Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Chapter Six Parting is such sweet sorrow

Chapter Six
Parting is such sweet sorrow

I stood nervously picking at my fingernails as I looked at Alistair. I didn’t know how I felt about him going off like this, if he got hurt or something I wouldn’t be able to save him this time. Alistair stood facing the window with his arms crossed.
“Would it be strange if I said I felt connected to you somehow?”
Alistair spoke breaking the silence.

I looked at him lowering my hands now. I didn’t know how to respond, no one had ever felt connected to me other than my twin sister. I walked over standing on the other side of him clasping my hands behind my back.
“I don’t think so. But I’m not exactly a normal girl”.
I said facing the window. Alistair smirked to himself turning towards me.
“You are an extraordinary woman that is true. And you saved my life, but even before that happened. I have to admit, I felt as if we’d met before”.

Alistair laughed to himself.
“Foolish of me I know, talking as if we’d met when we only just met today”.
Alistair said. I smiled up at him.
“It’s alright, I felt the same. Maybe this strange connection will become clear to us over time”.
Alistair nodded.
“Maybe”.
Alistair said smiling at me. I looked down at my silver pendent that hung from my neck. It was in the shape of a star. I took it off and held it out to him. Alistair raised an eyebrow at me slightly confused. I smiled.

“For luck on your mission”.
Alistair smiled at me taking the pendent into his hands. Turning his hazel eyes back to my green ones he gave a nervous laugh.
“Well, I guess I’ll see you when I return”.
He said. I gave a curt nod hugging myself as I stepped back from him.
“I look forward to meeting you again, My Lord”.
Alistair chuckled.

“You don’t have to be so formal. Just Alistair is fine”.
He said with a boyish smile. At those words I watched as Alistair left the room unable to understand why I felt so strongly connected to him. I turned back to the window watching as night consumed the sky and smiled to myself. I decided to make my way out to the wall to get a better look at the night sky. As I stepped out the sound of a still calm night washed over me and I watched the stars and the moon in the sky.
“Beautiful out here isn’t it?”
A voice spoke from behind me. I turned and faced the young man from before, I think his name was Cole.

I smiled at him.
“Yes, I live for the night, if I could be nocturnal I would”.
I laughed to myself. Cole stepped up next to me.
“Night is unlike the fade, there is no day or night, just spirits”.
Cole said, I looked over at him leaning down to get a better look at his face under the brim of his hat.
“The fade?”
I asked. Cole nodded but didn’t meet my eyes.
“It is a land of spirits and demons. The fade is where I came from. I was a spirit once, attached to the body of a mage who was killed by Templars. I have since become human and am very new to its emotions”.
Cole explained.

I smiled at him leaning on the wall looking up at the sky.
“It isn’t easy, I’d tell you it will get easier but that would be a lie. Emotions are hard to deal with. Most of all the ones we don’t understand”.
I said. Cole leaned on the wall next to me turning his head to face me.
“How do you deal with them?”
He asked. I smiled to myself.
“I’m not good at dealing with them, but music helps, unless they are good emotions, then they are easy enough to deal with and don’t weigh on you as much”.
I explained. Cole’s gaze remained fixed on me.
“What kind of music?”
He asked.

I laughed to myself shaking my head.
“Nothing you’ve ever heard of, mostly heavy metal, sometimes J-rock. It’s all different where I come from. There are many forms of music there. But I only really listen to the two styles I named. But when I was a kid, I was a total fan girl. There was this boyband I was obsessed with and one guy who I was infatuated with. Everyone made me feel like crap because of it. Like I was the only girl in the world who ever had that happen”.
I said shaking my head.
“I guess that’s why I keep most things I enjoy to myself these days, anyway. I guess its all part of being human right”.
I stood turning to face him. Cole nodded to me.

“Harsh judgments are a very human thing. It takes great strength to take such judgments, you are a strong woman”.
Cole said. I smiled at him shaking my head lightly.
“No, I’m really not. But I appreciate you saying that”.
I said before taking my leave. I headed back towards the room Risa and I had been given. My thoughts traveling back to Alistair and my prayers that he would be kept safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3