fortress. He stood and I followed his lead rising to my feet.
“I will return soon, I look forward to seeing the progress of your training when I do”.
Cullen said with a smile. I couldn’t avoid blushing at his words, or maybe it was his confidence in them. Cullen made his way towards his men and I turned back towards the tower hoping my sister was alright. I’d hate to have to kill the king for hurting her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3